University Hospital Muenster
Department of Traumatology, Hand and Reconstructive Surgery (113921)
Michael J. Raschke
Specialized in: traumatology, hand surgery, reconstructive surgery
About the department
The Department of Traumatology, Hand and Reconstructive Surgery at the University Hospital Muenster specializes not only in first aid, but also on problematic conditions after accidents and reconstructive surgery as well as in the treatment of all injuries and diseases of the musculoskeletal system and bone system in both children and adults. There are used the most advanced and individual treatments. The Department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Michael J. Raschke.
The University Hospital Muenster is a regional leader in providing medical care for patients after an accident. As the Department of maximum medical care (the certified supra-regional Traumatology Center as well as the Expert Center for Pediatric Traumatology), the Department of Traumatology, Hand and Reconstructive Surgery ensures 24/7 highly efficient and qualified treatment of patients with the most severe injuries.
There are 5 operating rooms, where are annually performed 3,500 inpatient and 1,055 outpatient operations. Overall, the Department has 91 beds, 80 of them are in the standard department, while 11 beds are in the Intensive Care Unit.
The main focuses of the Department of Traumatology, Hand and Reconstructive Surgery under the direction of Prof. Dr. med. Michael J. Raschke are:
- Diagnosis and treatment of hip injuries
- Diagnosis and treatment of ankle and foot injuries
- Diagnosis and treatment of injuries in the lumbosacral area, lumbar spine and pelvis
- Diagnosis and treatment of shoulder girdle and shoulder injuries
- Diagnosis and treatment of elbow and forearm injuries
- Diagnosis and treatment of neck injuries
- Diagnosis and treatment of wrist and hand surgery
- Diagnosis and treatment of knee and shin injuries
- Joint replacement / endoprosthetics
- Removal of metal / foreign bodies
- Septic bone surgery
- Peripheral nerve surgery
- Plastic and reconstructive surgery
- Emergency medical care
- Diagnosis and treatment of other injuries
- Diagnosis and treatment of injuries in childhood and adolescence
- Industrial accidents
- Diagnosis and treatment of sports injuries
- Diagnosis and treatment of injuries in the elderly
- Spine surgery
- 1979 – 1985 Education, Johannes Gutenberg University of Mainz; Medical Faculty, University of Lübeck
- 1987 Doctoral Degree at the Faculty of Clinical Medicine, Institute of Biochemical Endocrinology at the Medical University of Lübeck
- 1997 Habilitation and Venia legendi for the subject "Surgery", Humboldt University of Berlin
- 1999 – 2003 Permanent representation of the clinic management as Leading Senior Physician
- 2003 Extraordinary Professor of the Medical Faculty, Humboldt University of Berlin, Charité Campus Virchow Clinic
- Since August 2003, Head of the Department of Traumatology, Hand and Reconstructive Surgery at the University Hospital Muenster
- 1994 Medical Specialist in Surgery (Medical Association Berlin)
- 1998 Medical Specialist in Accident Surgery (Medical Association Berlin)
- 2002 Additional description: Hand surgery (Medical Association Berlin)
- 2005 Medical Specialist in Orthopedics and Accident Surgery (Doctors' Chamber, Westphalia-Lippe)
- 2005 Additional description: Special Accident Surgery (Doctors' Chamber, Westphalia-Lippe)
- Since May 2003, Head of the Working Association "Geriatric Traumatology" of the German Society for Trauma Surgery.
- Since 2012, Board member of the German Knee Society e.V.
- 2013 – 2018, President of the AOTrauma Germany
The scientific focus of Prof. Raschke includes the improvement of fracture healing by growth factors and growth hormone, implant innovations, different methods of callus distraction and polytrauma care. He is a member of numerous scientific associations as well as author and publisher of important medical publications.
Department of Traumatology, Hand and Reconstructive Surgery.
University Hospital Muenster:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home