University Hospital for Neurosurgery Salzburg
Department of Neurosurgery (113879)
Peter A. Winkler
Specialized in: neurosurgery
About the department
Tumor formation of the brain and spinal cord, vascular diseases of the central nervous system and degenerative diseases of the spine are also treated here.
A team of professionals consisting of physicians, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists, nurses, and administrative staff are headed by a University Professor, MD Peter A. Winkler.
The clinic has several departments, such as:
- Department of Spine Diseases
- Department of Vascular Diseases
- Department of Hydrocephalus and Shunting
- Department of Tumor Diseases
The list of diseases and conditions which are treated in the clinic:
- Tumors of the brain and spinal cord
- Brain, skull injuries, and their consequences
- Bleeding in the brain and spinal cord
- Vascular diseases of the brain and spinal cord, such as aneurysms, vascular malformations, arteriovenous fistula, etc.
- Diseases of the spine
- Movement disorders such as Parkinson's disease and cerebellar tremor
- Pituitary diseases such as pituitary adenoma, craniopharyngioma, and Rathke Cleft Cyst
- Trigeminal neuralgia
- Neurological diseases in children
Thanks to the continuous professional development of physicians and medical staff, advanced technologies and treatment methods are used here. In the treatment of neurological diseases here applies microsurgery, neuronavigation, neuromonitoring, minimally invasive surgery, endovascular surgery, surgery of intervertebral discs, lumbar and cervical spine stabilization surgery, kyphoplasty, stereotactic and functional neurosurgery, epilepsy surgery, electrical stimulation of the vagus nerve.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Uniklinikum Salzburg
Department of Neurosurgery.
University Hospital for Neurosurgery Salzburg:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.