University Hospital Muenster
Department of Radiation Therapy and Radiation Oncology (289953)
Hans Th. Eich
Specialized in: radiation therapy, radiation oncology
About the department
The Department of Radiation Therapy and Radiation Oncology at the University Hospital Muenster is a modern center for radiological treatment and cancer research. Here are treated patients with both malignant and benign tumors as well as with various functional disorders. The Department is headed by Univ.-Prof. Dr. med. Hans Th. Eich.
The Department has a TomoTherapy system and three high-performance linear accelerators (True Beam). Depending on the location and manifestation of the disease priority can be given to different irradiation techniques. Every patient receives an individually selected technique and irradiation device. External beam radiation, the so-called teletherapy, is carried out in the Department of the University Hospital Muenster by means of the linear accelerator. This involves proton or electron irradiation. With the use of the state-of-the-art high-precision technology there is ensured a very accurate radiation with the most sparing effect for normal tissues. The radiation with TomoTherapy system is mostly used for prostate cancer radiation, spinal cord tumors with an extensive localization or for other tumors that add a specific complexity to the protection of adjacent organs. The treatment of patients undertaking brachytherapy is usually provided by means of an afterloading device.
To ensure the best quality of medical care, the Department of Radiation Therapy under the direction of Univ.-Prof. Dr. med. Hans Th. Eich cooperates with other departments of the University Hospital Muenster as well as with the external specialists. Since 2013 the clinical spectrum has been completed by the Section at the St. Franziskus Hospital Muenster. Since November 2014 the Department has been cooperating with the German CyberKnife Center at the Hospital of Soest.
The Department of Radiation Therapy and Radiation Oncology at the University Hospital Muenster under the direction of Univ.-Prof. Dr. med. Hans Th. Eich offers the full range of radiation diagnosis and treatment:
- High-voltage radiation therapy
- Brachytherapy with enclosed radionuclides
- Combined radiochemotherapy
- Superficial radiation therapy
- Intraoperative radiation
- Combined radiotherapy
- Extracranial stereotactic radiation therapy (ESRT)
- Registry for the detection of late sequelae after radiotherapy
- Planning of percutaneous radiation therapy and brachytherapy
- Development and adaptation of fixators and treatment aids for radiotherapy
- Intracranial stereotactic radiation therapy
According to the Focus magazine rating of 2017, the Department of Radiation Therapy and Radiation Oncology at the University Hospital Muenster ranks among the top German departments specializing in radiation therapy!
- 1988 – 1995 Study of Medicine at the University of Muenster
- 1991 – 1993 Doctoral Candidate at the Department of Radiation Therapy – Radiation Oncology of the University of Muenster (Head: Univ.-Prof. Dr. med. N. Willich) Preparation of the doctoral thesis under the guidance of Univ.-Prof. Dr. med. R. Poetter (Chairman of the University Hospital Board for Radiation Therapy and Radiation Biology, Vienna)
- 1996 Doctoral Degree (Doctor medicinae), University of Muenster (magna cum laude)
- 1995 – 1996 Internship, Department of Radiation Therapy – Radiation Oncology, University of Muenster (Head: Univ.-Prof. Dr. med. N. Willich)
- 1996 – 1997 Internship, Central Institute for X-Ray Diagnostics University Hospital Essen (Director Mrs. Univ.-Prof. Dr. med. R. Langer)
- 02/1997 – 11/1998 Research Associate, Central Institute for X-Ray Diagnostics, University Hospital Essen (Acting Director Prof. Dr. med. R.-D. Müller)
- 12/1998 – 07/2003 Research Associate, Department of Radiation Therapy of the University of Cologne, Director Univ.-Prof. Dr. med. (Director Univ.-Prof. Dr. med. R.-P. Müller)
- 2002 Medical Specialist in Radiotherapy
- 2003 – 2011 Senior Physician of the Department of Radiation Therapy of the University of Cologne (Director: Univ.-Prof. Dr. med. R.-P. Müller)
- 2006 Habilitation in Radiation Therapy
- Since 09/2011 Head, Department of Radiation Therapy and Radiation Oncology, University Hospital Muenster
- 12/2012 Medical Director of the Comprehensive Cancer Center Muenster (CCCM)
- 11/2014 Director of the German CyberKnife Center Soest
- Since 2002, Deputy Head of the Radiotherapy Reference Center of the German Hodgkin's Lymphoma Study Group (GHSG)
- Since 2002, Member of the radiotherapy expert panel of the GHSG
- Since 2003, Head of the subproject "Radiotherapy" of the Competence Network Malignant Lymphomas, funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF)
- 2010 Member of the Scientific Advisory Board, Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics Radiation Therapy & Oncology)
- 2010 Appointment to the Protocol Committee (panel) of the German Study Group on Gastrointestinal Lymphomas
- 2010 Member of the S3-Guidelines Commission on Hodgkin's lymphoma, CLL
- 2010 Member of the Steering Committee of the International Lymphoma Radiation Oncology Group (ILROG)
- 2006 – 2008, 2012- 2014 Appointment to the Program Committee of the ASTRO by the American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology
- 2015 Member of S2-Guidelines on cutaneous lymphomas
Department of Radiation Therapy and Radiation Oncology.
University Hospital Muenster:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home