University Hospital Rechts der Isar Munich
Department of Plastic Surgery and Hand Surgery (114027)
Specialized in: plastic surgery, hand surgery
About the department
The Department of Plastic Surgery and Hand Surgery at the University Hospital Rechts der Isar Munich offers the full range of services in the field of plastic reconstructive, aesthetic surgery and hand surgery. The doctors of the department have a unique experience in the field of tissue transplantation, finger, arm and hand replantation, as well as perform all types of classical aesthetic procedures. Thanks to the high rate of successful treatment results, the department enjoys an excellent reputation both in Germany and far beyond its borders. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med.
The medical team of the department consists of 16 highly qualified doctors, who make every effort to achieve the best functional results, taking into account the aesthetic aspects. Surgical interventions are performed in state-of-the-art operating rooms, equipped with all necessary technical facilities. Outpatient operations are performed in a separate outpatient operating room. To provide medical care in case of urgent clinical situations, a specially trained team of doctors works round the clock in the department.
The main clinical focuses of the department include:
- Reconstructive plastic surgery
- Microsurgical tissue transplantation to close defects after accidents or tumor removal
- Lymph node transplantation in severe forms of lymphedema of the upper or lower extremities
- Reconstructive interventions on the mammary gland (breast plastic surgery after its removal, reconstruction in breast malformations and asymmetry, gynecomastia treatment)
- Reconstructive interventions after skin cancer treatment
- Reconstructive interventions and transplantation in facial nerve paralysis, partial paralysis or facial nerve muscle motor disorders
- Innovative therapy for severe wounds of all parts of the body
- Other services
- Plastic aesthetic surgery
- Breast augmentation (with implants, patient’s own tissues)
- Breast reduction
- Body contouring surgery (breast, abdominal and thigh lift)
- Scar revision (using a laser and other latest techniques)
- Eyelid lift
- Forehead lift (endoscopic method)
- Neck lift
- Lip augmentation
- Wrinkle treatment
- Nose reshaping
- Ear reshaping
- Chin reconstruction and reduction
- Other services
- Hand surgery
- Replantation of the fingers and upper limbs (specialized round-the-clock Replantation Center)
- Treatment of pain syndrome due to compressed nerves
- Treatment of Dupuytren's contracture
- Correction of hand developmental malformations
- Reconstructive interventions on the hand after severe injuries
- Other services
- Treatment of nerve lesions and restoration of motor function after severe injuries, treatment of tumors or congenital malformations
- Regenerative therapy
- Cell therapy
- Tissue therapy
- Therapy with the use of innovative biomaterials and growth factors
- Other types of therapy
- Other therapeutic options
- Since 12.2007 and until now, Head of the Department of Plastic Surgery and Hand Surgery at the University Hospital Rechts der Isar Munich.
- 11.2003 Visiting Professor (University Hospital Lubeck).
- 10.1999 - 11.2007 Senior Physician (since 02.2004 Leading Senior Physician) of the Department of Plastic Surgery and Hand Surgery at the University Hospital Lubeck.
- 11.2002 Additional qualification in hand surgery.
- 10.2001 Optional advanced training, intensive therapy in plastic surgery, including medical care for severe burns.
- 07.1999 Habilitation.
- 02.1999 Medical Specialist in Plastic Surgery.
- 08.1997 - 09.1999 Senior Physician of the Department of Plastic Surgery, Hand Surgery and Reconstructive Surgery, Hannover Medical School.
- 12.1996 Additional qualification in plastic surgery.
- 04.1995 Medical Specialist in Surgery.
- 06.1993 - 07.1997 Assistant Physician, Department of Plastic Surgery, Hand Surgery and Rehabilitation Surgery, Hannover Medical School.
- 03.1991 - 06.1993 Assistant Physician, Department of Abdominal and Transplant Surgery, Hannover Medical School.
- 08.1988 - 02.1991 Civil Service Physician and Assistant Physician (since 04.1990), Department of Surgery, University Hospital Heidelberg.
- 06.1988 Admission to medical practice.
- 10.1981 - 06.1988 Study of Medicine in Hannover, Göttingen, Heidelberg, Wuhan (China) and Chicago.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Klinikum rechts der Isar der Technischen Universität München
Department of Plastic Surgery and Hand Surgery.
University Hospital Rechts der Isar Munich:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.