Brenner Tumor Diagnostics (program ID: 102367)
University Hospital Heidelberg
Markus WallwienerSpecialized in: obstetrics, adult and pediatric gynecology
Department of Obstetrics, Adult and Pediatric Gynecology
The program includes:
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- clinical history taking
- review of medical records
- physical examination
- laboratory tests:
- complete blood count
- general urine analysis
- biochemical blood test
- inflammation markers (CRP, ESR)
- blood coagulation analysis (aPTT, PT, INR)
- tumor markers (CEA, CA19-9, CA125, НЕ4)
- gynecological examination:
- vaginal swab
- biopsy with histological study (if clinically indicated, additional cost is 2500 €)
- transvaginal ultrasound
- ultrasound of abdomen and pelvic organs
- CT/MRI of the abdomen and pelvic organs (if clinically indicated, additional cost is 650/1200 €)
- nursing services
- consultation of related specialists
- treatment by chief physician and all leading experts
- explanation of individual treatment plan
(the cost of medicines is not included)
- Medical records
- MRI/CT scan (not older than 3 months)
- Biopsy results (if available)
You may also book:
About the department
According to the Focus magazine, the Department of Obstetrics, Adult and Pediatric Gynecology at the University Hospital Heidelberg ranks among the top departments in Germany specializing in obstetrics and breast cancer treatment!
The department offers the full range of diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the female genital organs, as well as provides first-class obstetric services, prenatal diagnostics and comprehensive management of pregnancy, including high-risk pregnancy.
The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Markus Wallwiener. The specialist has been working for the benefit of his patients with gynecologic diseases for more than 16 years and provides high-quality obstetric services. He has exceptional professional skills in the fields of surgery (MIC III certified in minimally invasive surgery) and systemic treatment of female genital cancer. Dr. Wallwiener has published more than 230 scientific publications in various areas of gynecology and obstetrics, and is also happy to share his knowledge at scientific conferences.
As part of the National Cancer Center (NCT), the department ensures an individualized, interdisciplinary treatment of female oncopathology. The department offers all advanced conservative and surgical treatment methods that guarantee the optimal result of therapy. In addition, the gynecologists of the department have extensive experience in the treatment of common gynecological diseases, for example, urinary tract infections, urinary incontinence, and inflammatory processes in the female genital organs. All the therapeutic measures carried out by the doctors of the department meet the highest international standards.
In the field of obstetrics, there is offered prenatal diagnostics, care and counseling of expectant mothers during pregnancy, delivery and postnatal care for both mother and child. A specialized medical team, consisting of obstetricians, an anesthesiologist, pediatricians and nursing staff, works 24 hours a day to make sure that the childbirth is painless and as safe as possible. The doctors have four modern, spacious delivery rooms, equipped with everything necessary for childbirth, for example, special chairs for childbirth, baths for water childbirth.
The main clinical focuses of the department include:
|Diagnostics and treatment of cancers of the female genital organs|
|Diagnostics and treatment of breast diseases, in particular, breast cancer|
|Diagnostics and treatment of uterine fibroids|
|Emergency gynecological medical care|
|Prenatal medicine and ultrasound diagnostics|
|Childbirth and postpartum care both for mother and baby|
|Courses for expectant mothers (for example, preparation for childbirth, preparation for infant care, etc.)|
|Other medical services|
Higher Education and Postgraduate Training
- Human medicine studies at the University of Tuebingen.
- Master of Health Business Administration (MHBA), Friedrich Alexander University of Erlangen-Nuremberg.
- Board certification in Gynecologic Oncology (2014 - 2016).
- Assistant Physician, Department of Obstetrics, Adult and Pediatric Gynecology at the University Hospital Heidelberg.
- Managing Senior Physician, Department of Obstetrics, Adult and Pediatric Gynecology at the University Hospital Heidelberg.
- Since 2008 Deputy Head Physician, Department of Obstetrics, Adult and Pediatric Gynecology at the University Hospital Heidelberg.
- Acting Head Physician, Department of Obstetrics, Adult and Pediatric Gynecology at the University Hospital Heidelberg.
- Treatment of oncological diseases of the female reproductive system.
- Special obstetrics and perinatal medicine.
- Endoscopy in gynecology.
- Surgical treatment of breast diseases.
- Surgical treatment of gynecologic cancers.
- Systemic therapy for gynecologic cancer.
- Endometriosis treatment.
Activities in Professional Societies
- 2011 - 2016 Chairman, European Society for Gynecological Endoscopy (ESGE).
- 2018 Secretary, Working Group on Gynecological Oncology (AGO).
- Since 2020 Chairman of the Committee for Digital Patient-Centered Care, German Society for Senology (DGS).
- Since 2021 Chairman of the Digital Medicine Committee, German Society of Gynecology and Obstetrics (DGGG).
Photo: (с) depositphotos