University Hospital Tuebingen
Department of Adult and Pediatric Oral, Maxillofacial Surgery (113945)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric oral, maxillofacial surgery
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Oral, Maxillofacial Surgery at the University Hospital Tuebingen offers the full range of services in this medical field. The main fields of the department's specialization include the prevention and treatment of dental and periodontal pathologies, diseases and defects of the oral, maxillofacial area, implantology and orthodontics in adults and children. One of the priorities is the treatment of malignant tumors. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. Dr. med. Siegmar Reinert.
The high level of qualification of the department's maxillofacial surgeons and the unique technical equipment give them the opportunity to apply the very latest methods of examination and surgical treatment, predict the outcome of the intervention as accurately as possible, including the aesthetic aspect.
The service range of the department includes:
- Diagnostics and surgical treatment of diseases and defects of the oral, maxillofacial area
- Correction of cleft lip and palate
- Craniofacial malformations
- Plastic and reconstructive facial surgery
- Maxillofacial injuries
- Orthognathic surgery (correction of the jaw position, restoration of the functionality and aesthetics of the face)
- Temporomandibular joint surgery
- Dentoalveolar surgery
- Dental prosthetics
- Partial restoration (metal free ceramics)
- Functional and aesthetic correction
- Installation of partial or full prostheses, double crowns, telescopic prostheses
- Implants (instead of installation of removable dentures or for the improvement of the fit of removable dentures)
- Muscular dysfunction of the head, neck, and shoulders, temporomandibular joint.
- Prevention and treatment of diseases of the teeth and periodontal
- Developmental defects of teeth and jaw
- Implantation of special replacement structures after tooth loss
- Dysgnathia treatment
- Installation of "invisible" braces
- Installation of the palatal plate in cleft lip and palate
- Installation of special plates for the maintenance of normal breathing in Pierre Robin sequence, obstructive sleep apnea
- Treatment of temporomandibular joint diseases
- Other medical services
- 1975 - 1981 Study of Dentistry in Bonn.
- 1978 - 1983 Study of Medicine in Bonn and Cologne.
- 30.01.1984 - 01.01.1986 Assistant Physician, Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Bundeswehr Hospital Hamburg.
- 02.01.1986 - 31.12.1988 Assistant Physician, Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University Hospital Duesseldorf.
- 20.04.1988 Medical Specialist in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
- 01.01.1989 - 28.02.1995 Senior Physician in the Department of Oral, Maxillofacial Surgery and Facial Plastic Surgery, University Hospital Duesseldorf.
- 16.10.1990 Additional qualification in Plastic Surgery.
- 01.03.1995 Senior Physician.
- 01.01.1996 - 14.04.1998 Leading Senior Physician, Department of Oral, Maxillofacial Surgery and Facial Plastic Surgery, University Hospital of the Ruhr University of Bochum.
- Since 15.04.1998, Head of the Department of Adult and Pediatric Oral, Maxillofacial Surgery at the University Hospital Tuebingen.
- 1983 Doctoral thesis defense, Dentist, University of Bonn.
- 1988 Doctoral thesis defense, Doctor of Medicine, University of Hamburg.
- 1993 Habilitation and Venia Legendi in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Heinrich Heine University of Duesseldorf.
- 15.04.1998 Invitation to the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Eberhard Karls University of Tuebingen.
- Since 20.06.2004, Board Member of the German Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
- 2004 - 2006 First Chairman of the Association of University Teachers in Odontology.
- Since 01.10.2007, Dean of the Faculty of Dentistry at the Eberhard Karls University of Tuebingen.
- 2006 - 2008 Vice President of the German Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
- 2008 - 2012 President of the German Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
- 2010 - 2016 Board Member of the Medical Faculty, Eberhard Karls University of Tuebingen.
- Since 2010, Member of the Ethical Committee of the Medical Faculty at the Eberhard Karls University of Tuebingen.
- Since 2012, Secretary of the Interdisciplinary Working Group on Cleft Lip and Palate/Craniofacial Anomalies.
Main Clinical and Research Focuses
- Plastic and reconstructive surgery, in particular microsurgical tissue grafting for the restoration of hard and soft tissues in the facial area.
- Surgery in craniofacial anomalies, primarily cleft lip and palate, rhinoplasty.
- Endoscopic surgery, ultrasound diagnostics, including the color duplex ultrasound scan.
- 1 monograph, 15 chapters in the books, more than 200 publications.
Lectures and Scientific Poster Presentations
- More than 250 scientific lectures and scientific reports for advanced training.
Membership in Scientific Societies and Organizations
- German Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
- British Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
- Skull Base Surgery Society.
- German Society for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
- German-Austrian-Swiss Working Group on Oral and Maxillofacial Tumors.
- Interdisciplinary Working Group on Cleft Lip and Palate/Craniofacial Anomalies.
- German Society of Ultrasound in Medicine.
- German Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
- Association of University Teachers for Dentistry, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (VHZMK).
Photo of the doctor: (c) Universitätsklinikum Tübingen
Department of Adult and Pediatric Oral, Maxillofacial Surgery.
University Hospital Tuebingen:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.