University Hospital Muenster
Department of Clinical and Surgical Andrology (113885)
Specialized in: clinical and surgical andrology
About the Department of Clinical and Surgical Andrology at University Hospital Muenster
78 Booking Health patients have already received treatment in the Department of Clinical and Surgical Andrology at the University Hospital Muenster.
96% of patients recommend this hospital and department.
You can read reviews about the quality of the Booking Health service here.
The Department of Clinical and Surgical Andrology at the University Hospital Muenster offers the full range of diagnostics and treatment of various andrological diseases and disorders in men of all age groups. The department specializes in the diagnostics and treatment of male infertility, delayed sexual development, aging-related changes in men, disorders of testosterone synthesis and action, erectile dysfunction, etc. In cooperation with the Department of Gynecology, the department performs a successful treatment of couples with fertility problems. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Sabine Kliesch.
According to the Focus magazine, the Chief Physician of the department, Prof. Kliesch, ranks among the top German specialists in the field of andrology.
In addition to delayed puberty and congenital forms of hormonal disorders, the department treats all forms of decreased gonad function (hypogonadism), including age-related hypogonadism. The department also specializes in all forms of reproductive disorders, which are treated using both conservative and surgical means, as well as assisted reproductive techniques. All the modern methods are available for the surgical treatment, including microsurgical operations to restore reproductive function, testicular biopsy (TESE), or microsurgical epididymal sperm aspiration (MESA). The department integrates the IVF Laboratory, equipped with the state-of-art equipment. This allows the specialists of the department to perform an optimal treatment even in the most severe cases of reproductive function disorders in men.
Another focus of the department is oncological andrology. Special attention is paid to testicular tumors, which are often associated with fertility disorders and/or hormonal changes. The department has at its disposal its own cryobank, thanks to which the patients can cryopreserve and store their sperms and testicular tissues. The specialists of the department have an outstanding expertise in the treatment of oncological testicular diseases. The Chief Physician of the department, Prof. Kliesch, is the Board Member of the interdisciplinary German Working Group on Testicular Tumors, as well as the Member of the European Working Group on Testicular Tumors, which are constantly improving therapy recommendations. In addition, the department’s service range is complemented with both conservative and surgical treatment of erectile dysfunction and ejaculation problems.
Therefore, the department incorporates the most advanced clinical experience, the state-of-art medical technologies and the highest professionalism of physicians and nursing staff, which ensures the best possible treatment results. The department enjoys an excellent reputation both at the national and international levels and belongs to the leading Andrology Centers in Germany.
The department’s service range includes the following options:
|Diagnostics and treatment of the reproductive function disorders|
Diagnostics and treatment of testicular diseases
Diagnostics and treatment of hormonal disorders
Diagnostics and treatment of erectile dysfunction
Diagnostics and treatment of disorders of sexual preference
Diagnostics and treatment of ageing men
Cryopreservation of sperm and testicular tissues
Diagnostics and treatment of delayed puberty
Assisted reproductive techniques in the field of in vitro fertilization (reproduction)
Diagnostics and treatment of other andrological diseases and problems
Curriculum vitae of Prof. Dr. med. Sabine Kliesch
Education and Professional Experience
- 1984 - 1991 Study of Human Medicine, University of Muenster.
- 1991 3rd state examination.
- 1991 Doctoral thesis defense (Magna cum laude) at the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Muenster.
- 1991 Internship.
- 1993 Admission to medical practice.
- 1991 - 1994 Research Associate at the Institute of Reproductive Medicine, University of Muenster (WHO Collaborating Center for the Study of Human Fertility).
- 1997 Clinical Andrologist of the European Academy of Andrology (EAA) (Salzburg).
- 2000 Board certification in Urology (Medical Association of Westphalia-Lippe, Muenster).
- 2001 Research Associate at the Department of Urology.
- 2001 Habilitation on the subject: "Studies on disorders of spermatogenesis in men" and Venia Legendi for Urology at the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Muenster.
- 2006 Additional qualification in Andrology (Medical Association of Westphalia-Lippe, Muenster).
- 2006 Appointment as an Extraordinary Professor by the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Muenster.
- 2006 - 2008 Senior Physician of the Department of Urology, Leading Senior Physician of the Department of Urology at the University Hospital Muenster.
- Since 2008 Head of the Department of Clinical and Surgical Andrology at the University Hospital Muenster.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- 1990 - 2003 Society of Medical Education (1992 - 1996 Secretary).
- Since 1996 Association of Medical Education in Europe.
- 1991 - 2002 German Society of Endocrinology.
- Since 1993 German Society of Andrology.
- Since 1994 European Academy of Andrology.
- Since 1995 German Society of Urology (DGU).
- 1996 - 2004 Working Group on Surgical Techniques, Section for Microsurgery of the German Society of Urology.
- 1996 - 1998 Multinational Association of Supportive Care in Cancer.
- Since 1996 German Cancer Society (DKG) and Working Group on Urologic Oncology.
- Since 1997 Specialized Commission on Testicular Tumors of the Working Group on Urologic Oncology of the German Cancer Society and Member of the interdisciplinary German Testicular Cancer Study Group.
- Since 2001 Member of the European Association of Urology.
- 2001 - 2004 Member of the Working Group "The aging man" of the German Society of Urology.
- Since 2001 Member of the Working Group "Andrology" of the German Society of Urology.
- Since 2005 Board Member of the German Society of Andrology (DGA) (Media Officer).
- Regulation of testicular function.
- Cryopreservation of ejaculate in adolescents and adults with oncological diseases.
- Characterization of spermatogenesis changes in infertile men and patients with testicular tumors.
- Evaluation of prognostic factors for the fertility of testicular sperm in assisted fertilization.
- Sexuality, fertility and endocrinology in testicular tumor patients after completion of oncological therapy.
- Diagnostics and treatment of hypogonadism in men.
- Diagnostics and treatment of erectile dysfunction (primary and secondary erectile dysfunction, Peyronie's disease).
Awards and Prizes
- 1993 Encouragement Prize of the Donors' Association for German Science.
- 1995 Paul Mellin Prize of the North Rhine-Westphalian Society of Urology.
- 1997 Best Poster Presentation at the Congress of American Urological Association (AUA).
- 2002 Maximilian Nitze Prize of the German Society of Urology.
- 2003 Nomination as "Recruitment and Documentation Center Muenster" for clinical trials by the Working Group "Urologic Oncology" (AUO) of the German Cancer Society (DKG).
Photo of the doctor: (c) Universitätsklinikum Münster
Department of Clinical and Surgical Andrology.
University Hospital Muenster:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.