University Hospital Tuebingen
Department of Pediatric Neurology and Developmental Disorders (562044)
Specialized in: pediatric neurology, developmental disorders
About the department
The Department of Pediatric Neurology and Developmental Disorders at the University Hospital Tuebingen offers the diagnostics and treatment for children and adolescents of all age groups with acute and chronic diseases. The department specializes in the treatment of neurological diseases, developmental disorders, diabetes mellitus in children and pediatric diseases of a general nature. Thanks to the collaboration with other Pediatric Centers and the ongoing development of new techniques, the department provides the highest treatment standards. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Ingeborg Krägeloh-Mann.
The treatment of pediatric neurological diseases is one of the department’s priorities. These include acute neurological conditions, epilepsy and other paroxysmal conditions (syncope, tic disorders, affective convulsions, etc.), hydrocephalus, brain tumors, brain and peripheral nerve inflammation, phacomatosis (tuberous sclerosis complex), etc. In addition, there are special outpatient consultations for such problems as resistant forms of epilepsy, spina bifida, neurofibromatosis, skull and face malformations. Within the specialized EEG Laboratory of the department, there are conducted all types of EEG and other examinations (for example, polygraphy, polysomnography, etc.) required for the accurate diagnostics of neurological complaints.
Another key focus of the department is the treatment of children and adolescents with impaired motor, speech or mental development and chronic neurological diseases. The department’s specialists have at their command the very latest achievements in the treatment of various neurodegenerative diseases, neuromuscular diseases, brain lesions, autistic disorders, etc. There is offered special outpatient counseling on issues, such as muscular diseases and neuropathies, botulinum toxin therapy, neuro-orthopedic treatment, etc.
The diagnostic and therapeutic range of the department:
- Neurological diseases
- Acute neurological disorders
- Epilepsy and other paroxysmal conditions (syncope, tic disorders, seizures, etc.)
- Brain tumors
- Brain and peripheral nerve inflammation
- Phakomatosis (tuberous sclerosis complex, etc.)
- Developmental disorders
- Delayed or impaired motor, speech, mental development
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
- Autistic disorders
- Impaired regulation and behavior in children
- Cerebral palsy
- Neurodegenerative diseases / metabolic disorders (for example, metachromatic leukodystrophy)
- Neuromuscular disorders
- Brain injuries
- Cerebral palsy
- Cerebrovascular diseases
- Craniofacial abnormalities
- Diabetes mellitus (inpatient treatment)
- Resistant types of epilepsy
- Brain tumors
- Spina bifida
- Muscular diseases
- Diagnostics and treatment of other neurological diseases and developmental disorders
- 1971 - 1978 Study of Medicine Eberhard Karls University Tuebingen.
- 1975 - 1976 Study of Medicine at the University of Lausanne (DAAD).
- 1978 Approbation.
- 1978 - 1994 Research Assistant at the University Hospital Tuebingen.
- 1978 - 1979 Postgraduate Scholarship, Hôpital St. Vincent de Paul in Paris.
- 1989 - 1992 BMBF funded study on epidemiology, nosology and etiology of bilateral spastic cerebral palsy in Southwest Germany and West Sweden.
- 1992 - 1994 Scholarship of the German Research Foundation (habilitation scholarship), 9/1993-6/1994 John F. Kennedy Institute Copenhagen.
- 1994 Habilitation in Pediatrics, University of Tuebingen.
- 1995 - 1997 (C3) Professor of Pediatrics, Technical University of Munich, Head of the Department of Pediatric Neurology, Children’s Hospital at the University of Tuebingen.
- Since 1997, (C4) Professor of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tuebingen, Medical Director of the Department of Pediatric Neurology and Developmental Disorders, University Hospital Tuebingen.
- 2004 - 2010 Executive Medical Director of the Department of Pediatrics, University of Tuebingen.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- Elected Board Member of the German Society of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine (DGKJ).
- 2006 - 2009 Secretary of the European Pediatric Neurology Society (EPNS), since 2010 Head of the Scientific Committee.
- Society of Neuropediatrics (GNP).
- European Society of Magnetic Resonance in Neuropediatrics (ESMRN).
- 1999 - 2006 European Society of Childhood Disabilities (EACD).
Department of Pediatric Neurology and Developmental Disorders.
University Hospital Tuebingen:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home