Multimodality treatment of peritoneal carcinomatosis with cytoreductive surgery and HIPEC (program ID: 372906)
University Hospital Halle (Saale)
Jörg KleeffSpecialized in: general, abdominal, vascular, endocrine surgery
Department of General, Abdominal, Vascular and Endocrine Surgery
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- clinical history taking
- review of medical records
- physical examination
- laboratory tests:
- complete blood count
- general urine analysis
- biochemical analysis of blood
- TSH-basal, fT3, fT4
- tumor markers
- inflammation indicators (CRP, ESR)
- indicators blood coagulation
- abdominal ultrasound
- CT/MRI or PET-CT examination of abdomen
- preoperative care
- cytoreductive surgery to remove visible tumors
within the abdomen and HIPEC
- histologically and immunohistochemically
examination of removed tissue
- symptomatic treatment
- cost of essential medicines
- nursing services
- stay in the hospital with a full board
- accommodation in a 2-bed room
- elaboration further recommendations
- Medical records
- MRI/CT scan (not older than 3 months)
- Biopsy results (if available)
You may also book
About the department
The Department of General, Abdominal, Vascular and Endocrine Surgery at the University Hospital Halle (Saale) offers the full range of medical services in these fields. The department specializes in the surgical treatment of gastrointestinal cancers (surgical treatment of pancreatic, liver, stomach, esophageal and colon malignancies), hernia repair, treatment of gastrointestinal inflammatory diseases, endocrine surgery and surgical correction of vascular diseases and defects. The treatment of patients is carried out in close cooperation with the experts from related fields, particularly, with oncologists, gastroenterologists, radiologists, angiologists, etc. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Jörg Kleeff.
The department widely practices the very latest treatment methods. For example, the department has vast experience in the use of hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy (HIPEC), sparing interventional procedures, minimally invasive interventions, including robotic surgery (da Vinci Si®). With appropriate indications, the outpatient interventions can be performed as well, for example, hernia repair, lymph node removal, soft tissue tumor removal and many others.
The priority of each employee in the department is to provide the patient with comprehensive treatment at the highest level of modern university medicine. At the same time, doctors also devote much time to personal consultations with patients, which helps to establish trust and cheer up the patient for a positive therapy outcome.
The main clinical focuses of the department include:
- Diagnostics and surgical treatment of oncological diseases of the gastrointestinal tract (certification of the German Cancer Society)
- Bowel cancer
- Pancreas cancer
- Stomach and esophageal cancer
- Liver and bile duct cancer
- Peritoneal cancer
- Endocrine tumors
- Vascular surgery
- Open surgery and stent implantation in aortic diseases, aneurysms, dissection and occlusions
- Surgical treatment or stent implantation in carotid stenosis (stroke prevention)
- Treatment of stenosis and occlusion of the lower limb vessels (occlusive peripheral arterial disease, intermittent claudication)
- Pain therapy with spinal cord stimulation in occlusive peripheral arterial disease
- Dialysis access formation (including revision procedures)
- Open and closed interventions in dialysis fistulas, defects after continuous use of catheters, etc.
- Correction of congenital arteriovenous malformations
- Treatment of venous diseases (varicose veins, thrombosis)
- Basic and intraoperative diagnostics using dopplerography and duplex ultrasonography, angiography (CO2) with or without a contrast agent, 3D angiography
- Endocrine surgery
- Surgery in benign endocrine diseases
- Thyroid autonomy and hyperfunction
- Surgeries for endocrine malignancies
- Differentiated tumors (papillary, follicular thyroid cancer)
- Medullary thyroid cancer
- Undifferentiated cancer
- Recurrent thyroid tumors
- Lymph node metastases
- Hereditary thyroid cancer (medullary thyroid cancer in men)
- Adrenal surgery
- Adrenal hyperfunction
- Enlarged adrenal glands
- Adrenal metastases
- Rare adrenal malignancies
- Parathyroid surgery
- Hyperparathyroidism in parathyroid adenoma
- Parathyroid hyperfunction in dialysis patients
- Rare malignant changes in the parathyroid glands
- Neuroendocrine tumor surgery
- Surgery in benign endocrine diseases
- Hernia repair
- Transabdominal preperitoneal hernioplasty
- Total extra-abdominal hernioplasty
- Open operations according to Lichtenstein and Shouldice techniques
- IPOM plastic surgery using special meshes
- Ramirez operation
- Liver and biliary tract surgery, including minimally invasive interventions
- Robotic surgery (da Vinci Si®)
- Esophageal and stomach surgery
- Liver, biliary tract and gallbladder surgery
- Pancreatic surgery
- Colon and small intestine surgery
- Abdominal wall surgery
- Outpatient surgery
- Implantation of port systems for chemotherapy or artificial nutrition
- Open or minimally invasive interventions for the treatment of inguinal hernia
- Umbilical hernia repair
- Lymph node removal
- Soft tissue tumor removal
- Anal and rectal interventions(for example, in hemorrhoids)
- Pilonidal cyst sanitation
- Other diagnostic and therapeutic options
- 1990 - 1992 Faculty of Medicine at the Eberhard Karls University of Tübingen.
