Hip dysplasia diagnosis (program ID: 235245)
University Hospital Ulm
Heiko ReichelSpecialized in: adult and pediatric orthopedics
Department of Adult and Pediatric Orthopedics
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- clinical history taking
- review of medical records
- physical examination
- X-ray of hip joint
- CT/MRI scan (on indication 650/1200 €)
- nursing services
- consultation of related specialists
- consultation of the chief physician and all leading experts
- development of individual treatment plan
- Medical records
- X-ray examination, MRI/CT scan (if available)
You may also book
About the department
According to the Focus magazine, the Department of Adult and Pediatric Orthopedics at the University Hospital Ulm ranks among the top German departments specializing in joint replacement surgery!
The department covers the full range of conservative and operative therapy in diseases of the musculoskeletal system, including the special pain therapy in the case of these pathologies, emergency treatment and long-term care for the patients with paraplegia. The department offers many sparing minimally invasive techniques, advanced navigation systems for high-precision interventions. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Heiko Reichel.
The service range of the department includes:
- Diagnostics and treatment of degenerative hip and knee diseases (arthrosis)
- Endoprosthetics, including the revision interventions
- Diagnostics and treatment of shoulder, knee and elbow sports injuries
- Organ preservation surgery of the hip joint
- Femoroacetabular impingement
- Hip dysplasia in adolescents and adults
- Hip deformities
- Diagnostics and treatment of spinal diseases
- Scoliosis and kyphosis
- Herniated discs of the cervical and lumbar spine
- Degenerative disk diseases
- Spinal stenosis
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Bechterew's disease
- Spinal spondylodiscitis
- Osteoporotic fractures
- Benign and malignant bone tumors
- Conservative therapy (for example, pain therapy, intervertebral joint infiltration)
- Diagnostics and treatment of paraplegia
- Diagnostics and treatment of orthopedic diseases in children
- Axial deformations
- Lower limb length discrepancy
- Femoral head epiphysis displacement
- Malformations (amelia, dysmelia, hemelium, syndactyly)
- Hip dysplasia
- Clubfoot, flatfoot and other foot deformities
- Perthes disease, dissecting osteochondrosis and other forms of aseptic bone necrosis in children
- Osteogenesis imperfecta
- Coxitis, osteomyelitis
- Medial patella dislocation
- Skeletal dysplasia
- Fractures and sports injuries in children
- Tumors in children
- Pediatric rheumatological diseases
- Neuromuscular diseases (for example, cerebral palsy, spina bifida, genetic syndromatic diseases)
- Diagnostics and treatment of foot and ankle diseases
- Hallux valgus
- Hallux rigidus
- Toe clinodactyly
- Foot and ankle osteoarthritis
- Ankle diseases
- Hindfoot deformities
- Achilles tendon rupture
- Foot deformities due to rheumatic diseases
- Diagnostics and treatment of benign and malignant tumors of the musculoskeletal system
- Diagnostics and treatment of rheumatic changes due to the orthopedic diseases
- Other medical services
- 1982 - 1988 Study of Medicine, Martin Luther University of Halle-Wittenberg.
- 1988 - 1992 Training for Medical Specialist in the Department of Orthopedics at the University Hospital Halle.
- 1993 Appointed as a Senior Physician.
- 1995 - 2004 Leading Senior Physician, Department of Orthopedics at the University Hospital Halle, Research Scholarships at the International Orthopedic Centers, such as the Academic Hospital Vienna, Mayo Rochester Clinic, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston.
- Since 2005, Head of the Department of Adult and Pediatric Orthopedics at the University Hospital Ulm.
- Since 2006, Head of the Rehabilitation Center at the University Hospital Ulm.
Qualifications and Assignments
- 1988 Doctoral thesis defense with honors.
- 1992 Medical Specialist in Orthopedics.
- 1993 Additional qualification in Sports Medicine and Chiropractic.
- 1994 Partial specialization in Rheumatology.
- 1996 Optional advanced training in Special Orthopedic Surgery.
- 1996 Habilitation in Orthopedics.
- 2003 Extraordinary Professor, Martin Luther University of Halle-Wittenberg.
- 2004 C4 Professor in Orthopedics, University of Ulm.
- 2006 Medical Specialist in Orthopedics and Traumatology.
Awards and Positions in Professional Societies
- 1998 ASG Scholarship (Scholarship for training of the German-speaking Orthopedic Societies in the United States of America, England and Canada).
- 1999 Heinrich Heine Prize of the German Society for Orthopedics and Traumatology.
- Since 2007, Committee Member for the advanced training of the Medical Association of Baden-Württemberg.
- 2008 President of the Orthopedic Association of Southern Germany.
- 2009 President of the Meeting of the Paediatric Orthopaedic Society.
- Since 2008, Board Member of the Working Group of the German Association for Arthroplasty.
- 2015 President of the Working Group of the German Association for Arthroplasty.
- 2016 President of the German Society for Orthopedics and Trauma (DGOU) and President of the German Association of Orthopedics and Orthopaedic Surgery (DGOOC).
Membership in the Professional Societies
- German Association of Orthopedics and Orthopedic Surgery.
- American Association of Orthopedic Surgeons.
- German Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
- German Society of Rheumatology.
- German speaking Society of Paediatric Orthopedics.
- German Association of Orthopedic Surgeons and Traumatologists of Southern Germany.
- Professional Association of Medical Specialists in Orthopedics and Traumatology.
Main Clinical and Research Focuses
- Primary and revision knee and hip arthroplasty.
- Primary and revision knee and hip replacement surgery.
- Organ preservation surgery of the hip joint.
- Rheumatic diseases.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Universitätsklinikum Ulm