Surgery resection of giant cell fibroblastoma (GCF) (program ID: 239471)
University Hospital Hamburg-Eppendorf
Jakob R. IzbickiSpecialized in: general, abdominal and thoracic surgery
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- clinical history taking
- review of medical records
- physical examination
- neurological examination
- laboratory tests:
- complete blood count
- general urine analysis
- biochemical analysis of blood
- tumor markers
- inflammation indicators
- indicators blood coagulation
- abdominal ultrasound
- CT/MRI scan
- biopsy of the tumor with hystology
- consultation of related specialists
- preoperative care
- R0 resection of the tumor
- microbiological and histological examination of the remote tissues
- symptomatic treatment
- control examinations
- cost of essential medicines and materials
- nursing services
- full hospital accommodation
- explanation of future recommendations
You may also book
About the department
The chief physician of the Department of General, Abdominal and Thoracic Surgery at the University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf is Prof. Dr. med. Dr. h. c. Jakob R. Izbicki, specialist in the field of abdominal, thoracic and general surgery.
The Department of General, Abdominal and Thoracic Surgery at the University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf offers the best surgical treatment of thoracic and abdominal diseases as well as diseases of the hormone-producing organs, vessels and obesity. The doctors of the Department under the direction of Prof. Dr. med. Dr. h. c. Jakob R. Izbicki have the greatest experience in surgery of pancreas (surgical treatment of pancreatic cancer), esophagus as well as rare periampullary tumors in Northern Germany.
The possibilities for the treatment of malignancies range from a partial removal of the organ and up to a complete removal of the organ systems. In addition, while using minimally invasive techniques, doctors try to preserve (or restore) organ functions and to use the least painful surgical techniques.
According to the Focus magazine rating of 2017, the Department of General, Abdominal and Thoracic Surgery at the University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf ranks among the top German departments specializing in colon cancer treatment!
The spectrum of medical services of the Department of General, Abdominal and Thoracic Surgery under the direction of Prof. Dr. med. Dr. h. c. Jakob R. Izbicki includes the following diseases and treatment options among others:
- Diseases of the colon and rectum
- Diseases of the liver, gallbladder and pancreas
- Diseases of the lungs and chest cavity
- Thyroid and parathyroid diseases
- Esophageal and stomach diseases
- Hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemoperfusion (HIPEC) and diseases of the peritoneum
- Bypass surgery and dialysis access
- Soft tissue tumors (sarcoma)
CLINICAL AND SCIENTIFIC BACKGROUND
- 1998- present Chairman Dept. of General, Visceral and Thoracic Surgery, University of Hamburg
- 1994- present Professor of Surgery, Dept. of General, Visceral and Thoracic Surgery, University of Hamburg
- 1992-1998 Senior Attending Physician and Deputy Director, Dept. of General Surgery, University of Hamburg (Prof. Dr. Dr.h.c. Ch.E. Broelsch)
- 1991-1992 Deputy Director of the project group Gastrointestinal Tumors of the Cancer Center Munich
- 1991 Associate Professor of Surgery, Dept.of Surgery, Ludwig-Maximilians University of Munich Klinikum Innenstadt (Prof.Dr.L.Schweiberer).
- 1991 - 1992 Attending Surgeon Gastrointestinal and Thoracic Surgery and Surgical Oncology. Dept.of Surgery, Ludwig-Maximilians-University of Munich Klinikum Innenstadt (Prof.Dr.L.Schweiberer).
- 1990 Habilitation (Ph.D. Degree) Dr.med.habil.
- 1990 Venia Legendi in Surgery and appointment as Privat-Dozent (Assistant Professor of Surgery).
- 1989 - 1990 Instructor in Surgery (Surgical Gastroenterology, Surgical Oncology and Thoracic Surgery) Dept. of Surgery, Ludwig-Maximilians-University of Munich Klinikum Innenstadt
- 1987 Board certification as surgeon by the Bavarian Chamber of Physicians
- 1986 - 1989 Senior Resident and Postdoctoral Fellow Dept. of Surgery, Ludwig-Maximilians-University of Munich, Klinikum Innenstadt (Prof.Dr.L.Schweiberer).
- 1982 - 1986 Resident and Postdoctoral Fellow in Surgical Gastroenterology II. Dept. of Surgery, University of Cologne (Prof.Dr.H.Troidl).
- 13.05.1982 Doctorial thesis, Bonn University with honours.
- 1981 - 1982 Resident, Dept. of Abdominal and Transplantation Surgery (Prof.Dr.R.Pichlmayr) and Dept. of Pediatric Surgery (Prof. Dr.H.Mildenberger) University Hospital Hannover, Germany
- 20.10.1980 Graduation from medical school with honours
- 1979-1980 Special student, subintern and predoctoral fellow with grant of The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine at the Dept. of Pathology (Prof.Dr.J.H.Yardley) and Dept. of Surgery (Prof.Dr.R.R.Baker) of The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
- 1976-1979 Medical School at Bonn University
- 1975-1976 Medical School at Cologne University
- 1975 Medical School at Bonn University
- 1976 Studies of chemistry and geophysics at Cologne University, Germany
- 6.6.1974 High-school-diploma
Accommodation in hospital
- Program [Description]
Surgery resection of giant cell fibroblastoma (GCF)
- Hospital: University Hospital Hamburg-Eppendorf
- access_time Duration:
There are 86 giant cell fibroblastoma (gcf) treatment hospitals on Booking Health websiteShow all clinics