University Hospital Ulm
Treatment of Parkinsons disease with deep brain stimulation (DBS) and implanted of neurostimulator (program ID: 232653)
Christian Rainer WirtzSpecialized in: neurosurgery
Department of Neurosurgery
The Neurosurgery Clinic at Ulm University Clinic with two departments located in different federal lands, the city of Ulm (Baden-Wuerttemberg) and the city of Günzburg (Bavaria), is one of the largest neurosurgical clinic. The clinic offers a broad range of surgical care and is specialized in healthcare, university research and teaching at the highest level.
Besides extensive experimental basic research, the Clinic participates in clinical research to develop the new treatments.
Neurosurgical Clinic is equipped with the most innovative technical equipment and has a surgical microscope, neuronavigation, neuroendoscopy, ultrasound tissue destruction, intraoperative sonography, micro-Doppler sonography and intraoperative electrophysiological neuromonitoring at its disposal.
The range of medical services also covers the general operative neurosurgery. For patients with damaged nerves and brachial plexus, the Clinic is an interregional specialized center with an international footprint.
The patients with tumors and metastases can use the department operating room in Günzburg with the Brain Suite® system and medical equipment of the highest global level. Due to weekly countseling, the professionals of the neuro-tumor department ensure the subsequent high-quality treatment and post-operative care of patients.
Spinal surgery also uses all possible methods of surgical interventions, from surgeries on the intervertebral discs to comprehensive fusional operations. The interventional treatment of vascular diseases of the brain and spinal cord is carried out jointly with the neuroradiologists and neurosurgeons, which allows a more comprehensive and diversified countseling of patients. Consultations on neurofibromatosis also represent one of the few interdisciplinary areas of its kind in Germany.
Being the clinic patient, you will always be in the focus of the team of doctors and staff. To maintain this level, the team is fully committed to experimental and clinical studies and clinical trials aimed at development of new treatment methods.
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- clinical history taking
- review of medical records
- physical examination
- laboratory tests:
- complete blood count
- general urine analysis
- biochemical analysis of blood
- inflammation indicators (CRP, ESR)
- TSH, fT3, fT4
- indicators blood coagulation
- neurological examination
- CT/MRI scan
- neuropsychological tests (on indications):
- ENMG (electroneuromyography)
- EEG (electroencephalography)
- SEPs (somatosensory evoked potentials)
- VEPs (visually evoked potentials)
- BAEP tests (brainstem auditory evoked potential)
- stationary EEG monitoring
- preoperative care
- surgical treatment of Parkinson's disease with deep brain stimulation and installation of
neurostimulator (including the cost of neurostimulator)
- 1-day intensive care unit stay
- postoperative MRI control
- symptomatic treatment
- control examinations
- the cost of essential medicines and materials
- nursing services
- full hospital accommodation
- developing of further guidance
You may also book
Accommodation in hospital
- Program [Description]
Treatment of Parkinsons disease with deep brain stimulation (DBS) and implanted of neurostimulator
- Hospital: University Hospital Ulm
- access_time Duration: