University Hospital Hamburg-Eppendorf
Department of Otolaryngology and Head-Neck Surgery (229505)
Specialized in: otolaryngology, head-neck surgery
About the department
The chief physician of the Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery at the University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf is Priv.-Doz. Dr. med. Adrian Münscher. As otolaryngologist, Priv.-Doz. Dr. med. Adrian Münscher specializes in head and neck surgery.
The Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery at the University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf uses the latest technology to treat patients with any otolaryngological diseases. As a part of the University Cancer Center Hamburg (UCCH), the Department works with other tumor experts in the field of tumor diseases and develops individual cancer treatment programs together.
The Department under the direction of Priv.-Doz. Dr. med. Adrian Münscher is involved into an active research activity focused on oncology. The specialists of the University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf use genetic and biomolecular analysis of tissues and blood to get information, which is necessary for the development of individual immune and targeted therapy program. The Department uses and develops sparing techniques, such as robotic and laser surgery (PIR-surgery). The Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery under the direction of Priv.-Doz. Dr. med. Adrian Münscher is a leader in Germany and Europe.
The main treatment focuses of the Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery at the University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf are:
- Treatment of head and neck tumors
- Robotic surgery (TORS/TARS)
- Otology / surgery of the middle ear / skull base
- Cochlear implantation
- Diseases of the salivary glands
- Surgery of thyroid and parathyroid glands
- Treatment of laryngeal and airway constriction
- Endoscopic surgery of the paranasal sinuses
- ASA intolerance and allergies
- Plastic surgery
- Manual therapy, osteopathy, acupuncture
Personal data Born 3/3/1960, married, living in Hamburg, Germany and Training Qualifications
- 1979-1986 Medical Schools: Heidelberg and Freiburg, Germany
- 1986 Doctor's Licence
- 1986 Thesis "Dr.med." degree, University of Heidelberg, Germany graded with "Magna cum laude"
- 1986-1988 Residency Department general and surgical Pathology, University of Mainz, Germany
- 1988-2008 Residence of Fellowship Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery and Oncology, University of Frankfurt, Germany
- 1992 Specialist in Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery
- 1994 Specialist in Plastic Surgery of the Head and Neck
- 1996 Specialist in Special Head and Neck Surgery
- 1997 Specialist in Allergology
- 2007 Specialist in Medicinial Tumor Therapy (Chemotherapy and Target Therapy)
- 1998 Thesis for "PD Dr. med. Habil" and PhD Venia legendi Appointment as "Privatdozent"
- 1994 Appointment as "Assistent medical director"
- 2004 Appointment as "Professor"
- 1999 Appointment as "Vice Chair of the Clinic"
- 2008 Appointment as Chair of the Clinic for Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery and Oncology, University Medical Center Hamburg (UKE)
- 1986-1988 Scientific residencies at MDA Houston (USA) and Sloan Kettering Cancer Center New York (USA)
Memberships and functions in Medical societies and academic boards
- German Society of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery and it's Oncology Group American Academy of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery German Cancer Society National Genome research project ASCO, ESMO, ESSO, EORTC, EUFOS, AHNS, EHNS, IFHNOS
- Member of the Steering Board of the EORTC, Head and Neck Group
- Founder and Chair of the German Society for the prevention and for the Sponsorhip of research in laryngeal cancer
- Founder of the "International Cancer Network"
Academic and Clinical focus
- Author of more than 150 papers on the topic of head and neck and other cancers publicated in international peer-reviewed journals
- Investigator and PI in 32 Clinical Studies
- Board and Advisory Boards in numerous national and international peer-reviewed journals and research committees
- Special surgical work includes endoscopic surgery, reconstructive tumor and tracheal surgery as well as functional laryngeal surgery. Also trained in medical oncology work on induction chemotherapy and targeted therapy drawing the line between surgical and nonsurgical approaches in multimodal tumor therapy
Department of Otolaryngology and Head-Neck Surgery.
University Hospital Hamburg-Eppendorf:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home