Diagnosis and conservative treatment of vertigo (program ID: 277643)
University Hospital Jena
Otto WitteSpecialized in: neurology
Department of Neurology
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- history taking
- general clinical examination
- otorhinolaryngological examination
- laboratory tests:
- complete blood count
- general urine analysis
- biochemical analysis of blood
- indicators of inflammation
- indicators blood coagulation
- dix-hallpike positional test
- brain and cervical spine CT/ MRI
- ent, neurological and vascular examination
- ECG and heart ultrasound
- consultation of related specialists
- symptomatic specific treatment
- the cost of essential medicines and materials
- nursing services
- control examinations
- full hospital accommodation
- developing of further guidance
You may also book
About the department
According to the Focus magazine, the Department of Neurology at the University Hospital Jena ranks among the top German medical centers specializing in the treatment of multiple sclerosis and Parkinson's disease!
The department offers the full range of services for the accurate diagnostics and effective treatment of acute and chronic diseases of the central and peripheral nervous system. The department's specialists provide treatment of epilepsy, memory problems, headaches, multiple sclerosis, motor disorders, etc. In addition, the department is also a certified Stroke Center. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Otto Witte.
The department is proud of its experienced medical team, which consists of more than 150 employees. The specialists have all the modern medical developments in their specialization and provide the highest level of medical care. In addition to the successful clinical activities, the department is also engaged into active research on the study of various aspects of the functioning of the nervous system and its disorders, ranging from molecular neurobiology to new methods of brain imaging diagnostics.
The main clinical activities of the department include:
- Diagnostics and treatment of motor disorders
- Parkinson's disease
- Atypical Parkinson's disease
- Hemifacial spasm
- Diagnostics and treatment of epilepsy
- Diagnostics and treatment of impaired memory, attentiveness and working capacity
- Diagnostics and treatment of neurological vascular diseases
- Multiple extracranial vascular stenoses and/or occlusions
- Intracranial vascular stenoses and/or occlusions
- Rupture (dissection) of vessel walls
- Cerebral aneurysms
- Conditions after extra- or intracranial stent implantation (transluminal angioplasty using a stent)
- Coagulopathy (mutation in gene coagulation factor V, platelet dysfunction)
- Diagnostics and treatment of headaches
- Migraine (including chronic one)
- Tension headache (including chronic one)
- Cluster headache
- Medication overuse headache
- Diagnostics and treatment of multiple sclerosis
- Diagnostics and treatment of neuromuscular diseases
- Motor neuron diseases (for example, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis)
- Spinal muscular atrophy
- Hereditary spastic spinal paralysis
- Myositis (for example, polymyositis, dermatomyositis, etc.)
- Myopathies (congenital or acquired)
- Congenital neuropathies (for example, Charcot–Marie–Tooth disease)
- Rare congenital neuromuscular metabolic disorders (for example, Pompe disease)
- Rare congenital amyloid disorders with neuropathies (for example, transthyretin familial amyloid polyneuropathy)
- Diagnostics and treatment of sleep disorders
- Sleep-onset insomnia and sleep structure disorders
- Narcolepsy and other types of hypersomnia
- Restless legs syndrome
- Sleep-related breathing disorders
- Sleep-wake rhythm disorders
- Diagnostics and treatment of stroke
- Diagnostics and treatment of dizziness
- Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo
- Vestibular migraine
- Acute vestibular failure
- Meniere's disease
- Bilateral vestibulopathy (bilateral lesion of the vestibular system)
- "Psychogenic" types of dizziness
- Central vestibular dizziness
- Diagnostics and treatment of other neurological diseases
- Study of Medicine at the Universities of Muenster and London; postgraduate study of Philosophy, Psychology and Sociology at the University of Muenster, as well as distance learning of Mathematics at the University of Hagen.
- 1982 Board certification.
- 1983 PhD thesis defense with honours.
- Research and clinical activities at the University Hospitals Muenster and Duesseldorf.
- Internship at the Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore (USA).
- 1991 Doctoral thesis defense on epilepsy research.
- Since 2001 Head of the Department of Neurology at the University Hospital Jena.
- Since 2001 Professorship in Neurology at the Friedrich Schiller University.
- Numerous awards and prizes, including twice winner of the Alfred Hauptmann Prize of the International League Against Epilepsy.
Accommodation in hospital
- Program [Description]
Diagnosis and conservative treatment of vertigo
- Hospital: University Hospital Jena
- access_time Duration:
There are 58 vertigo treatment hospitals on Booking Health websiteShow all clinics