University Hospital Tuebingen
Department of Adult and Pediatric Diagnostic, Interventional Neuroradiology (562002)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric diagnostic, interventional neuroradiology
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Diagnostic, Interventional Neuroradiology at the University Hospital Tuebingen offers the full range of imaging diagnostics and minimally invasive treatment of diseases of the skull and brain, spine and spinal cord in patients of all age groups. All studies are carried out using the state-of-art computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging, angiography, sonography, and digital X-ray. For the provision of the optimal medical care, there is maintained close cooperation with the specialists from related fields. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Ulrike Ernemann.
The department has outstanding experience and expertise in the treatment of cerebral artery stenosis and minimally invasive treatment of aneurysms and vascular malformations. Also, the imaging functional diagnostics of the brain is one of the best methods for an accurate detection of brain tumors.
The main clinical focuses of the department include:
- Imaging diagnostics
- Cerebrovascular sonography
- Digital X-ray examinations
- Computed tomography (CT) of the skull, brain, neck and spinal vessels
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) of the skull, brain, spine and spinal cord
- Angiography of the brain and spinal cord
- Interventional therapy
- Minimally invasive pain therapy in back pains
- Treatment of extra- and intracranial vascular stenosis using stent implantation
- Aneurysm embolization (coiling)
- Embolization in intracranial and spinal vascular malformations
- Embolization for the treatment of head and neck tumors
- Percutaneous sclerotherapy in vascular malformations of the skull and face
- Other diagnostic and therapeutic methods
Photo of the doctor: (c) Universitätsklinikum Tübingen
Department of Adult and Pediatric Diagnostic, Interventional Neuroradiology.
University Hospital Tuebingen:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.