University Hospital Hamburg-Eppendorf
Department of Adult and Pediatric Orthopedics (289944)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric orthopedics
About the Department of Adult and Pediatric Orthopedics at University Hospital Hamburg-Eppendorf
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Orthopedics at the University Hospital Hamburg-Eppendorf offers the full range of accurate diagnostics and effective treatment of diseases of the musculoskeletal system in patients of all age groups. The clinical focuses of the department's specialists include the treatment of diseases of the joints, spine, hand, foot, bone and soft tissue tumors, bone tissue and joint infections, orthopedic pathologies in children, and orthopedic rheumatology. The therapeutic options include both conservative and surgical therapy. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Friedrich Böttner.
All department's doctors are distinguished by high professionalism, vast working experience, due to which they guarantee the best treatment result for their patients. Also, the availability of cutting-edge operating rooms, effective conservative and surgical techniques, including the sparing ones, contribute to the successful clinical activities.
The service range of the department includes:
- Surgical treatment of diseases of the upper and lower limbs
- Reconstructive joint-conserving surgery
- Surgical correction of limb deformities, corrective osteotomy
- Surgery for congenital and acquired malformations of the upper and lower limbs
- Arthroscopic joint surgery (shoulder, elbow, hip, knee, ankle joints)
- Open surgery for all joints
- Joint replacement surgery (shoulder, elbow, hip, knee, ankle joints)
- Artificial ankylosis
- Surgical resection of musculoskeletal tumors, including spinal tumors
- Bone tissue repair
- Tendon reconstructive surgery
- Surgical treatment of spinal diseases
- Minimally invasive spinal surgery
- Spinal fusion
- Correction of spinal deformities
- Spinal disc replacement surgery(cervical and lumbar spine)
- Conservative therapy
- Comprehensive pain therapy (on an inpatient basis)
- Other medical services
Curriculum vitae of Prof. Dr. med. Friedrich Böttner
- 1991 - 1997 Rostock University, Medical School, Germany.
- 08 - 09.1992 Postgraduate Training Program, George Mason University, Fairfax, Virginia.
- 02 - 03.1994 World Health Organization, Acupuncture, TaiChi&Chiropractic Training, Beijing, China.
- 09 - 12.1996 Rotation in Orthopedic Surgery, New York University, Bellevue Hospital, New York.
- 01 - 04.1997 Rotation in Internal Medicine, Tulane University, Tulane Medical Center, New Orleans, LA.
- 05 - 08.1997 Rotation in General Surgery, Stellenbosch University, Tygerberg Hospital, Cape Town, South Africa.
- 09 - 10.1997 Rotation in Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Birmingham, Royal Orthopaedic Hospital, Birmingham, United Kingdom.
- 1997 Graduation, Rostock University Medical School.
- 1998 - 1999 Internship in Orthopaedic Surgery, Department of Orthopedics, University Hospital Muenster, Germany.
- 1999 - 2000 Residency in Orthopaedic Surgery, Department of Orthopedics, University Hospital Muenster, Germany.
- 12.1999 Visiting Resident, Prof. T.P. Sculco, Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, USA.
- 05 - 06. 2000 Travelling Fellow, American Orthopedic Association and North German Orthopedic Association, Loma Linda Medical School, Loma Linda, CA, USA.
- 2000 - 2001 Research Fellow, Arthroplasty, Surgical Arthritis, Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, USA.
- 2001 - 2004 Residency in Orthopaedic Surgery, Department of Orthopedics, University Hospital Muenster, Germany.
- 01.2004 German board certification in Orthopedic Surgery, Germany.
- 2004 Orthopaedic Surgeon, Department of Orthopedics, University Hospital Muenster, Germany.
- 2004 - 2005 Fellowship, Total Joint Arthroplasty, Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, USA.
- 2005 - 2006 Fellowship, Sports Medicine, Steadman Hawkins Clinic of the Carolinas Spartanburg, SC, USA.
- 08.2006 Attending Orthopedic Surgeon, Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, USA.
- 08 - 09.2006 Pelvic Osteotomies Germany/Switzerland, Dr Kalchschmidt, Municipal Clinic Dortmund GmbH, Germany.
- 10 - 12.2006 Hip Arthroscopy Fellowship. M. Philippon Steadman Hawkins Clinic, Vail, CO, USA.
- 09.2009 Full License, New York (253920).
- 2000 Travelling Fellowship, North German Orthopedic Association/American Orthopedic Association.
- 2005 Award for Excellence in Blood Management, Orthopaedic Research and Education Foundation.
- 2013 European Society of Anesthesiology Best Abstract Award, Annual Meeting.
Memberships Professional Societies
- South German Orthopedic Association, Germany.
- German Society of Orthopedic and Trauma, Germany.
- North German Orthopedic Association, Germany.
- Orthopedic Research Society, Active Member, USA.
- New York Medical Society, USA.
- Arthroscopy Association of North America, USA.
- International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery and Orthopaedic Sports Medicine, USA.
- Society for the Advancement of Blood Management (SABM).
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS).
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons (AAHKS).
Photo of the doctor: (c) Universitätsklinikum Hamburg-Eppendorf (UKE)
Department of Adult and Pediatric Orthopedics.
University Hospital Hamburg-Eppendorf:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.