University Hospital Tuebingen
Department of Nuclear Medicine and Clinical Imaging Diagnostics (284499)
Christian la Fougère
Specialized in: nuclear medicine, clinical imaging diagnostics
About the department
The Department of Nuclear Medicine and Clinical Imaging Diagnostics at the University Hospital Tuebingen offers the full range of radioisotope diagnostics and treatment of various diseases. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Christian la Fougère.
Both classical diagnostic methods, for example, scintigraphy, SPECT and innovative hybrid techniques, for example, PET-CT, PET-MRT, SPECT-CT are available in the department, which allow to detect metabolic changes at the early stages of various diseases, as well as their localization in the human body. In addition, the department's doctors specialize in radiotherapy for the treatment of oncopathologies.
The diagnostic range of the department covers:
- Osteoscintigraphy (skeleton scintigraphy)
- Thyroid scintigraphy
- Preoperative marking of the sentinel lymph nodes
- Renal scintigraphy
- Scintigraphy in inflammatory processes
- Ventilation/perfusion lung scintigraphy
- Myocardial scintigraphy
- Brain scintigraphy (DaTSCAN)
- Liver scintigraphy
- Parathyroid scintigraphy
- Scintigraphy for the determination of the degree of gastric emptying
- Scintigraphy for the determination of the hemorrhage source
- Thyroid diagnostics (within the specialized outpatient clinic)
- Ultrasound examinations
- Fine-needle aspiration biopsy
- Other diagnostic methods
The therapeutic options of the department:
- Radiation therapy for the treatment of benign and malignant diseases of the thyroid gland
- Selective internal radiation therapy for the treatment of liver tumors and metastases
- Peptide receptor radionuclide therapy for the treatment of malignant neuroendocrine tumors
- Lu-177 PSMA radionuclide therapy for the treatment of prostate cancer and its metastases
- Therapy for the treatment of prostate cancer and metastasis
- MIBG therapy for the treatment of neuroendocrine tumors
- Samarium radiation therapy for the treatment of certain forms of bone cancer
- Other types of radiation therapy
- 2017 and up to now, Deputy Managing Director, Department of Radiology, University Hospital Tuebingen.
- 2013 and up to now, Full Professor and Director, Department of Nuclear Medicine and Clinical Imaging Diagnostics, University Hospital Tuebingen.
- 2010 Associate Professor of Nuclear Medicine, Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich.
- 2009 - 2013 Chief of the Section of Neurological and Neuro-Oncological Imaging, Department of Nuclear Medicine, Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich.
- 2008 - 2009 Research Fellow, Brain Imaging Centre, Montréal Neurological Institute, McGill-University, Canada.
- 2003 Doctor of Medicine, Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich.
- 2002 - 2008 Resident, Department of Nuclear Medicine, Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich.
- 2002 German Medical License, Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich.
- 2001 - 2002 Elective, Department of Internal Medicine, Hôpital Européen Georges Pompidou, University of Paris, and at the Departments of Surgery and Radiology, Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich.
Scholarships, Awards and Administrative Functions
- 2018 Executive Board Member, German Society of Nuclear Medicine (DGN).
- 2017 Program Chair, German Nuclear Imaging Congress.
- 2016 Spokesman, Committee on Multi-Center-Trials of the German Society of Nuclear Medicine (DGN).
- 2015 Board Member, Comprehensive Cancer Center Tuebingen-Stuttgart.
- 2015 Member, Editorial Board of the Nuclear Medicine Journal.
- 2015 Member, Editorial Board, Der Nukelarmediziner.
- 2011 Committee Member, Neuro-Nuclear Medicine Board of the German Society of Nuclear Medicine.
- 2008 - 2009 Scholarship from German Research Foundation (DFG).
- 2008 Scholarship from the Bavarian Research Alliance (Bayerische Forschungsallianz).
- 2005 Scholarship from Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Universitätsklinikum Tübingen
Department of Nuclear Medicine and Clinical Imaging Diagnostics.
University Hospital Tuebingen:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.