University Hospital Tuebingen
Department of Urology (113937)
Specialized in: urology
About the Department of Urology at University Hospital Tuebingen
According to the Focus magazine, the Department of Urology at the University Hospital Tuebingen is included in the ranking of the top German departments for prostate cancer treatment!
The department offers the full range of diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the kidneys, bladder and urinary tract, male genital organs. The department has advanced experience in urologic surgery and is one of the most reputable medical institutions specializing in the treatment of benign and malignant prostate diseases. In 2009, the department was certified by the German Cancer Society as the Prostate Cancer Center.The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Arnulf Stenzl.
The service range of the department includes:
- Diagnostics and treatment of prostate cancer
- Prostate-specific antigen test
- Preventive examination, including digital rectal examination of the prostate, PSA test, as well as transrectal prostate ultrasound
- Magnetic resonance imaging
- Specialized ultrasound examinations
- Robot-assisted prostate biopsy
- Conservative treatment methods (drug therapy)
- Radical prostatectomy (open, laparoscopic method, as well as intervention using a da Vinci robot)
- Diagnostics and treatment of various problems of the male sexual sphere (andrology)
- Varicose veins of the testicle (varicocele)
- Congenital or acquired penile curvature
- Fertility problems
- Erectile dysfunction and ejaculation
- Genital inflammation in men
- Male sex hormone imbalance
- Diagnostics and treatment of bladder tumors
- Ultrasound and X-ray examinations
- Photodynamic diagnostics
- Surgical removal of bladder tumors (laparoscopic and open method)
- Diagnostics and treatment of kidney tumors (benign and malignant)
- Computed tomography (CT)
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Lung and thoracic CT to identify or eliminate lung metastases, as well as to plan anesthesia
- Skeleton scintigraphy for detecting bone metastases
- Nephrectomy (kidney removal) using laparoscopic and open method
- Partial kidney removal using laparoscopic and open methods
- Drug and surgical treatment of metastases
- Diagnostics and treatment of testicular cancer
- Reconstructive urology and neurourology
- Treatment of cicatricial contractions of the urinary tract (strictures) or fistulas
- Urethral dilatation using cheek mucosa grafts
- Functional muscle transfer to the bladder walls (Latissimus Dorsi Detrusor surgical method in the treatment of urination disorders)
- Treatment of urinary incontinence (for example, sacral neuromodulation, artificial sphincter implantation, penile prosthetics)
- Sex reassignment surgery
- Other diseases and treatment methods
Curriculum vitae of Prof. Dr. med. Arnulf Stenzl
Education and Professional Career
- 01.10.1973 - 31.01.1980 Study of Medicine, Karl and Franz University of Graz.
- 15.02.1980 Doctoral dissertation defense.
- 01.06.1980 - 31.12.1980 Department of Internal Medicine I, Klagenfurt Hospital.
- 01.01.1981 - 31.05.1981 Department of Internal Medicine II, Klagenfurt Hospital.
- 01.06.1981 - 31.03.1983 Assistant, Institute of Pathology and Anatomy, Karl and Franz University of Graz.
- 01.04.1983 - 31.06.1987 Assistant, Department of Surgery, University Hospital Graz.
- 01.04.1983 - 31.10.1984 Rotation, Department of General, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Traumatology, Plastic and Experimental Surgery.
- 01.11.1984 - 31.06.1987 Assistant, Department of Urology (Head: Prof. Dr. med. G. Humber), training for the title of a Medical Specialist in Urology.
- 01.07.1987 - 31.06.1988 Resident (Fellow, General Urology), Department of Urology, University of California, Los Angeles, USA.
- 01.07.1988 - 31.06.1989 Fellow (Urological Oncology), Section of Urology, Department of Surgery, University of California, Los Angeles, USA.
- Since 01.07.1989, Return to Austria as a Medical Specialist in Urology, registered in the list of doctors of the Austrian Medical Association.
- 01.09.1989 - 31.08.1990 Department of Urology, University Hospital Graz.
- 01.08.1990 - 01.09.1992 Senior Physician, Department of Urology, University Hospital Inselspital, Bern, Switzerland.
- 04.11.1992 - 31.03.2002 Senior Physician and Deputy Head of the Department of Urology, University Hospital Innsbruck.
- Since 01.04.2002, Head of the Department of Urology at the University Hospital Tuebingen.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Universitätsklinikum Tübingen
Department of Urology.
University Hospital Tuebingen:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.