Angioplasty with stenting in aneurysm of a renal artery (program ID: 407350)
University Hospital Saarland Homburg
Wolfgang ReithSpecialized in: diagnostic and interventional neuroradiology
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Neuroradiology
The program includes:
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- clinical history taking
- review of medical records
- physical examination
- laboratory tests:
- complete blood count
- biochemical analysis of blood
- Lipid metabolism (HDL/LDL, cholesterol,
triglycerides Lip(a), homocysteine)
- blood coagulation analysis (aPTT, PT, INR)
- inflammation indicators (CRP, ESR)
- metabolic status (uric acid, total glucose, HbA1c)
- cardiovascular disease risk markers
- kidney function test (creatinine, urea)
- color doppler echocardiography
- color doppler sonography of renal arteries
- duplex renal arteries
- CT/ MRI-angiography of renal arteries
- preoperative care
- angioplasty of renal artery with implantation of stents (max. 2)
- symptomatic treatment
- control examinations
- the cost of essential medicines and materials
- nursing services
- full hospital accommodation
- developing of further guidance
- Medical records
- Doppler ultrasonography / duplex scanning of the renal arteries (if available)
- MRI/CT scan of the abdomen and pelvis (if available)
- Renal angiogram (if available)
You may also book:
About the department
The Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Neuroradiology at the University Hospital Saarland offers the full range of services in this medical field. Of particular interest are interventional procedures for the treatment of acute and chronic vascular diseases, such as ischemic strokes, cerebral hemorrhages, cerebral artery stenosis or vascular malformations. To ensure comprehensive medical care, there is maintained close cooperation with the Departments of Neurology and Neurosurgery. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Wolfgang Reith.
The service range of the department includes all diagnostic and therapeutic methods of modern neuroradiology:
- Digital subtraction angiography
- Diagnostic angiography
- Mechanical recanalization in acute stroke
- Interventional treatment of vascular stenoses
- Interventional treatment of aneurysms
- Interventional treatment of vascular malformations
- Magnetic resonance imaging
- Cranial and spinal MRI, MR angiography, including special subsequent procedures
- Fetal MRI
- Computed tomography
- Cranial and spinal CT scans
- CT-guided pain therapy (facet joint infiltration, sacroiliac joint infiltration, periradicular therapy)
- CT-guided puncture
- Conventional radiography
- X-ray examinations of the spine
- X-ray guided examinations
- Other diagnostic and therapeutic services
- 1983 - 1984 Study of Medicine at the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich.
- 1985 Preliminary medical examination.
- 1986 1st State Exam.
- 1988 2nd State Exam.
- 1989 3rd State Exam.
- 2/1990 - 7/1991 Intern, Department of Neurology, University Hospital Heidelberg (Head: Prof. Dr. med. W. Hacke).
- 8/1991 - 12/1991 Fellow of the Department of Neurology, University Hospital Heidelberg (Head: Prof. Dr. med. W. Hacke).
- 1992 - 1997 Fellow, Neuroradiology, University Hospital Heidelberg (Head: Prof. Dr. med. Sartor).
- 7/1993 - 2/1994 Scientific internship in the USA, Medical School of Central Massachusetts, Worcester, USA.
- 1/1995 - 6/1995 Assistant Physician, focuses: Radiology and Oncology, German Cancer Research Center Heidelberg (Head: Prof. Dr. van Kaick).
- 7/1995 - 7/1996 Assistant Physician, Department of Radiology, University Hospital Heidelberg (Head: Prof. Dr. med. Kaufmann).
- 12/1991 PhD defense. Subject: "CO2 reactivity of the middle cerebral artery in carotid artery obstruction."
- 12/1996 Medical Specialist in Diagnostic Radiology.
- 10/1997 Habilitation. Subject: "Perfusion and diffusion-weighted magnetic resonance imaging in early diagnosis of acute stroke".
- 1/1998 - 12/1999 Senior Physician of the Department of Neuroradiology, University Hospital Aachen (Head: Prof. Dr. A. Thron).
- 2/2000 Head of the Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Neuroradiology, University Hospital Saarland, Homburg.
- Since 2000 Co-editor of the journal "Radiologist", Springer-Verlag.
- Since 2003 Member of the Extended Council of the German Society for Neuroradiology.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Universitätsklinikum des Saarlandes