Surgical treatment of tricuspid valve disease with tricuspid valve replacement (program ID: 232583)
University Hospital Ulm
Andreas LieboldSpecialized in: cardiothoracic surgery
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- clinical history taking
- physical examination
- cardiological examination
- laboratory tests:
- complete blood count
- general urine analysis
- biochemical analysis of blood
- TSH-basal, fT3, fT4
- indicators of inflammation
- indicators blood coagulation
- measurement of arterial blood pressure
- holter monitoring (24h)
- transesophageal echocardiography
- cardiac catheterization
- preoperative care
- surgial tricuspid valve replacement
- symptomatic treatment
- control examinations
- cost of essential medicines and materials
- nursing services
- full hospital accommodation
- explanation of future recommendations
You may also book
About the department
The Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery at the University Hospital Ulm offers the full range of surgical treatment of diseases of the heart, lungs, thoracic organs and blood vessels. Medical care is provided 24 hours a day. The doctors of the department prefer an individual approach to each patient and take into account all his needs and wishes. In clinical practice, doctors apply both classic and innovative surgical techniques in order to achieve the best therapeutic results. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Andreas Liebold.
The service range of the department includes:
- Cardiac surgery
- Coronary artery bypass grafting
- Traditional coronary artery bypass grafting
- Total arterial myocardial revascularization
- Minimally invasive coronary artery bypass grafting
- Off-pump coronary artery bypass surgery
- Mitral valve surgery
- Reconstructive interventions with valve preservation
- Installation of a biological or mechanical valve
- Minimally invasive interventions for mitral valve replacement
- Heart failure treatment
- Ventricular aneurysm resection
- Heart ventricle differential remodeling, including reduction plastic surgery
- Implantation of single-, dual- and triple-chamber pacemakers and defibrillators
- Implantation of extra- and intracorporeal cardiac support systems
- Thoracic aorta surgery
- Ascending aortic prosthesis
- Yakub and David procedures
- Aortic valve surgery
- Minimally invasive aortic valve replacement
- Installation of biological and mechanical implants
- Reconstructive interventions
- Surgical treatment of heart rhythm disorders
- Implantation of cardiac recorders, pacemakers and defibrillators, continuous monitoring of implanted devices
- Complete endoscopic radiofrequency ablation in atrial fibrillation
- Coronary artery bypass grafting
- Thoracic surgery
- Interdisciplinary treatment of lung cancer and lung metastases
- Video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery (VATS), for example, for the treatment of lung tumors, pneumothorax, pleural adhesions
- VATS sympathectomy for the treatment of excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis)
- Surgical treatment of pleural empyema
- Mediastinoscopy (mediastinal endoscopic examination)
- Chest wall surgeries (for example, for the treatment of injuries due to the accidents and other pathological conditions)
- VATS lung volume reduction
- VATS pleurodesis (pleural space artificial obliteration)
- Spontaneous pneumothorax treatment
- Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) for the treatment of acute respiratory failure
- Vascular surgery
- Open and endovascular (stent implantation) treatment methods for abdominal, thoracic aortic and thoracoabdominal aneurysms
- Open and endovascular treatment methods for acute and chronic aortic type B dissection (according to the Stanford classification)
- Treatment of peripheral arterial occlusive disease using bypass or stent implantation (in collaboration with the Departments of Interventional Radiology, Angiology)
- Carotid thromboendarterectomy (stroke prevention surgery)
- Other therapeutic options
- 1984 - 1989 Study of Medicine at the Leipzig University.
- 1989 - 1991 Training in Surgery (General Surgery and Neurosurgery), in Chemnitz and Bad Neustadt (Bavaria).
- 1990 - 1995 Assistant Physician, further training in Surgery in Chemnitz, Bad Neustadt / Saale and Regensburg.
- 1995 - 2004 Senior Physician, Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, University Hospital Regensburg.
- Since 2004, Professor in Cardiac Surgery, University of Rostock.
- 1989 State Examination in Medicine, Leipzig University.
- 1990 Doctoral thesis defence (Dr. med.), Leipzig University. Subject: "Coronary heart disease and pronounced reduction of the left ventricular function. Results of coronary surgery compared with drug therapy".
- 2001 Habilitation, University of Regensburg. Subject: "Researches on minimized extracorporeal blood circulation".
Main Focuses of Teaching and Research Activities
- Minimally invasive cardiac surgery.
- Minimized extracorporeal blood circulation.
- Heart failure and heart transplantation.
- Heart valves organ-preserving surgery.
- Surgical treatment of cardiac arrhythmias.
Membership in Scientific Societies
- International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation (ISHLT).
- European Association for Cardiothoracic Surgery (EACTS)
- German Society for Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery (DGTHG).
- German Transplantation Society (DTG).
- Eurotransplant International Foundation (ET).
- International Society for Minimally Invasive Cardiothoracic Surgery (ISMICS).
- German Association of Universities (DHV).
Accommodation in hospital
- Program [Description]
Surgical treatment of tricuspid valve disease with tricuspid valve replacement
- Hospital: University Hospital Ulm
- access_time Duration:
There are 42 tricuspid valve stenosis treatment hospitals on Booking Health websiteShow all clinics