Conservative treatment of ulcerative colitis with endoscopic method (program ID: 179109)
University Hospital Rechts der Isar Munich
Roland M. SchmidSpecialized in: gastroenterology, endocrinology
Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, Endocrinology, Diabetology and Infectology
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- clinical history taking
- review of medical records
- physical examination
- laboratory tests:
- complete blood count
- biochemical analysis of blood
- inflammation indicators
- indicators blood coagulation
- abdominal ultrasound
- colonoscopy, sigmoidoscopy with biopsy
- conservative treatment with:
- anti-inflammatory agents such as 5-ASA
- systemic corticosteroids
- topical corticosteroids
- symptomatic treatment
- control examinations
- cost of essential medicines and materials
- nursing services
- full hospital accommodation
- explanation of future recommendations
You may also book
About the department
The Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, Endocrinology, Diabetology and Infectology at the University Hospital Rechts der Isar Munich offers the full range of services in these medical fields. The specialists of the department have a unique experience in treatment of liver, bile duct and pancreatic diseases, cancers, as well as in the field of complex endoscopic interventions. The department has long traditions in conducting patient-oriented clinical trials, and therefore successfully integrates modern scientific advances into everyday clinical practice. If desired, patients can participate in clinical trials benefiting from the use of the innovative therapeutic procedures. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Roland M. Schmid.
The department treats more than 5,000 inpatients and about 15,000 outpatients every year. In the field of diagnostics, various modern endoscopic and sonographic (ultrasound) examinations are offered here, as well as all relevant gastroenterological and endocrinological functional studies.
The research activities focus on fundamental research on the molecular basis of the pathogenesis of diseases of the gastrointestinal organs. Particular attention is paid to the study of cancer development, acute and chronic inflammatory diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
The main clinical focuses of the department include:
- General gastroenterology: diagnostics, conservative therapy and prevention of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract
- Gastrointestinal oncology: diagnostics, treatment and follow-up of patients with gastrointestinal cancers
- Hepatology: diagnostics and treatment of chronic viral hepatitis, metabolic and autoimmune disorders of the liver and bile ducts, cirrhosis
- Endocrinology: diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the pituitary gland, adrenal glands, thyroid, parathyroid glands, gonads (ovaries and testes), as well as lipid metabolism disorders, metabolic bone disorders, rare neuroendocrine tumors
- Diabetology: diagnostics and treatment of diabetes mellitus, gestational diabetes, pancreatic diseases, metabolic syndrome
- Infectology: diagnostics and treatment of patients with diseases caused by bacterial, viral and parasitic agents, fungi, HIV infection and other immune system dysfunctions
- Internal intensive care: the focus is on the treatment of multiple organ failure, especially in the fields of gastroenterology, hepatology and infectious diseases (sepsis)
- Since 2002, C4 Professor, Internal Medicine, specialization: gastroenterology, hepatology and endocrinology, Technical University of Munich, Department of Internal Medicine II at the University Hospital Rechts der Isar Munich.
- 1997 - 2002 Leading Senior Physician, Department of Internal Medicine I, University Hospital Ulm.
- 1993 - 1997 Assistant Physician, Department of Internal Medicine I, University Hospital Ulm.
- 1986 - 1989 Research Assistant, Department of Internal Medicine II at the University Hospital Rechts der Isar Munich.
- 2001 Visiting Professor.
- 2000 Appointed as an Assistant University Professor, Department of Internal Medicine I.
- 1996 Medical Specialist in Internal Medicine.
- 1995 PD, Medical Faculty, University of Ulm.
- 1995 Habilitation in Internal Medicine, Medical Faculty of the University of Ulm. Subject: "Purification, cloning and characterization of transcription factor NF-KB".
- 1987 Doctor’s degree (Doctor of Medicine), University of Ulm. Subject: "Influence of glucose, insulin and opiates on neuroendocrine regulation of the stomach" (summa cum laude).
- 1979 - 1985 Study of Medicine at the University of Ulm.
Awards and Honors
- 2008 Heinz Maier Leibnitz Medal, Technical University of Munich.
- 2005 Editorial Board, World Journal of Gastroenterology.
- 2004 Editorial Board, DIGESTION.
- 2002 Council of the International Association of Pancreatologists.
- 2002 Editorial Board, Gastroenterology.
- 2001 Merckle Research Award, University of Ulm.
- 1998 Ludwig Heilmeyer Medal (silver), German Society for the Advances in Internal Medicine, Cologne.
- 1986 Wolf Boas Prize, German Society for Gastroenterologic and Metabolic Diseases, Salzburg.
- German Society of Internal Medicine.
- German Society for the Advances in Internal Medicine.
- The German Society for Gastroenterologic and Metabolic Diseases.
- Association of Bavarian Therapists.
- German Cancer Society.
- German Society of Immunology.
- Working Group of Gastroenterologists.
- German Pancreas Club.
- Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology.
- European Pancreas Club.
- International Association of Pancreatology.
- American Gastroenterological Association.
- American Society of Clinical Oncology.
- American Association of Cancer Research.
- American Pancreatic Association.
- American College of Physicians.
Accommodation in hospital
- Program [Description]
Conservative treatment of ulcerative colitis with endoscopic method
- Hospital: University Hospital Rechts der Isar Munich
- access_time Duration:
There are 92 ulcerative colitis treatment hospitals on Booking Health websiteShow all clinics