University Hospital Oldenburg
Department of Cardiac Surgery (361480)
Specialized in: cardiac surgery
About the department
The Department of Cardiac Surgery at the University Hospital Oldenburg offers the full range of services in this medical field. The department is headed by PD Dr.med. Alexander Weymann.
Many heart operations are performed minimally invasively, which has a positive effect on wound healing, the patient experiences less pain, and the period of hospitalization is significantly reduced. Thanks to a long experience of doctors and state-of-the-art equipment, the department provides excellent results of treatment of heart pathologies.
The range of medical services of the department includes:
- Coronary artery bypass surgery
- With or without the use of a heart-lung machine
- Minimally invasive technique
- Comprehensive arterial bypass surgery
- Treatment of valvular heart disease
- Reconstructive surgery
- With the help of mechanical prostheses
- With the help of biological prostheses
- Aortic root replacement
- Aortic surgery
- Ascending aorta surgery
- Operations on the aortic arch in deep hypothermia and cardiovascular insufficiency with selective cerebral perfusion
- Descending aorta surgery
- Abdominal aorta surgery
- Peripheral artery surgery
- Carotid artery surgery
- Operations on the iliac vessels
- Operations on the femoral vessels
- Surgery for congenital and acquired heart defects
- Atrial septal defect
- Ventricular septal defect
- Left ventricular aneurysm
- Surgical oncology
- Resection of heart tumors
- Surgery for tumors of the adjacent organs (in cooperation with the relevant departments)
- Surgery for heart rhythm disorders
- 1, 2 and 3-chamber pacemakers and defibrillators
- Implantation of a device for recording heart rhythm disorders
- Atrial ablation on the open thorax
- Surgical treatment of heart failure
- Auxiliary blood circulation
- Implantation of an artificial heart
- Surgical treatment of pulmonary insufficiency
- Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO)
- 2000 - 2006 Study of Human Medicine, Humboldt University Berlin
- 2003 - 2005 Scholarship, Department of Cardiac Surgery, University Hospital Charité Berlin,
- 20.10.2006 Medical Approbation
- 23.03.2007 Dissertation Subject: "Influence of an AT1 antagonist (Eprosartan) on the effects of acute ischaemia on the isolated hamoperfused pig heart", Department of Cardiac Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, University Hospital Charité Berlin
- 16.07.2015 Habilitation
- Venia legendi in Cardiac Surgery: "Cardiovascular tissue production from decellularized biological material", Department of Cardiac Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Heidelberg University
- 01.12.2006 - 31.08.2009 Employment as Research Fellow and Assistant Physician at the Department of Cardiac Surgery, University Hospital Charité Berlin
- 01.09.2009 Employment as Research Fellow and Assistant Physician at the Department of Cardiac Surgery, Heart Center, Heidelberg University
- 01.01.2010 Ordinary Panel Physician for the retrieval of thoracic organs at the German Organ Transplantation Foundation.
- 13.05.2013 Medical Specialist in Cardiac Surgery, Medical Chamber Nordbaden
- 27.08.2013 Registered with a license to practice, General Medical Council, United Kingdom
- 01.10.2013 – 30.09.2014 Specialist Registrar, Royal Brompton and Hareﬁeld NHS Foundation Trust, Department of Cardiothoracic Transplantation and Mechanical Circulatory Support, London, United Kingdom
- Since February 2014, Senior Surgeon for the retrieval of thoracic organs, Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Foundation Trust
- 01.10.2014 Senior Physician, Department of Cardiac Surgery, Heart Center, Heidelberg University
- 01.09.2016 - 26.01.2017 Deputy Medical Director and Leading Senior Physician, Department of Cardiac Surgery, Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg
- 27.01.2017 - 31.03.2017 Acting Director, Department of Cardiac Surgery, Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg
- 01.04.2017 Deputy Medical Director and Leading Senior Physician, Department of Cardiac Surgery, Carl von Ossietzky University Oldenburg
- Ernst-Derra-Award of the German Society of Thoracic, Cardiac and Vascular Surgery (2017).
- Travel Grant of the Japanese Society of Surgery (2017).
- St. Jude Medical Prize of the Society of Thoracic, Cardiac and Vascular Surgery (2015).
- Travel Grant of the Japanese Society of Surgery (2015).
- Travel Grant of the Japanese Society of Surgery (2014).
- Vascular Surgery Research Prize of the German Society of Thoracic, Cardiac and Vascular Surgery (2014).
Department of Cardiac Surgery.
University Hospital Oldenburg:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home