Surgical treatment of orbital rhabdomyosarcoma (program ID: 127223)
University Hospital Rechts der Isar Munich
Klaus Dietrich WolffSpecialized in: oral and maxillofacial surgery
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- clinical history taking
- physical examination
- review of medical records
- laboratory tests:
- complete blood count
- general urine analysis
- biochemical analysis of blood
- TSH-basal, fT3, fT4
- tumor markers
- indicators of inflammation
- indicators blood coagulation
- orbital ultrasound
- CT/MRI/x-ray scan of the head and orbit
- preoperative care
- resection of the tumor
- histologically and immunohistochemically examination of the remote tissues
- symptomatic treatment
- control examinations
- the cost of essential medicines and materials
- nursing services
- full hospital accommodation in 2 bedded room
- explanation of future recommendations
You may also book
About the department
The Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the University Hospital Rechts der Isar Munich offers the full range of services in this medical field. The main clinical focuses of the department include the treatment of cleft lip and palate, tumors, reconstructive surgery, facial aesthetic surgery and dental implantology. The department has 24 beds, three state-of-the-art operating rooms and a large outpatient clinic with additional treatment rooms. With the latest technology available in medicine today, the doctors of the department annually serve 1,900 inpatients and about 20,000 outpatients. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Klaus Dietrich Wolff, who has developed innovative microvascular tissue transplantation techniques in the field of surgical oncology and reconstructive facial surgery. Also, he is the author of recommendations for the treatment of oral cancer at the national and international levels, the President of the European Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
A highly qualified team of physicians, consisting of the chief physician, the visiting surgeon in the field of dental surgery and implantology (Prof. Dr. med. Herbert Deppe), four experienced senior doctors, three functional doctors and 12 assistant physicians, work hand in hand to provide patients with a comprehensive treatment, and guarantee a good result even in the complex clinical cases. The modern medical equipment of the department is also contributing to the high quality medical care: laser devices of the latest generation, CADCAM 3D printers for developing individual implants during surgery planning, high resolution microscopes, state-of-the-art digital volumetric tomography unit for three-dimensional imaging, etc.
In addition, the department is one of the few in Europe that offers nasoalveolar molding (NAM) for the treatment of cleft lip and palate. This technique helps to narrow the cleft lip and palate even before surgery, facilitates the operation, improves the functional and aesthetic result and often helps the patient to avoid repeated surgeries.
The service range of the department includes:
- Treatment of oral and maxillofacial cancers
- Plastic reconstructive surgery (most often after interventions to treat cancer, developmental defects and injuries)
- Treatment of cleft lip, jaw and palate
- Correction of abnormal occlusion (dysgnathia)
- Medical care in case of oral and maxillofacial injuries (round the clock)
- Aesthetic surgery (eyelid surgery, facelift, aesthetic nose surgery (rhinoplasty) and other services in this field)
- Installation of dental implants
- Temporomandibular joint surgery
- Treatment of jaw bone necrosis
- Other medical services
- 1978 - 1985 Study of Medicine at the Free University of Berlin, state examination.
- 1984 Admission to medical practice.
- 1982 - 1987 Study of Dentistry at the Free University of Berlin, state examination.
- 1987 Admission to medical practice.
- 1985 - 1987 Fellow of the Institute of Anatomy at the Free University of Berlin, Department of Neuroanatomy (Prof. Dr. med. H.-J. Gatzke).
- 1987 - 1992 Internship as a Fellow in the Department of Maxillofacial Surgery and Facial Plastic Surgery (Head: Prof. Dr. med. R. Stellmach).
- 1993 Leading Senior Physician of the Department of Maxillofacial Surgery and Facial Plastic Surgery at the University Hospital Steglitz (Head: Prof. Dr. Dr. B. Hoffmeister).
- 1994 Habilitation. Subject: "Alternative microvascular grafts to close defects during interventions in the maxillofacial area" (anatomical and experimental studies, clinical results were awarded with the Martin Wassmund Prize).
- 1996 Additional specialization in Plastic Surgery.
- 1999 Visiting Professor of the Free University of Berlin.
- 2000 Invitation to the post in the Department of Maxillofacial Surgery, Academic Hospital of the Ruhr University Bochum (Knappschaftskrankenhaus Bochum-Langendreer), Successor to Prof. Dr. Dr. E. Machtens).
- 2003 Medical Director of the Academic Hospital Knappschaftskrankenhaus.
- 2006 Invitation to the Technical University of Munich.
- Since 2007, Head of the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the University Hospital Rechts der Isar Munich (Successor to Prof. Dr. Dr. H.-H. Horch).
Photo of the doctor: (c) Klinikum rechts der Isar der Technischen Universität München
Accommodation in hospital
- Program [Description]
Surgical treatment of orbital rhabdomyosarcoma
- Hospital: University Hospital Rechts der Isar Munich
- access_time Duration:
There are 29 orbital rhabdomyosarcoma treatment hospitals on Booking Health websiteShow all clinics