Cervical Cancer Diagnostics (program ID: 233135)
University Hospital Ulm
Wolfgang JanniSpecialized in: obstetrics, adult and pediatric gynecology
Department of Obstetrics, Adult and Pediatric Gynecology
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- clinical history taking
- review of medical records
- physical examination
- laboratory tests:
- complete blood count
- general urine analysis
- biochemical blood test
- inflammation markers (CRP, ESR)
- blood coagulation analysis (aPTT, PT, INR)
- tumor markers (CEA, CA19-9, CA125)
- gynecological examination:
- vaginal swab
- cervical biopsy with histological analysis (if clinically indicated, additional cost is 2000 €)
- pelvic ultrasound
- transvaginal ultrasound
- breasts ultrasound
- ultrasound of the abdomen
- CT/MRI of the abdomen and pelvic organs (if clinically indicated, additional cost is 650/1200 €)
- nursing services
- consultation of related specialists
- treatment by chief physician and all leading experts
- explanation of individual treatment plan
You may also book
About the department
According to the prestigious Focus magazine, the Department of Obstetrics, Adult and Pediatric Gynecology at the University Hospital Ulm is ranked among the best German medical institutions specializing in obstetrics and breast cancer treatment!
The department offers the full range of services in these fields and specializes in the diagnostics and treatment of general gynecological diseases, oncological diseases of the female reproductive system, breast, endometrial pathologies and urinary incontinence. In the clinical practice, only proven accurate diagnostic methods and effective therapeutic measures are used. In addition, the department is the Level I Perinatal Center, in which about 3,000 babies are born annually. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Wolfgang Janni, who ranks among the top German doctors listed in the prestigious Focus magazine in the treatment of breast cancer and gynecological tumors!
The priorities of the department include the treatment of gynecologic cancers, many of which (for example, uterine fibroids, malignant tumors, pelvic prolapse) require surgical intervention. For this purpose, the department has modern operating rooms. The spectrum covers both small outpatient operations, and extensive interventions on the abdominal organs, breast robotic plastic surgery.
To provide excellent obstetric services, there are four perfectly equipped delivery rooms with a pleasant atmosphere in the arsenal of the department, including a special room for childbirth in water. The competent team of obstetricians, gynecologists and pediatricians works 24 hours a day, thereby ensuring maximum safety for patients and babies. Also, obstetricians make sure that during the childbirth a woman has minimal pain, so they offer modern methods of pain relief, for example, epidural anesthesia, homeopathy, acupuncture.
The service range of the department includes:
- Diagnostics and treatment of benign gynecological diseases
- Menstrual disorders
- Menopause and its symptomatic manifestations
- Elimination of the risk factors in early pregnancy
- Chronic pelvic and lower abdominal pain
- Infections of the external and internal genital organs
- Cysts and benign ovarian neoplasms
- Cervical dysplasia
- Endometrial diseases
- Benign breast diseases
- Gynecomastia in men
- Full range of gynecological surgical interventions
- Care for women and girls in the case of sexual abuse (necessary diagnostics, counseling)
- Pediatric gynecology
- Consultations on all kinds of issues in gynecology
- Diagnostic measures (for example, vaginal smear, vaginoscopy, colposcopic examination, transabdominal ultrasound)
- Development of special therapy regimens (in collaboration with all necessary specialists from the related fields)
- Diagnostics, treatment (surgical, drug therapy, radiation therapy) and subsequent care for women with cancer
- Breast cancer
- Diagnostics (mammography, ultrasound, MRI, biopsy, etc.)
