Diagnostics of polyembryoma ovarian (program ID: 248751)
University Hospital Halle (Saale)
Christoph ThomssenSpecialized in: gynecology, mammology
Department of Gynecology and Mammology
The program includes:
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- clinical history taking
- review of medical records
- physical examination
- laboratory tests:
- complete blood count
- general urine analysis
- biochemical blood test
- inflammation markers (CRP, ESR)
- blood coagulation analysis (aPTT, PT, INR)
- tumor markers (CEA, CA19-9, AFP, CA125)
- gynecological examination
- ultrasound of the abdomen
- CT/MRI of the abdomen (if clinically indicated, additional cost is 650/1200€)
- FNA biopsy with histological study (if clinically indicated, additional cost is 2000€)
- nursing services
- consultation of related specialists
- services of all leading experts
- explanation of individual treatment plan
- Medical records
- MRI/CT scan (not older than 3 months)
- Biopsy results (if available)
You may also book:
About the department
According to the Focus magazine, the Department of Gynecology and Mammology at the University Hospital Halle (Saale) ranks among the top German departments specializing in breast cancer treatment!
The department offers the full range of accurate diagnostics, conservative and surgical treatment of diseases of the female reproductive system, breast. The department’s state-of-art infrastructure, advanced diagnostic equipment and the highest professionalism of doctors allow for the achievement of excellent treatment results.
The Head Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Christoph Thomssen. The specialist is one of the best obstetrician-gynecologists in Germany, and the number of patients wishing to see him is steadily growing. He regularly demonstrates high success rates in treating breast cancer and oncological diseases of the female reproductive organs. Not the least role in this is played by the professor's clinical experience of more than 35 years, which he has acquired at the best university hospitals in Germany. The research activities of Christoph Thomssen are also impressive and include numerous studies, publications in the scientific literature (more than 280 in total), lectures, and presentations at conferences. In addition, the doctor actively participates in the work of professional societies in gynecology and mammology.
The department has several certified specialized centers, in particular the Breast Center, the Center for Gynecologic Oncology and the Center for Pelvic Diseases. The Breast Center specializes in the treatment of benign and malignant breast diseases. In the patient needs radical breast resection, she will be offered modern reconstructive techniques to restore the aesthetic appearance of the breast. The Center for Gynecologic Oncology has exceptional experience in the treatment of uterine, cervical, vulvar, ovarian cancers, etc.
The service range of the department includes:
|Other diseases, diagnostic and therapeutic options|
- 1976 - 1978 Medical School at the University of Göttingen (preclinical part).
- 1978 - 1983 Medical School at the Technical University of Munich (clinical part).
- 1982 - 1983 Medical internship.
- 1983 Doctoral degree (Doctor of Medicine).
- 1989 Dr. med. thesis (Supervisor: Prof. Dr. med. H. J. Möller), Department of Psychiatry, Technical University of Munich.
- 1998 Lecturer’s thesis (PD) at the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Hamburg.
- 2001 University Professor for Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Hamburg.
- 2004 University Professor for Obstetrics and Gynecology at the Martin Luther University of Halle-Wittenberg (Ordinarius).
- 1984 - 1986 Residency in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the District Hospital Fürstenfeldbruck (Head: Dr. med. Sixtus Keck).
- 1986 - 1996 Residency and Fellowship in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology of the Technical University of Munich (Head: Prof. Dr. med. Henner Graeff).
- 1991 Board certification in Obstetrics and Gynecology (German National Board Examination).
- 1992 Senior Physician at the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology of the Technical University of Munich.
- 1996 Senior Physician and Deputy Head of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Hamburg (Head: Prof. Dr. med. Fritz Jänicke).
- 2003 Acting Head of the Department of Gynecology and Mammology at the University Hospital Halle (Saale).
- 2004 Head of the Department of Gynecology and Mammology at the University Hospital Halle (Saale).
Subjects of Research
- Clinical Oncology
- Breast cancer (treatment of primary diseases and recurrence): adjuvant and palliative therapy, prognostic and predictive factors, endocrine therapy, chemotherapy, including dose-intense chemotherapy, axillary dissection, quality of life.
- Ovarian Cancer: secondary surgery.
- Cervical Cancer: neoadjuvant chemotherapy, surgery.
- Clinical trials: participation in the development of design and coordination of 12 clinical trials; participation in more than 35 trials.
- Obstetrics: prenatal diagnostics, Doppler sonography.
Membership in Professional Societies
- American Association of Cancer Research (AACR).
- German Cancer Society (DKG).
- German Society of Gynecology and Obstetrics (DGGG).
- Working Group on Gynecological Oncology (AGO).
- EORTC Biomarker and Receptor Study Group (RBSG).
- EORTC Breast Cancer Cooperative Group (BCCG).
- Cancer Center Munich (Project Teams: "Endometrial cancer/cervical cancer", "Breast cancer", "Ovarian cancer").
- Cancer Center Hamburg (AKOG).
- North Eastern German Society of Gynecologic Oncology (NOGGO).
- Scientific and Practical Society of Gynecologists and Obstetricians Saxony-Anhalt.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Universitätsklinikum Halle (Saale)