University Hospital Muenster
Department of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology (113915)
Specialized in: pediatric hematology and oncology
About the department
The Department of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology at the University Hospital Muenster ranks among the largest pediatric and cancer centers of Germany. The Department is involved into national and international researches aimed at treatment optimization in the field of pediatric hematology and oncology. It is also the Center for I and II stage studies in pediatric oncology. The Department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Claudia Rössig.
Moreover, the Department under the direction of Prof. Dr. med. Claudia Rössig carries out big international research projects on the treatment of patients with Ewing’s sarcoma, germ cell tumors and non-Hodgkin’s lymphomas. The hemostaseology outpatient clinic at the University Hospital Muenster is one of the largest in Germany and is the Expert Center of supra-regional importance.
The Department of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology annually treats over 15,000 patients on both outpatient and inpatient basis. There are performed about 600 bone marrow and lumbar punctures a year.
The Department of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology at the University Hospital Muenster specializes in the treatment of the following blood disorders and cancers in childhood and adolescence:
- Leukemias and lymphomas
- Tumors of the nervous system, internal organs, connective and supporting tissues
- Autologous and allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation
- Blood clotting disorders, strokes in children and adolescents
- Hematological diseases, especially anemia as well as congenital and acquired disorders of bone marrow functions
- Germ cell tumors
- Disease related to psychosocial development, adaptation and rehabilitation disorders: prevention - consultation - therapy
- Improvement of quality of life in children and adolescents with cancers
Department of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology.
University Hospital Muenster:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home