University Hospital Rechts der Isar Munich
Department of Adult and Pediatric Dermatology, Allergology (286)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric dermatology, allergology
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Dermatology, Allergology at the University Hospital Rechts der Isar Munich offers the full range of services in this medical field. It diagnoses and treats all skin diseases, allergic reactions, for example, psoriasis, neurodermatitis, chronic wounds and skin cancer. In addition, the department specializes in the treatment of pediatric skin diseases, phototherapy, the use of modern laser treatments, surgical treatment of pathological skin changes. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Tilo Biedermann.
The department has more than 74 beds, two state-of-the-art operating rooms and one procedure room with innovative systems for the treatment of skin diseases. The department treats about 30,000 outpatients and about 4,600 inpatients every year. The experienced surgeons perform more than 3,000 surgical procedures per year. All these figures are evidence of the impeccable reputation of the medical facility.
Treatment of certain diseases requires a comprehensive, especially competent approach, therefore, the department runs the specialized centers: the Skin Cancer Center (certified by the German Cancer Society), in which patients are offered the very latest methods of surgical, drug treatment and follow-up, the certified Allergy Center, the Center of Excellence for Inflammatory Skin Diseases in Adults and Children.
The main clinical focuses of the department include:
- Diagnosis and treatment of allergic diseases
- Allergies to medicines
- Contact allergies
- Counseling on occupational allergic diseases
- Other services
- Diagnosis and treatment of infectious diseases accompanied by skin lesions
- Diagnosis and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases
- Diagnosis and treatment of skin cancer (in cooperation with other departments and the Cancer Center at the hospital)
- Surgical treatment of benign and malignant tumors of the skin and mucous membranes
- Removal of sentinel lymph nodes
- Surgical correction of skin defects
- Diagnosis and treatment of acne and hidradenitis suppurativa
- Diagnosis and treatment of inflammatory skin diseases
- Diagnosis and treatment of skin diseases in children
- Phototherapy for various skin diseases (UVB-311nm, UVA1 and all types of PUVA therapy)
- Diagnosis and treatment of venous diseases (phlebology)
- Treatment of chronic wounds
- Other medical services
- Study of Medicine at the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich.
- Department and Polyclinic of Dermatology, Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich.
- Doctoral dissertation defense, Doctor of Medicine, Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich.
- Medical Specialist in Dermatology and Venereology (Bavarian Medical Association).
- Research Fellow, German Research Foundation, Vienna, Austria.
- Allergologist, (Bavarian Medical Association).
- Habilitation and Venia Legendi, Chair of Immunology and Dermatology, Department of Dermatology, University Hospital in Vienna.
- Leading Senior Physician, Department of Dermatology at the University Hospital, Head of the Research Group on Allergology and Dermatology, Head of the Laboratory for Allergology and Special Dermatology, Tuebingen.
- C3 Professor (for life) in Dermatology and Venereology, Eberhard and Karl University of Tuebingen.
- Dermatohistology (regional Medical Association of Southern Württemberg).
- Laboratory Medicine (regional Medical Association of South Württemberg).
- Drug tumor therapy (regional Medical Association of Southern Württemberg).
- W3 Professor in the Chair and Head of the Department and Polyclinic of Dermatology and Allergology, TU Munich.
Main Scientific Focuses
- Dermatology and Immunology, including oncological diseases caused by immunological and allergic disorders.
Scientific Awards and Scholarships
- Scholarship for studying abroad, German academic exchange service.
- Scholarship of the European Society of Dermatological Research.
- Research Fellow of the German Research Foundation.
- 2005 Immunomodulation Research Award.
- Award for Translational Research in Dermatology.
- Alfred Marchionini Research Award.
- 2011 - 2012 President of the European Society of Dermatological Research.
- 2014 President, International Mast Cell and Basophil Meeting.
- Coordinator of the Priority Program 1394 of the German Research Foundation (Mast Cells – promoters of health and modulators of the disease), in cooperation with Prof. Maurer, Berlin (until 2017).
- 2016 President of the Meeting of the European Society for Dermatological Research, Munich.
- Since 2017, Secretary General of the German Society of Dermatology.
Department of Adult and Pediatric Dermatology, Allergology.
University Hospital Rechts der Isar Munich:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home