University Hospital Hamburg-Eppendorf
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology (459521)
Specialized in: diagnostic and interventional radiology
About the department
The Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology at the University Hospital Hamburg-Eppendorf offers the full range of modern radiological studies and imaging-guided therapeutic procedures. Patient care is provided both on an inpatient and outpatient basis. The experienced medical team of the department uses only state-of-the-art equipment with fully digital imaging, monitoring and archiving. The doctors work in close cooperation with all departments of the hospital, in particular, with the Department of Traumatology, General and Abdominal Surgery, Hematology and Oncology, Heart Center. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Gerhard Adam.
The service range of the department includes:
- Diagnostic options
- Computed tomography (also contrast-enhanced)
- Magnetic resonance imaging (also contrast-enhanced) for examining soft tissues, joints, internal organs, imaging of the heart, prostate, breast, etc.
- Mammography (X-ray examination of the mammary glands)
- Projection X-ray (for example, to detect pneumonia, bone fractures)
- Imaging diagnostics of the heart: CT scan, cardiac MRI, stress MRI (within the specialized interdisciplinary center)
- Other diagnostic services
- Therapeutic options
- Percutaneous transluminal renal angioplasty for the treatment of renal artery stenosis. This method is a minimally invasive procedure for renal artery dilatation.
- Transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunting (TIPS), which is a minimally invasive and effective treatment for portal hypertension.
- Other therapeutic services
- 04.1993 Habilitation, RWTU Aachen (Supervisor: Prof. Rolf Günther).
- 05.1985 Doctoral dissertation, University of Cologne (Supervisor: Prof. Klaus Saternus), summa cum laude.
- 10.1977 - 10.1984 Study of Medicine in Gent (Belgium) and Cologne.
- Since 2000, Professor (C4) in Radiology, University of Hamburg.
- 07.1998 Appointed as a Visiting Professor in Radiology, RWTU Aachen.
- 05.1993 - 06.1998 PD, Fellow, Senior Fellow, RWTU Aachen.
- 10.1986 - 05.1993 Fellow, RWTU Aachen.
- 01.1985 - 09.1986 Assistant Physician, Evangelical Clinic Cologne-Weiertal.
Editorial and Scientific Activities
- 2005 - 2009 Managing Editor, Fortschritte Röntgenstrahlen.
- 2009 and today Editor of Fortschritte Röntgenstrahlen.
- 2007 - 2011 Editorial Board of Orthopäde und Unfallchirurgie.
- 2000 - 2005 Editorial Board of European Radiology.
- Editorial Board of Der Onkologe.
- 375 Scientific works with an expert assessment (pub.med), as of 1.11. 2015, 16 chapters in books, 2 books, one scientific video work.
Other Scientific Focuses
- 2008 - 2012 TOMCAT Project, Federal Ministry of Education and Research.
- Since 2009, Member of the German Research Foundation, Center for Joint Research 841.
- 2009 - 2015 Scientific Member of the Equipment Committee, German Research Foundation.
- 2009 - 2013 Member of the Landesexzellenzinitiative Hamburg Initiative Project: Nanotechnology in Medicine.
- Since 2011, Member of the Hamburg Academy of Sciences.
- Since 2012, Professional Board of Radiology and Nuclear Medicine, German Research Foundation.
- 1999 Marie Curie Award (Marie Curie Ring) of the German Society of Radiology.
- 2009 Honorary Member of the Austrian Society of Radiology.
Scientific Managing Positions
- 2006 Chairman of the North German Society of Radiology.
- 2005 - 2007 Deputy Dean for Research, Faculty of Medicine, University of Hamburg.
- 2007 - 2011 Member of the Board of Trustees of the University Hospital Hamburg-Eppendorf.
- 2009 - 2011 President of the German Society of Radiology.
- 2015 President of the 96th German Congress on Radiology.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Universitätsklinikum Hamburg-Eppendorf (UKE)
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology.
University Hospital Hamburg-Eppendorf:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.