University Hospital Hamburg-Eppendorf
Department of Pediatric Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery of Congenital Heart Diseases (289949)
Rainer Gerhard Kozlik-Feldmann
Specialized in: pediatric cardiology, cardiac surgery of congenital heart diseases
About the Department of Pediatric Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery of Congenital Heart Diseases at University Hospital Hamburg-Eppendorf
The Department of Pediatric Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery of Congenital Heart Diseases at the University Hospital Hamburg-Eppendorf offers the full range of diagnostics, conservative and surgical treatment of heart diseases in children, as well as therapy for congenital heart defects in children and adults. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Rainer Gerhard Kozlik-Feldmann.
The department has state-of-the-art equipment for the diagnostics of cardiac pathologies in children. The experts of the department carry out examinations, such as echocardiography and electrocardiography. The optimal type of therapy is selected after making an accurate diagnosis. The treatment of young patients is carried out in strict accordance with the standards of both national and international medical societies, which guarantees the successful treatment outcome.
As the world’s leading high-class specialists, the physician of the department have in-depth knowledge and extensive clinical experience for the provision of quality medical services. At the same time, the experts create a pleasant, friendly atmosphere in the department, which helps children to trust them and get rid of the fear of treatment.
The main clinical activities of the department include:
- Diagnostics and treatment of congenital heart defects in children
- Diagnostics and treatment of heart rhythm disorders in children
- Catheter treatment of congenital and acquired heart defects in children (within the modern specialized laboratory)
- Heart valve malformations
- Coronary artery malformations
- Atrial septal defects
- Interventricular septal defects
- Surgery of congenital and acquired heart defects, including minimally invasive and hybrid surgery
- Monitoring and treatment of adults with congenital heart defects
- Diagnostics and treatment of Marfan syndrome
- Diagnostics and treatment of pulmonary hypertension
- Consultations on heart transplantation in children
- Diagnostic options
- Transesophageal echocardiography
- 3D echocardiography and Doppler echocardiography
- Cardiac MRI for imaging of the anatomical structures of the heart and adjacent vessels (in collaboration with the Department of Radiology)
- 24-hour Holter monitoring
- 24-hour blood pressure monitoring
- Intensive care
- Psychological care
- Other medical service
Curriculum vitae of Prof. Dr. med. Rainer Gerhard Kozlik-Feldmann
- 27.09.1999 Theoretical basis of the specialty on Radiation Protection in X-ray Diagnostics.
- 05.05.1999 Specialization in Pediatric Cardiology.
- 01.10.1997 Board certification in Pediatrics.
- 24.02.1989 Doctoral thesis (with honors), Department of Pediatric Cardiology, University of Duesseldorf. Subject: "The effect of Cooley-Waterston's anastomosis on the pulmonary artery system in patients with tetralogy of Fallot".
- 1981 - 1987 Study of Human Medicine at the University of Duesseldorf.
- Since 01.10.2014 Head of the Department of Pediatric Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery of Congenital Heart Defects at the University Hospital Hamburg-Eppendorf.
- 09.2001 - 07.2014 Deputy Medical Director.
- 01.2000 - 09.2014 Leading Senior Physician.
- 11.1998 - 12.2003 Senior Physician of the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (focus on Pediatric Cardiology and Neurosurgery), University Hospital Grosshadern.
- 01.11.1998 Appointed as a Senior Physician in the Department of Pediatric Cardiology and Pediatric Intensive Care.
- 1995 - 1998 Research Fellow in the Department of Pediatric Cardiology and Pediatric Intensive Care at the Dr. von Hauner Children's Hospital, Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich, Campus Grosshadern.
- 1991 - 1995 Research Fellow in the Department of Pediatrics, Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich.
- 1990 - 1991 Research Fellow in the Department of Pediatrics at the University Hospital Duesseldorf.
- 1988 - 1990 Research Fellow (project of the German Research Foundation), Department of Pediatrics at the University Hospital Duesseldorf.
- 05.12.2018 Professor at the University of Hamburg.
- 17.12.2014 Venia Legendi, Faculty of Medicine, University of Hamburg.
- 24.09.2012 Optional advanced training in Special Pediatric Intensive Care.
- 24.03.2012 Qualifications for consulting on Genetics.
- 24.07.2009 Additional qualification "Adults with congenital heart defects".
- 17.07.2009 Venia Legendi, Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich.
- 24.06.2009 Venia Legendi in Pediatrics, Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- German Society of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine (DGKJ).
- German Society of Pediatric Cardiology (DGPK).
- Association for European Pediatric and Congenital Cardiology (AEPC).
- German Society of Cardiology (DGK).
- European Society of Cardiology (ESC).
Photo of the doctor: (c) Universitätsklinikum Hamburg-Eppendorf (UKE)
Department of Pediatric Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery of Congenital Heart Diseases.
University Hospital Hamburg-Eppendorf:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.