University Hospital Rechts der Isar Munich
Department of Adult and Pediatric Dermatology, Allergology (286)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric dermatology, allergology
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Dermatology, Allergology at the University Hospital Rechts der Isar Munich offers the full range of services in this medical field. It diagnoses and treats all skin diseases, allergic reactions, for example, psoriasis, neurodermatitis, chronic wounds and skin cancer. In addition, the department specializes in the treatment of pediatric skin diseases, phototherapy, the use of modern laser treatments, surgical treatment of pathological skin changes. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Tilo Biedermann.
The department has more than 74 beds, two state-of-the-art operating rooms and one procedure room with innovative systems for the treatment of skin diseases. The department treats about 30,000 outpatients and about 4,600 inpatients every year. The experienced surgeons perform more than 3,000 surgical procedures per year. All these figures are evidence of the impeccable reputation of the medical facility.
Treatment of certain diseases requires a comprehensive, especially competent approach, therefore, the department runs the specialized centers: the Skin Cancer Center (certified by the German Cancer Society), in which patients are offered the very latest methods of surgical, drug treatment and follow-up, the certified Allergy Center, the Center of Excellence for Inflammatory Skin Diseases in Adults and Children.
The main clinical focuses of the department include:
- Diagnostics and treatment of allergic diseases
- Anaphylactic shock
- Drug allergies (for example, allergies to analgesics, sleeping pills, contrast agents, antibiotics, anesthetics)
- Insect venom allergy
- Food allergy, pseudoallergy and histamine intolerance
- Contact allergies
- Occupational allergic diseases and hand eczema
- Eczema, including atopic eczema
- Allergic rhinitis, conjunctivitis (hay fever) and bronchial asthma
- Diagnostics and treatment of infectious skin diseases
- Diagnostics and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases
- Genital warts
- Genital herpes
- Diagnostics and treatment of skin cancer (in collaboration with other departments and the Cancer Center at the hospital)
- Surgical treatment of benign and malignant tumors of the skin and mucous membranes
- Surgical correction of skin defects
- Diagnostics and treatment of acne and hidradenitis suppurativa
- Diagnostics and treatment of inflammatory skin diseases
- Diagnostics and treatment of skin diseases in children (atopic eczema, food allergies, anaphylaxis, psoriasis, etc.)
- Diagnostics and treatment of venous diseases (phlebology)
- Varicose veins
- Spider veins (microsclerotherapy and laser therapy)
- Leg ulcers
- Superficial and deep vein thrombosis
- Diagnostics and treatment of chronic wounds
- Diagnostics and treatment of andrological problems in men
- Male infertility
- Testicular endocrine dysfunction (hypogonadism)
- Erectile dysfunction
- Male contraception
- Age-related problems in men
- Diagnostics and treatment of autoimmune diseases
- Collagenoses (systemic scleroderma, systemic lupus erythematosus, dermatomyositis)
- Bullous autoimmune dermatoses (pemphigus vulgaris, bullous pemphigoid, Duhring's disease, IgA dermatoses)
- Granulomatous skin lesions (for example, sarcoidosis)
- Behcet's disease
- Diagnostics and treatment of proctologic diseases
- Residual hemorrhoidal skin tags
- Anal fistulas and pilonidal sinus
- Anal and perianal thrombosis
- Phototherapy in various skin diseases (UVB-311nm, UVA1 and all types of PUVA therapy)
- Laser therapy
- Pathological changes in blood vessels (hemangiomas, dilated capillaries, spider veins, vascular nevi)
- Benign neoplasms (for example, warts, xanthelasmas)
- Nail fungus
- Scars and wrinkles
- Pigment spots
- Tattoo removal
- Unwanted hair removal
- Cosmetic dermatology
- Сouperosis, telangiectasias, hemangiomas
- Hair growth disorders (pathology of hair follicles, hypertrichosis)
- Wrinkles (correction using botulinum toxin, hyaluronic acid)
- Soft tissue defects (correction using hyaluronic acid and other biological fillers)
- Micrographically controlled removal of skin epithelial tumors (basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma), Merkel cell carcinoma, angiosarcomas
- Resection of melanocytic neoplasms (malignant melanoma, malignant lentigo)
- Removal of sentinel lymph nodes in melanoma, squamous cell carcinoma and Merkel-cell carcinoma
- Wound healing using local flap surgery or skin transplantation
- Vermillionectomy in lip inflammation
- Surgical removal of benign changes in the skin and subcutaneous adipose tissue (melanocytic nevi, fibromas, lipomas, cysts)
- Nail bed interventions
- Multistage resections of congenital nevi
- Venous surgery
- Interventions in lower limb ulceration
- Surgical treatment of acneiform rash
- Surgical treatment of axillary hyperhidrosis
- Surgical treatment of rhinophyma
- Aesthetic interventions (blepharoplasty, scar revision)
- Percutaneous needle fasciotomy in Dupuytren's disease
- X-ray therapy (for example, in Dupuytren's disease, Ledderhose's disease, basal-cell carcinoma)
- Other medical services
- Study of Medicine at the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich.
- Department and Polyclinic of Dermatology, Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich.
- Doctoral dissertation defense, Doctor of Medicine, Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich.
- Medical Specialist in Dermatology and Venereology (Bavarian Medical Association).
- Research Fellow, German Research Foundation, Vienna, Austria.
- Allergologist, (Bavarian Medical Association).
- Habilitation and Venia Legendi, Chair of Immunology and Dermatology, Department of Dermatology, University Hospital in Vienna.
- Leading Senior Physician, Department of Dermatology at the University Hospital, Head of the Research Group on Allergology and Dermatology, Head of the Laboratory for Allergology and Special Dermatology, Tuebingen.
- C3 Professor (for life) in Dermatology and Venereology, Eberhard and Karl University of Tuebingen.
- Dermatohistology (regional Medical Association of Southern Württemberg).
- Laboratory Medicine (regional Medical Association of South Württemberg).
- Drug tumor therapy (regional Medical Association of Southern Württemberg).
- W3 Professor in the Chair and Head of the Department and Polyclinic of Dermatology and Allergology, TU Munich.
Main Scientific Focuses
- Dermatology and Immunology, including oncological diseases caused by immunological and allergic disorders.
Scientific Awards and Scholarships
- Scholarship for studying abroad, German academic exchange service.
- Scholarship of the European Society of Dermatological Research.
- Research Fellow of the German Research Foundation.
- 2005 Immunomodulation Research Award.
- Award for Translational Research in Dermatology.
- Alfred Marchionini Research Award.
- 2011 - 2012 President of the European Society of Dermatological Research.
- 2014 President, International Mast Cell and Basophil Meeting.
- Coordinator of the Priority Program 1394 of the German Research Foundation (Mast Cells – promoters of health and modulators of the disease), in cooperation with Prof. Maurer, Berlin (until 2017).
- 2016 President of the Meeting of the European Society for Dermatological Research, Munich.
- Since 2017, Secretary General of the German Society of Dermatology.
Department of Adult and Pediatric Dermatology, Allergology.
University Hospital Rechts der Isar Munich:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home