- 1992 - 1996 Faculty of Medicine at Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich.
- 1997 PhD thesis, Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich. Subject: "Diagnostic Methods and Epidemiology of HTLV-I and II in Germany".
- 2005 Habilitation, Ruprecht Karl University Heidelberg. Subject: "Mechanisms of pancreatic carcinoma aggression at the molecular level – the TGF-beta signaling pathway".
- 2010 Extraordinary Professor, Technical University of Munich.
- 1994 University of Washington, Laboratory of Murray Korc, Seattle, USA.
- 1995 Harvard University, Boston, USA.
- 1996 Inselspital, University of Bern, Switzerland.
- 1996 University of Toronto, Canada.
Professional Training and Qualifications
- Board certification in General, Abdominal and Special Abdominal Surgery.
- 1999 - 2005 Assistant Physician, Department of Abdominal and Transplant Surgery, Inselspital, University of Bern, Switzerland, as well as Department of General and Abdominal Surgery, Trauma Surgery, University Hospital Heidelberg.
- 2005 - 2008 Senior Physician, Department of General, Abdominal and Trauma Surgery, University Hospital Heidelberg as well as Department of Surgery at the University Hospital rechts der Isar Munich.
- 2009 - 2010 Managing Senior Physician, Department of Surgery at the University Hospital rechts der Isar Munich.
- 2010 - 2015 Leading Senior Physician, Department of Surgery at the University Hospital rechts der Isar Munich.
- 2013 - 2014 Acting Head, Department of Surgery at the University Hospital rechts der Isar Munich.
- 2015 - 2016 Consultant in Hepatobiliary, Pancreatic and General Surgery, Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospitals, Liverpool, UK.
- Since 2015 Professor, Department of Molecular and Clinical Cancer Medicine, Institute of Translational Medicine, University of Liverpool, UK.
- Since 2017 Professor for Abdominal Surgery and Head of the Department of General, Abdominal, Vascular and Endocrine Surgery, University Hospital Halle (Saale).
- Since 2017 Chief Physician, Department of General, Abdominal and Vascular Surgery, BG Kliniken Bergmannstrost Halle.
- 2011 Master of Health Business Administration (MHBA), Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg.
Memberships in Scientific Societies
- American Gastroenterological Association (AGA).
- American Pancreatic Association (APA).
- Asian-Pacific Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association (A-PHPBA).
- Professional Association of German Surgeons (BDC).
- British Medical Association (BMA).
- German Society of General and Abdominal Surgery (DGAV).
- German Society of Surgery.
- German Society for Digestive and Metabolic Diseases (DGVS).
- German Pancreatic Club (DPC).
- European Digestive Surgery (EDS).
- European-African Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association (E.AHPBA).
- European Neuroendocrine Tumor Society (ENETS).
- European Pancreatic Club (EPC).
- European Surgical Association (ESA).
- Bavarian Society of Gastroenterology.
- International Association of Pancreatology (IAP).
- International Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association (IHPBA).
- Society for Surgery of the Alimentary Tract (SSAT).
- Association of Bavarian Surgeons.
Awards and Titles
- Honorary Professor of R.E. Kavetsky Institute of Experimental Pathology, Oncology and Radiobiology, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine.
- Adjunct Associate Clinical Professor, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, USA.
- Fellow of the American Gastroenterological Association (AGAF).
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS).
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS).
Photo of the doctor: (c) Universitätsklinikum Halle (Saale)
Accommodation in hospital
- Program [Description]
Multimodality treatment of peritoneal carcinomatosis with cytoreductive surgery and HIPEC
- Hospital: University Hospital Halle (Saale)
- access_time Duration:
There are 31 ovarian cancer treatment hospitals on Booking Health websiteShow all clinics