University Hospital Tuebingen
Department of Pediatrics (113923)
Specialized in: pediatrics
The objective of the Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine at the University Hospital Tubingen is to treat various pediatric diseases, disorders and developmental defects. The Department includes five areas of pediatrics and meets the highest level (Level 1) of equipment and service quality of the Joint Federal Committee for Pediatric Hematology, Stem Cell Transplantation and Neonatology. The medical director of the Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine at the University Hospital Tubingen is Prof. Dr. med. Rupert Handgretinger.
On behalf of the state Baden-Württemberg, it is recognized as a Perinatology Center, Center for Social Pediatrics and Social Medical Aftercare. According to the Focus magazine rating of 2017, the Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine at the University Hospital Tubingen ranks among the top German departments specializing in diabetes treatment!
The Department of Pediatrics at the University Hospital Tubingen under the direction of Prof. Dr. med. Rupert Handgretinger focuses on the following areas:
- Pediatrics I: general pediatrics, hematology and oncology
- Pediatrics II: pediatric cardiology, intensive care and pulmonology
- Pediatrics III: neuropediatrics, developmental neurology, social paediatrics
- Pediatrics IV: neonatology and neonatal intensive care
- Department of Pediatric Surgery: newborn surgery and malformation surgery, pediatric urology, tumor surgery and trauma surgery
- Tuebingen, Germany