Treatment of ureteral stricture with resection with reconstruction of ureter (program ID: 289063)
University Hospital Heidelberg
Markus HohenfellnerSpecialized in: adult and pediatric urology
Department of Adult and Pediatric Urology
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- clinical history taking
- review of medical records
- physical examination
- laboratory tests:
- complete blood count
- general urine analysis
- biochemical analysis of blood
- tumor markers
- inflammation indicators
- indicators blood coagulation
- pelvic and abdominal ultrasound
- preoperative care
- ureteral resection with anastomosis
- symptomatic treatment
- control examinations
- cost of essential medicines and materials
- nursing services
- full hospital accommodation
- explanation of future recommendations
You may also book
About the department
According to the Focus magazine, the Department of Adult and Pediatric Urology at the University Hospital Heidelberg ranks among the top German departments specializing in prostate cancer treatment!
The department offers the full range of diagnostics and treatment of the urinary system in men and boys. The department has a long history, rich traditions, and is also a recognized center of excellence in the treatment of all urological diseases. The department specializes in the treatment of malignant urological diseases, reconstructive surgery, pediatric urology, treatment of urinary tract dysfunction and kidney stone disease. The department treats about 16,000 patients every year, which is an indisputable confirmation of its impeccable reputation. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Markus Hohenfellner.
The department has the cutting-edge infrastructure and state-of-the-art medical equipment. For example, minimally invasive techniques are widely used here during operations on the adrenal glands, kidneys, ureters, bladder, prostate, and urethra. The department's specialists also have the advanced surgical system DaVinci, which is used for the surgical interventions of varying severity, for example, for the radical removal of prostate tumors.
The key focus of the department’s clinical activities is the treatment of urological oncopathology. Each clinical case is considered at regular tumor boards, after which doctors from the related disciplines (urologists, radiologists, oncologists, etc.) jointly develop an optimal treatment strategy adapted to the individual needs and wishes of the patient. It is worth noting that due to the active research activities of the department's specialists, it offers unique techniques and drugs, which guarantee positive treatment results.
The main clinical focuses of the department include:
- Diagnostics and treatment of urological diseases in adults
- Bladder diseases
- All types of urinary incontinence
- Stress urinary incontinence
- Urge urinary incontinence
- Mixed urinary incontinence
- Overflow incontinence
- Reflex urinary incontinence
- Ureteral diseases
- Urethral diseases
- Testicular diseases
- Testicular torsion
- Adrenal gland disorders
- Kidney diseases
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia
- Diagnostics and treatment of urological diseases in children
- Bladder exstrophy
- Undescended testes
- Non-palpable testicles
- Disorders of sexual differentiation
- Ureteral stenosis
- Vesicoureteral reflux
- Neurogenic bladder
- Wilms' tumor
- Minimally invasive urology
- Botulinum toxin injection therapy
- Fertility restoration after vasectomy
- Endoscopic interventions
- Surgeries with the use of the DaVinci robotic system
- Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy
- Laser procedures
- Harmonic scalpel interventions
- Treatment of male infertility
- Prevention, diagnostics and treatment of cancers of the genitourinary system in men
- Prostate cancer
- Testicular cancer
- Kidney cancer
- Malignant tumors of the urinary tract
- Malignant lymph node tumors
- Retroperitoneal sarcomas
- Reconstructive urology
- Plastic induration of the penis
- Surgical restoration of the functions of the internal and external genital organs
- Other medical services
Since October 1, 2003, Prof. Markus Hohenfellner is the Head of the Department of Adult and Pediatric Urology at the University Hospital Heidelberg. He succeeded Prof. Dr. med. Gerd Staehler, who headed the department since 1989.
Since 1977 to 1983, the doctor studied human medicine in Innsbruck, at the same time in 1980 and 1981 he underwent training at the Universities of London and Oxford.
After two and a half years of training in General Surgery and two and a half years devoted to nephrological basic researches at the Institute of Physiology, University of Munich, the doctor began specialized training in Urology in the Department of Urology at the Witten/Herdecke University, Wuppertal (1988). In 1993, Prof. Hohenfellner became a Medical Specialist in Urology, and in 1994 a Medical Specialist in Special Urologic Surgery.
In 1990 and 1991, the doctor has a scholarship program in the Department of Urology at the University Hospital San Francisco. His scientific and clinical work became the basis for his doctoral thesis, which he completed in 1994. In the same year, he was appointed as a Senior Physician in the Department of Urology at the University Hospital Wuppertal. Since 1997, the doctor held the position of Senior Consulting Physician in the Department of Urology at the University Hospital Mainz.
The main focuses of scientific and clinical activities of Prof. Hohenfellner include urologic oncology and surgical oncology, minimally invasive and reconstructive urology. Under his leadership, the Department of Urology at the University Hospital Heidelberg covers all fields of modern urology, including prevention, early detection, radical cancer surgery, minimally invasive and robotic surgery, diseases of the urinary system, pediatric urology, treatment of urolithiasis and andrology.
Prof. Hohenfellner is a member of many national and international professional societies, the author and co-author of numerous scientific publications and book chapters, as well as the publisher of two scientific books on urology. He has scientific awards from various national and international urological societies, for example, the Best Thesis Award from the European Society of Urology and the Maximilian-Nitze Prize, the most prestigious award of the German Society of Urology.
Memberships in the Professional Societies
- German Society of Urology.
- Forum Urodynamicum.
- European Association of Urology.
- International Society of Urology.
- American Urological Association.
- Austrian Society of Urology.
- German-Japanese Confederation of Urology.
- Society of Urological Researches.
- German Transplantation Society.
- European Renal Association.
Accommodation in hospital
- Program [Description]
Treatment of ureteral stricture with resection with reconstruction of ureter
- Hospital: University Hospital Heidelberg
- access_time Duration:
There are 74 ureteral stricture treatment hospitals on Booking Health websiteShow all clinics