University Hospital Muenster
Department of Urology and Pediatric Urology (289954)
Andres Jan Schrader
Specialized in: urology, pediatric urology
About the department
The chief physician of the Department of Urology and Pediatric Urology at the University Hospital Muenster is Prof. Dr. med. Andres Jan Schrader. As a highly qualified urologist, Prof. Dr. med. Andres Jan Schrader specializes in surgical and conservative urooncology, robotic surgical techniques and minimally invasive treatment of prostatic hyperplasia.
The Department of Urology and Pediatric Urology at the University Hospital Muenster with its competent team of specialists in all fields of urology offers patients the full range of surgical and conservative urology at the highest international level. According to the Focus magazine rating of 2017, the Department of Urology and Pediatric Urology at the University Hospital Muenster ranks among the top German departments specializing in prostate cancer treatment!
The specialists of the Department under the direction of Prof. Dr. med. A. J. Schrader combine in their work well-tried diagnostic and therapeutic methods with the latest innovative techniques that are offered by the University Hospital Muenster. A special focus is on the use of minimally invasive surgical techniques and thus the duration of hospital stay, perioperative load and postoperative complaints are minimized.
The main treatment focuses of the Department of Urology and Pediatric Urology at the University Hospital Muenster are:
- Minimally invasive surgery of organ-confined tumors or in case of reconstructive interventions
- Robot assisted minimally invasive surgical techniques
- Multimodal interdisciplinary treatment for advanced tumor diseases
- Reconstructive tumor surgery, e.g. placement of an orthoptic neobladder (made of intestinal parts for both men and women)
- Minimally invasive treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia (enucleation with the use of a thulium laser, biopolar resection and vaporization)
- Any form of kidney stone treatment within the modern Kidney Stone Center
- Innovative neurourology
- Incontinence treatment within the Continence Centre at the University Hospital Muenster
- Pediatric Urology
- Systemic anti-cancer therapy at the highest level
- First access to new therapeutics within the international clinical trials
Pediatric urology deals with the treatment of urinary tract abnormalities and various diseases of the kidneys, ureter, bladder, urethra and male reproductive organs in newborns and children. The main objective of the Department of Pediatric Urology (Priv.-Doz. Dr. med. Gerald Pühse) at the University Hospital Muenster is to provide competent and comprehensive counseling and to inform about the necessity and timing for diagnosis and therapy.
To ensure the best possible treatment quality, the physicians of the Department cooperate with the specialists from the Department of Pediatrics, Pediatric Nephrology, Pediatric Dialysis, Pediatric Radiology and Nuclear Medicine at the University Hospital Muenster. Therefore, there are regular interdisciplinary discussions of specific clinical cases for considering medical cases of children and adolescents with severe diseases.
The range of services of Pediatric Urology at the University Hospital Muenster includes:
- Diagnosis and treatment of external genital organs
- Cryptochridism (undescended testicle)
- Hypospadias (malposition of the urethral opening)
- Pediatric varicocele (varicose veins of the scrotum)
- Labial fusion
- Deviation / penile torsion
- Meatal stenosis (narrowing of the opening of the urethra)
- Acute pain in the scrotum (of various origins)
- Webbed penis
- Phimosis (narrowing of the foreskin)
- Diagnosis and treatment of lower urinary tract
- Vesicoureteral reflux (retrograde flow of urine from the bladder into ureters or kidneys)
- Ectopic ureteral orifice (orifice malposition with a possible incontinence)
- Urethral valves
- Urethral stricture
- Urinary bladder diverticulum (urinary bladder bulging)
- Small bladder capacity
- Megacystis (enlarged bladder)
- Neurogenic bladder (e.g. spina bifida)
- Diagnosis and treatment of the upper urinary tract
- Kidney stones
- Renal pelvis outflow stenosis
- Non-functioning kidneys
- Diagnosis and treatment of the urinary system disorders
- Nocturnal enuresis
- Diurnal enuresis
- Neurogenic bladder
- 1992 – 1999 Study of Medicine at the Hannover Medical School in Hannover
- 1999 – 2000 Research Fellowship at the Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research (HZI) in Braunschweig
- 2000 – 2002 Assistant Physician at the Department of Abdominal Surgery at the Municipal Hospital Braunschweig
- 2002 – 2010 Assistant and Senior Physician at the Department of Urology and Pediatric Urology at the University of Marburg
- 2010 – 2014 Leading Senior Physician and Deputy Head of the Department of Urology of the University of Ulm
- Since 08/2014, Head of the Department of Urology and Pediatric Urology of the University Hospital Muenster
- Surgical and conservative urologic oncology (in particular renal cell carcinoma, prostate cancer, urothelial carcinoma of the bladder)
- Robot assisted surgical techniques
- Minimally invasive therapy of prostate hyperplasia (for example, laser enucleation in benign prostate hyperplasia)
- Study of changes in the signal transduction pathway as a cause of the development and progression of renal cell carcinoma
- Investigation of mutations and posttranscriptional modifications of the androgen receptor in patients with prostate cancer
- Clinical studies on prognostic markers of various urological diseases
Department of Urology and Pediatric Urology.
University Hospital Muenster:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home