- Organ preservation surgery
- Reconstructive surgeries (using allogeneic tissues, expanders, silicone implants)
- Aesthetic breast surgery (breast augmentation, reduction, correction of breast asymmetry)
- Drug therapy (chemotherapy, radiation therapy, antihormonal therapy, immunotherapy, antibody therapy)
- Cervical cancer
- Uterine cancer
- Ovarian cancer
- Vaginal cancer
- Endometrial cancer
- Vulvar cancer
- Breast cancer
- Diagnostics and treatment of urinary incontinence, pelvic prolapse, chronic bladder inflammations
- Diagnostic services
- Study of medical history
- Ultrasound examinations
- Bladder pressure measurement
- Disciplinary consultations
- Conservative treatment methods
- Drug therapy
- Installation of pessaries
- Surgical treatment methods
- Urethral stabilization through the imposition of vaginal tapes made of artificial material in stress urinary incontinence
- Botox injections and implantation of the bladder stimulator in overactive bladder
- Minimally invasive interventions in genital prolapse in women
- Diagnostic services
- Obstetric services
- Medical care before, during and after childbirth
- Prenatal diagnostics and therapy (non-invasive and invasive methods)
- Management of high-risk pregnancy
- Pain relief methods during childbirth (for example, acupuncture, homeopathy, epidural anesthesia)
- Diagnostics and treatment of problems with conceiving a child (within the specialized center)
- Diagnostics and treatment of hormonal disorders in women
- Other medical services
Academic and Professional Activities
- Since 2012, W3 Professor and Head of the Department of Obstetrics, Adult and Pediatric Gynecology at the University Hospital Ulm.
- 2008 - 2012 W3 Professor in the Department of Medicine, Heinrich Heine University of Duesseldorf.
- 2008 - 2012 Head of the Department of Gynecology, Heinrich Heine University of Duesseldorf.
- 2005 - 2012 Leading Senior Physician and Deputy Head in the Department of Gynecology at the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich.
- 2003 Habilitation, Faculty of Medicine, Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich.
- 2002 - 2005 Clinical Senior Physician, Gynecologic Oncology.
- 1997 - 2002 Research Fellow and Assistant Physician, Department of Gynecology, Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich.
- 1995 - 1997 Intern, Department of Gynecology, Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich.
- 1994 - 1995 One-year practice:
- Yale University Medical Center New Haven, USA.
- University of Michigan Medical Center in Ann Arbor, USA.
- Bellevue Hospital, New York University, New York, USA.
- University Hospital Hahnemann, Philadelphia, USA.
- 1989 - 1995 Study of Human Medicine, Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich.
Positions in the Scientific Societies and Committees
- Since 2016, Board Member of the Working Group on Gynecologic Oncology.
- Since 2016, Chairman of the Mamma Commission of the Working Group on Gynecologic Oncology.
- Since 2015, Elected as a Gynaecologicum Board Member.
- Since 2015, Advisory Council of the research project GBG Forschungs GmbH.
- Since 2015, Scientific Council of the Working Group on Health Insurance in Germany.
- Since 2015, Advanced Training Committee of the District Medical Association South Württemberg.
- Since 2014, Scientific Advisory Board of NOGGO e.V. Berlin.
- Since 2014, Scientific Advisory Board of the Central Health Insurance Authority.
- Since 2014, International Network on Cancer, Infertility and Pregnancy (INCIP).
- Since 2013, Oncology Advisory Council of the Ministry of Labor and Social Protection, Family, Elderly, Women of Baden-Württemberg.
- Since 2012, Board Member, Comprehensive Cancer Center Ulm.
- Since 2012, Steering Committee Member (Early Breast Cancer Collaborative Trialist Group), Oxford, UK.
- Since 2011, Steering Group Member, Development Commission of S3 Recommendations for Breast Cancer, German Cancer Society.
- Since 2010, Technical Committee for the Promotion of Young Scientists, German Cancer Society.
- Since 2009, Board Member of the German Cancer Society of North Rhine-Westphalia.
- Since 2009, Board Member of the German Association for Interdisciplinary Medicine (Medica).
- 2009 - 2016 Deputy Chairman of the Mamma Commission, Working Group on Gynecologic Oncology.
Awards and Honorary Memberships
- Since 2017, Member of the National Academy of Sciences Leopoldina.
- Since 2011, Elected as a Full Member of the Society of Pelvic Surgeons.
- 2006, 2004, 2002 and 2000 Honorary Award for Merits of the American Society of Clinical Oncology.
- 2001 Scientists Award, 24th Annual Breast Cancer Symposium in San Antonio, USA.
- 2000 Promotional Prize of the German Society of Gynecology and Obstetrics.
- 2000 Young Investigator Scholar Award.
Main Research Focuses
- Gynecologic oncology.
- Surgical and drug treatment of breast diseases.
- Special obstetric services.
- Systemic therapy.