University Hospital Tuebingen
Department of Adult and Pediatric Otolaryngology (113925)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric otolaryngology
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Otolaryngology and University Hospital Tuebingen belongs to the largest Otolaryngology Centers in Europe. The department offers the full range of diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the ear, nose and throat. The special areas of specialization are head and neck tumor surgery using microsurgical methods of plastic reconstruction, interdisciplinary skull base surgery, cochlear implantation, etc. The department has an impeccable reputation in pediatric otolaryngology. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Hubert Löwenheim.
The department is the largest center for the treatment of head and neck tumors in Germany. In addition, the department is the first center in Germany, which is certified by the independent OnkoZert GmbH on behalf of the German Cancer Society (DKG). This means, that the department's specialists offer vast experience and advanced treatment options. The treatment regimens are developed within the weekly tumor boards. The department provides treatment for all types of head and neck tumors. These include cancer of the larynx, pharynx, mouth, face, salivary glands, nose, and paranasal sinuses, etc. After the surgical removal of the tumor, the possible aesthetic defects are successfully eliminated using the microsurgical techniques. For this purpose, the doctors of the department have in their arsenal the full range of modern plastic surgery.
Special attention is paid to the diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the ear, nose and throat in children of all age groups. A unique feature of the department is a Molecular Genetic Laboratory for genetic researches in hearing impairment in early childhood. The department has the full range of special hearing examinations in children. In addition, the department also offers the comprehensive medical care for children and adolescents with impaired speech, hearing, voice, acquired speech defects, swallowing, articulation disorders, etc.
The diagnostic and therapeutic range of the department:
- Diagnostics and treatment of all diseases of the ear, nose and throat
- Surgical treatment of head and neck tumors
- Laryngeal cancer
- Throat cancer
- Cancer of the tongue and oral cavity
- Facial tumors (for example, spinalioma)
- Salivary gland tumors (for example, parotid salivary gland cancer)
- Nasal and paranasal sinus tumors (for example, cancer of the upper jaw)
- Skull base tumors
- Ear tumors (for example, tumors of the temporal bone pyramid)
- Cerebellopontine angle tumors
- Neck tumors (for example, thyroid cancer)
- Other types of cancer
- Skull base surgery
- Cochlear implantation
- Surgical navigation
- Center for Hearing Aids Implantation
- Hearing and speech disorders in children (pediatric otolaryngology)
- Laser surgery
- Plastic surgery
- Reconstructive interventions
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Communicative disorders
- Diagnostics and treatment of other diseases and pathologies of the ear, nose and throat
- Study of Medicine at the University of Frankfurt.
- 1995 PhD thesis defense.
- Internship in the Department of Otolaryngology at the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Harvard University, Boston, USA.
- Scientific internships at the University of Virginia (Charlottesville, USA) and the University of Washington (Seattle, USA).
- Doctoral thesis defense in Regenerative Hearing at the University of Tuebingen.
- Leader of the Working Group on Molecular Otology, Hearing Research Center of the University of Tubingen.
- 11/2014 Invitation to the position of Professor of Otolaryngology, Medical Faculty of Internal Medicine and Healthcare Disciplines, University of Oldenburg.
- Medical Director of the University Hospital of Otolaryngology at the Evangelical Hospital Oldenburg.
- Since 10/2016, Medical Director in the Department of Adult and Pediatric Otolaryngology at the University Hospital Tuebingen.
Department of Adult and Pediatric Otolaryngology.
University Hospital Tuebingen:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home