Chemotherapy for adrenal cancer (program ID: 250561)
University Hospital Halle (Saale)
Mascha BinderSpecialized in: hematology, oncology
Department of Hematology and Oncology
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- history taking
- general clinical examination
- laboratory tests:
- complete blood count
- general urine analysis
- biochemical analysis of blood
- TSH-basal, fT3, fT4
- tumor markers
- inflammation indicators
- indicators blood coagulation
- hormone blood test
- abdominal CT/ MRI
- ultrasound examination
- 1 course chemotherapy
- nursing staff services
- elaboration of individual treatment plan
- Medical records
- MRI/CT scan (not older than 3 months)
- Biopsy results (if available)
You may also book
About the department
According to the Focus magazine, the Department of Hematology and Oncology at the University Hospital Halle (Saale) ranks among the top German medical facilities specializing in bowel cancer treatment!
The department offers the full range of specialized diagnostics, treatment and follow-up care for patients with oncological diseases and blood diseases. The department's doctors have in their arsenal many innovative effective methods to fight against cancer. In addition, a number of clinical trials are carried out here in order to develop the very latest targeted drugs, immunotherapy drugs, etc. All the department's specialists regularly undergo advanced training courses, which help them to keep abreast of innovations in medicine and to guarantee the best therapy result for patients. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Mascha Binder.
The key focus of the department is hematology. The specialists in this field have excellent qualifications in the diagnostics and treatment of benign and malignant blood diseases, as well as diseases of the hematopoietic system. The focus is on acute and chronic types of blood cancer, myeloproliferative and myelodysplastic diseases, lymphomas and multiple myeloma. The therapeutic spectrum includes various types of chemotherapy, targeted drugs, etc. The patients with end-stage pathology are offered treatment within the framework of clinical trials, which in some cases saves or significantly prolongs their life.
The department houses a specialized Bone Marrow Transplant Center. Bone marrow transplantation is one of the most effective methods for the treatment of blood diseases and cancer, especially leukemias and lymphomas. The center has been conducting successful clinical activities for over 10 years and is one of the most modern medical facilities of its kind in Germany.
The department's oncologists provide the diagnostics and treatment of malignant diseases using chemotherapy, immunotherapy, as well as targeted therapy with antibodies or tyrosine kinase inhibitors. The type of therapy or a combination of several types of treatment is selected individually for each patient. An integral part of the treatment is also professional psycho-oncological care. This implies conversations with doctors, which allow the patient to cheer up for an effective treatment while maintaining a positive attitude.
The service range of the department includes:
- Diagnostics and treatment of benign and malignant diseases of blood, hematopoietic system
- Acute and chronic types of blood cancer
- Myeloproliferative diseases
- Myelodysplastic syndromes
- Multiple myeloma
- Diagnostics and treatment of malignant solid tumors
- Gastrointestinal tumors
- Head and neck tumors
- Diagnostics and treatment of blood-clotting disorders (hemostaseology)
- Hemophilia A and B
- Von Willebrand disease
- Rare forms of coagulation factor deficiency and platelet dysfunction (thrombocytopathy)
- Treatment of complications of oncological diseases and medical care in side effects of treatment
- Diagnostics and treatment of other diseases
Prof. Dr. med. Mascha Binder is a therapist specializing in hematology and oncology. Of particular interest to her is immunotherapy in the treatment of cancers, as well as research on the treatment of lymphoid neoplasia. She began her professional training at the University Hospital Freiburg and also worked at the University Hospital Hamburg-Eppendorf for more than 10 years. In the last hospital, she was the Deputy Head of the department and significantly contributed to the expansion of the Comprehensive Cancer Center. Since October 2018, she heads the Department of Hematology and Oncology at the University Hospital Halle (Saale).
Positions in the Department of Hematology and Oncology
- Head of the department.
- Head of the Scientific Working Group on Cancer Immunology.
- Lymphatic neoplasias and multiple myeloma.
- Benign hematological diseases.
- Clinical trials.
- Translational researches in cancer immunotherapy.
- B-cell neoplasms: biology and targeted therapy.
- Resistance mechanisms and their overcoming in the treatment of solid tumors.
Professional Сareer and Honors
- Since October 2018 Head of the Department of Hematology and Oncology at the University Hospital Halle (Saale).
- 2018 Cancer Research Prize of the Hamburg Cancer Society.
- 2016 Digital Leader Award for outstanding achievements in digital information processing at the enterprises.
- 2015 - 2018 Deputy Head of the Department of Hematology and Oncology at the University Hospital Hamburg-Eppendorf.
- 2014 Invitation to the position of W2 Professor in Cancer Research and Immunotherapy.
- 2014 Secretary of the Scientific Congress at the Annual Meeting of the German Society of Hematology and Medical Oncology in Hamburg (more than 6,000 participants).
- 2013 Senior Physician in the Department of Hematology and Oncology with the Section of Pulmonology at the University Hospital Hamburg-Eppendorf.
- 2012 Board certification in Hematology and Oncology, habilitation.
- 2011 Board certification in Internal Medicine, Hubertus Wald Prize for Young Scientists for Cancer Research.
- 2010 Young Master Prize of the German Society of Hematology and Medical Oncology (DGHO).
- 2008 - 2018 Department of Hematology and Oncology with the Section of Pulmonology at the University Hospital Hamburg-Eppendorf.
- 2006 Paul Basset Prize of the European Cancer Center.
- 2005 - 2007 Department of Hematology and Oncology at the University Hospital Freiburg.
- 2004 Doctoral degree.
- 1998 - 2000 Study of Human Medicine in Würzburg, Freiburg, Rome, as well as clinical practice in France, Switzerland, Italy, Australia and the USA.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Universitätsklinikum Halle (Saale)