Surgical removal of skin lipomas (program ID: 509606)
University Hospital Jena
Stefan Schultze-MosgauSpecialized in: adult and pediatric oral, maxillofacial, plastic surgery
Department of Adult and Pediatric Oral, Maxillofacial, Plastic Surgery
The program includes:
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- clinical history taking
- physical examination
- review of medical records
- laboratory tests:
- complete blood count
- biochemical analysis of blood
- indicators of inflammation (CRP, ESR)
- indicators blood coagulation
- preoperative care
- surgical removal of skin lipomas
- histologically examination of the remote tissues
- symptomatic treatment
- control examinations
- the cost of essential medicines and materials
- nursing services
- full hospital accommodation
- explanation of future recommendations
- Medical records
- Photo of the affected body regions
You may also book:
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Oral, Maxillofacial, Plastic Surgery at the University Hospital Jena offers the full range of medical services in the areas of its specialization. In addition to dental surgery, the department specializes in traumatology of the facial skull and skull base, head and neck tumors, orthognathic surgery, craniofacial malformations, cleft lip, plastic reconstructive and aesthetic surgery, dentoalveolar interventions, etc. An interdisciplinary approach to the diagnostics, counseling and development of treatment programs contributes to the achievement of the best treatment outcome. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Stefan Schultze-Mosgau, who according to the Focus magazine, ranks among the top specialists in implantology.
One of the department's priorities is the diagnostics and treatment of benign and malignant tumors of the oral cavity, maxillofacial area, ears, etc. The department's specialists have advanced experience in the treatment of hemangiomas – benign vascular lesions, which are quite common in newborns. Depending on the location, type and activity of hemangioma growth, the choice is made in favor of either active therapy or waiting tactics. Thanks to a combination of long experience and advanced medical technology, the best treatment results are provided.
The special focus is on the treatment of congenital facial malformations. In addition to a complete cleft lip, jaw and palate, the department successfully treats other, more rare, malformations, for example, Pierre Robin sequence, Treacher Collins syndrome, Goldenhar syndrome, cherubism, etc.
The treatment mainly involves the use of microsurgical techniques. In particular, microsurgical methods are successfully used in the reconstruction of bone and soft tissue defects of the head and neck caused by oncological diseases, after accidents or in the case of facial malformations. At the same time, tissues (bones, muscles, skin) from other parts of the body are used for the reconstruction of various facial structures. The use of the very latest microsurgical techniques helps to achieve optimal cosmetic results.
The department's range includes the following focuses:
- Diagnostics and treatment of dental diseases, including the tooth-supporting apparatus
- Dental implantology
- Facial malformations
- Diagnostics and treatment of cleft lip, jaw and palate and other malformations
- Surgical correction of skull malformations
- Diagnostics and treatment of malocclusion (dysgnathia)
- Oncological diseases
- Diagnostics and treatment of tumors of the eye and its appendages
- Diagnostics and treatment of head and neck tumors
- Brain tumor surgery in the skull base
- Reconstructive surgery of the head, neck, ears
- Plastic, reconstructive surgery
- Diagnostics and treatment of head and neck injuries
- Fractures of the facial skull, nose, teeth injuries
- Temporomandibular joint replacement
- Other head and neck diseases
- Diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the eyelids, lacrimal apparatus and orbit
- Diagnostics and treatment of osteomyelitis
- Diagnostics and treatment of external ear diseases
- Diagnostics and treatment of lacrimal system disorders
- Diagnostics and treatment of oral cavity diseases
- Peripheral nerve surgery
- Surgery in chronic pain syndromes
- Dentoalveolar surgery
- Diagnostics and treatment of dentofacial deformities
- Craniofacial surgery
- Aesthetic dentistry
- Laser surgery
- And other diagnostic and therapeutic options
- 2009 Chairman of the Board of the National Conference of Medical Directors/Heads of Departments, Medical Universities and Departments of Thuringia.
- 2008 Member of the Pierre Fauchard Academy, Member of the Strasbourg Osteosynthesis Research Group.
- Since 2007 Invitation to the position of the Professor and Head of the Department of Oral, Maxillofacial Surgery and Medical Director of the Department of Adult and Pediatric Oral, Maxillofacial, Plastic Surgery at the University Hospital Jena, Friedrich Schiller University Jena.
- 2005 Early appointment as a Visiting Professor at the Faculty of Medicine at the Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg.
- 2000 - 2005 Senior Physician in the Department of Oral, Maxillofacial Surgery, Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Head of the Department.
- 2004 - 2006 Editorial Board Member of the Implantology Journal.
- 2002 Plastic Surgery.
- 2000 Doctoral thesis defense.
- 1999 Medical Specialist in Oral, Maxillofacial Surgery.
- 1995 - 2000 Medical Specialist in Surgical Dentistry.
- 1990 - 1995 Scientific Assistant in the Department of Oral, Maxillofacial and Plastic Surgery at the Hannover Medical School.
- 1989/1996 Thesis defense, certified Dentist / Doctor.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Universitätsklinikum Jena