University Hospital Muenster
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics (113903)
Specialized in: gynecology, obstetrics
About the department
The Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics at the University Hospital Muenster is a leading department of maximum medical care in its specialization in Muenster and Westphalen region. Due to the opportunities of the university hospital, the Department always offers the most up-to-date diagnostic and therapeutic methods for all gynecological and obstetric diseases. The Department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Ludwig Kiesel.
The Department at the University Hospital Muenster offers a wide range of specializations and has a special qualification in every of five big focuses:
- Surgical and oncological gynecology
- Senology (Breast Center)
- Obstetrics and perinatal medicine
- Endocrinology (hormonal disorders)
- Reproductive medicine
In gynecologic oncology, the Department under the direction of Prof. Dr. med. Ludwig Kiesel is focused on breast cancer treatment. In cooperation with other departments and sections at the University Hospital Muenster, the Department of Gynecology founded the Breast Center Muenster. According to the Focus magazine rating of 2017, the Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics at the University Hospital Muenster ranks among the top German departments specializing in obstetrics and breast cancer treatment!
The treatment focuses of the Department under the direction of Prof. Dr. med. Ludwig Kiesel are:
- Diagnosis and treatment of breast malignancies
- Diagnosis and treatment of benign breast tumors
- Cosmetic / plastic breast surgery
- Monitoring of high-risk pregnancies
- Prenatal diagnosis and treatment
- Diagnosis and treatment of diseases during pregnancy, delivery and in the postpartum period
- Diagnosis and treatment of gynecological tumors, such as ovarian, uterine and vulvar cancer
- Diagnosis and treatment of non-inflammatory diseases of the female genital tract, especially the treatment of dysplastic changes (anomalous growth) in the cervix uteri (uterine cervix / mouth of the womb) and vulva.
- 1975 – 1978 Study of Medicine in Heidelberg
- 1978 – 1979 Royal Free Hospital Medical School, University of London (Scholarship holder of the German Scholarship Foundation)
- 1979 – 1981 Doctorate in medicine at the University Women's Hospital in Heidelberg 1981; License to practice medicine
- 1981 – 1982 Research Fellowship of the German Research Foundation
- 1982 American State Examination (ECFMG)
- 1983 – 1989 Medical specialist training at the University Women's Hospital in Heidelberg
- 1989 Board certification in Gynecology and Obstetrics
- 1990 Habilitation thesis
- 1992 – 2000 Senior Physician at the Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, University Hospital Tuebingen (Medical Director: Prof. Dr. med. H. A. Hirsch)
- 1996 Facultative postgraduate training in:
- Special Operative Gynecology
- Special Obstetrics
- Gynecologic Endocrinology and Reproductive Medicine
- 1996 – 2000 Managing Senior Physician and subsequently Leading Senior Physician of the Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, University Hospital Tuebingen (Medical Director Prof. Dr. D. Wallwiener)
- Since 2000 Head of the Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, University Hospital MuensterMember of the Ethics Committee of the Medical Chamber Westfalen-Lippe
- Chairman, Foundation "Endometrioseforschung e. V." (Endometriosis Research) (SEF)
- Board Member of the World Endometriosis Society (WES)
- Ex-President of the German Menopause Society
- Board Member of the Umbrella Association of Reproductive Medicine (DVR)
- 1st Chairman of the Tumor Center Muensterland e.V.
- Board Member of the German Society of Gynecologic Endocrinology and Reproductive Health
- Chairman of the German-Hungarian Society for Gynecology and Obstetrics (DUGGG) e. V.
- Member of the Guidelines Commission of the German Society for Gynecology and Obstetrics (DGGG) Member of the International Menopause Society
- Member of the European Endometriosis League
- Representative of the German Society for Gynecology and Obstetrics to the Working Association of the Scientific Medical Societies (AWMF)
- Member of the European Menopause / Andropause Society (EMAS)
- Editorial Board Member (Associate Editor) of "Breast Care"
- Editorial Board Member of "Journal of Endometriosis"
- 1981 European Research Prize of the Japanese Medical Society
- 1986 Schoeller Junkmann Prize of the German Society of Endocrinology
- 1987 Hugo Gusslein Prize of the Austrian Society of Gynecology and Obstetrics
- 1991 Julius Redel Prize of the Heidelberg University (Lecturership Prize of the Medical Faculty)
- 1991 Prize for research in endometriosis of the Endometrioseforschung e. V. (Endometriosis Research) Foundation (SEF)
- 1992 Poster Award of the German Society of Gynecology and Obstetrics
- 2010 Semmelweis Medal of the Hungarian Society of Gynecology and Obstetrics
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics.
University Hospital Muenster:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home