Lipofilling in abnormal breast areola (program ID: 298403)
University Hospital Hamburg-Eppendorf
Marco BlessmannSpecialized in: plastic, reconstructive and aesthetic surgery
Department of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- clinical history taking
- review of medical records
- physical examination
- laboratory tests:
- complete blood count
- general urine analysis
- biochemical analysis of blood
- inflammation indicators (CRP, ESR)
- indicators blood coagulation
- mammology examination:
- breast ultrasound
- preoperative care
- surgery involving own fat transplantation (lipo-filling)
- symptomatic treatment
- control examinations
- the cost of essential medicines and materials
- nursing services
- full hospital accommodation
- explanation of future recommendations
- Medical records
- Breast ultrasound (if available)
You may also book
About the department
The Department of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery at the University Hospital Hamburg-Eppendorf offers the full range of medical services in these fields. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Marco Blessmann.
The department's surgeons have excellent qualifications in the restoration of defects in all human body parts caused by accidents, infections, cancers, systemic diseases, chronic impaired wound healing, congenital malformations, etc. During the planning of the intervention, all patient's wishes, his particular clinical case and possible concomitant diseases are taken into account.
The scope of tasks of the department's specialists covers all plastic and aesthetic interventions, including the treatment of wrinkles using fillers, injections of their own adipose tissue and botulinum toxin. The department cooperates closely with the Obesity Centre Hamburg‐Eppendorf, and therefore offers extensive options for the correction of sagging skin and stretch marks after weight loss.
The therapeutic service range of the department includes:
- Reconstructive surgery
- Soft tissue and skin defects caused by accidents, infectious and oncological diseases
- Chronic wounds (in peripheral arterial occlusive disease, chronic venous insufficiency), diabetic foot syndrome
- Skin and soft tissue defects after irradiation or burns
- Thoracic wall defects/sternal osteitis
- Damage to nerves and tendons causing motor disorders
- Acne inversa
- Scars (due to burns, hypertrophic scars, keloid scars)
- Surgical wound cleaning
- Vacuum therapy (negative-pressure wound therapy)
- Temporary closure of defects using artificial skin
- Skin transplantation (full-thickness and split-thickness skin grafts)
- Local skin graft plastic surgery
- Implantation of skin expander for its stretching
- Implantation of free skin grafts, adipose or bone tissue
- Microsurgical tissue transplantation
- Plastic surgery
- Body reshaping
- Upper arm lift
- Thigh lift
- Buttock lift
- Body lifting
- Breast lift and augmentation
- Facial plastic surgery
- Upper and lower eyelid lift
- Face lift
- Forehead lift
- Neck lift
- Midface lift
- Injection lipolysis
- Wrinkle treatment (hyaluronic acid, botulinum toxin, lipofilling)
- Nose reshaping
- Ear reshaping
- Genital plastic surgery
- Treatment of hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating)
- Body reshaping
- Breast surgery
- Breast reduction
- Breast augmentation
- Breast lift
- Breast reconstruction after cancer, including nipple and areola reconstruction
- Correction of breast malformations and asymmetry
- Lipofilling for breast augmentation
- Breast implant replacement
- Treatment of gynecomastia in men
- Other surgical services
Education and Professional Career
- 1992 Study of Medicine, Philipps University of Marburg.
- 2001 University Degree in Medicine, University of Hamburg; study of Dentistry at the University of Hamburg; Resident, Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the University of Hamburg, University Hospital Hamburg-Eppendorf.
- 2002 University Degree in Dentistry, University of Hamburg.
- 2003 Assistant Physician, Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
- 2005 Doctoral thesis defense in Dentistry (magna cum laude); doctoral thesis defense in Medicine (magna cum laude).
- 2006 Exam to become a Consultant in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
- 2007 Attending Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon, University Hospital Hamburg-Eppendorf.
- 2009 Qualification in Head Plastic Surgery; Habilitation on the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Hamburg; Venia Legendi as Private /University Lecturer.
- 2010 Attending Surgeon of the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery; Attending Physician of the Department of Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery, University Hospital HAmburg-Eppendorf; Trauma Clinic of the Hamburg Insurance Associations, Diaconic Clinic Agaplesion in Hamburg.
- 2014 Exam to become a Consulting Physician in Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery; Professorship; Chief Physician of the Department of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery at the University Hospital Hamburg-Eppendorf.
Membership in Professional Societies
- German Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
- Professional Association of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
- German Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
- European Association of Cranio-Maxillofacial Surgery.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Universitätsklinikum Hamburg-Eppendorf (UKE)