University Hospital Muenster
Department of Pediatric and Neonatal Surgery (289955)
Specialized in: pediatric and neonatal surgery
About the department
The Department of Pediatric and Neonatal Surgery is an independent section of the University Hospital Muenster. The Department is an integral part of the Center for Parent, Child and Adolescent Medicine, which was distinguished as Level I Perinatal Center. There is offered a wide range of surgery for children and neonates. There is also a unique experience in the surgery of small premature babies born on the 22nd week and/or weighing less than 500 grams. The Department is headed by Dr. med. Volker Müller.
The Department of Pediatric and Neonatal Surgery at the University Hospital Muenster treats children and adolescents of all ages up to 18 years. The Department is staffed with experienced pediatric surgeons, who have at their command modern diagnostic and treatment methods. In cooperation with the Center for Pediatric Medicine they take care of the health of small patients. Working as a team with the colleagues from the Department of Obstetrics and Prenatal Medicine of the University Hospital Muenster, the specialists of the Department provide a comprehensive consultation on treatment options in case of some pathology even before delivery.
Overall, the spectrum of medical services of the Department of Pediatric and Neonatal Surgery at the University Hospital Muenster offers a variety of treatment programs that cover the most different clinical pictures:
- General pediatric surgery
- Cecal inflammation
- Inguinal hernia
- Umbilical hernia
- Chronic constipation
- Surgery of premature and newborn babies
- Esophageal atresia
- Small bowel atresia
- Anal atresia
- Congenital diaphragmatic hernia
- Hirschsprung’s disease
- Meconium ileus
- Necrotizing enetrocolitis (NEC)
- Vascular malformations and hemangiomas
- Vascular malformations
- Lymphatic malformations
- Venous malformations
- Arteriovenous malformations
- Capillary malformations
- Pediatric urology
- Ureteral stricture
- Ureteral orifice stricture
- Vesicoureteral reflux (VUR)
- Urethral valves
- Bladder exstrophy
- Undescended testicle
- Acute testicular diseases
- Tumor surgery
- Malignant rhabdomyoma
- Chest deformities
The treatment focuses of the Department under the direction of Dr. med. Volker Müller are:
- Congenital malformations, e.g. esophageal atresia, anal atresia
- Surgery of all solid tumors in childhood
- Diseases and malformations of the urinary tract and genital area
- Pediatric Traumatology (school sports and leisure accidents)
- Chest deformities (funnel chest / pigeon chest)
- Hemangiomas and vascular / lymphatic malformations
- Defecation disorders (constipation / incontinence)
Department of Pediatric and Neonatal Surgery.
University Hospital Muenster:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home