Hysteroscopy In Intrauterine adhesions (Ashermans syndrome) (program ID: 232995)
University Hospital Ulm
Wolfgang JanniSpecialized in: obstetrics, adult and pediatric gynecology
Department of Obstetrics, Adult and Pediatric Gynecology
The program includes:
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- clinical history taking
- review of medical records
- physical examination
- laboratory tests:
- complete blood count
- biochemical analysis of blood
- inflammation indicators
- indicators blood coagulation
- pelvic ultrasound
- gynecological examination
- transvaginal ultrasound
- scraping with subsequent analysis
- nursing services
- services of all leading experts
- explanation of individual treatment plan
- Medical records
- Pelvic ultrasoud (if available)
- Pelvic MRI/CT scan (if available)
You may also book:
About the department
According to the prestigious Focus magazine, the Department of Obstetrics, Adult and Pediatric Gynecology at the University Hospital Ulm is ranked among the best German medical institutions specializing in obstetrics and breast cancer treatment!
The department offers the full range of services in these fields and specializes in the diagnostics and treatment of general gynecological diseases, oncological diseases of the female reproductive system, breast, endometrial pathologies and urinary incontinence. In the clinical practice, only proven accurate diagnostic methods and effective therapeutic measures are used. In addition, the department is the Level I Perinatal Center, in which about 3,000 babies are born annually.
The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Wolfgang Janni, one of the most respected obstetrician-gynecologists in Germany, which is confirmed by the Focus magazine rating and the high credibility among patients, including those from other countries. The doctor trained at well-known medical facilities in the United States and held positions at leading university hospitals in Germany, including the University Hospital of Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich and the University Hospital Duesseldorf. Prof. Janni has been treating women with gynecologic pathologies and providing obstetric services for more than 25 years, and, during this time, he has dealt with the most complex clinical cases. The specialist is the winner of four Awards of Merit from the American Society of Clinical Oncology and an Award from the German Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology. The number of the professor's publications in the scientific literature includes more than 380 works.
The priorities of the department include the treatment of gynecologic cancers, many of which (for example, uterine fibroids, malignant tumors, pelvic prolapse) require surgical intervention. For this purpose, the department has modern operating rooms. The spectrum covers both small outpatient operations, and extensive interventions on the abdominal organs, breast robotic plastic surgery.
To provide excellent obstetric services, there are four perfectly equipped delivery rooms with a pleasant atmosphere in the arsenal of the department, including a special room for childbirth in water. The competent team of obstetricians, gynecologists and pediatricians works 24 hours a day, thereby ensuring maximum safety for patients and babies. Also, obstetricians make sure that during the childbirth a woman has minimal pain, so they offer modern methods of pain relief, for example, epidural anesthesia, homeopathy, acupuncture.
The service range of the department includes:
|Diagnostics and treatment of benign gynecological diseases|
|Full range of gynecological surgical interventions|
|Care for women and girls in the case of sexual abuse (necessary diagnostics, counseling)|
|Diagnostics, treatment (surgical, drug therapy, radiation therapy) and subsequent care for women with cancer|
|Diagnostics and treatment of urinary incontinence, pelvic prolapse, chronic bladder inflammations|
|Diagnostics and treatment of problems with conceiving a child (within the specialized center)|
|Diagnostics and treatment of hormonal disorders in women|
|Other medical services|
Academic and Professional Activities
- Since 2012, W3 Professor and Head of the Department of Obstetrics, Adult and Pediatric Gynecology at the University Hospital Ulm.
- 2008 - 2012 W3 Professor in the Department of Medicine, Heinrich Heine University of Duesseldorf.
- 2008 - 2012 Head of the Department of Gynecology, Heinrich Heine University of Duesseldorf.
- 2005 - 2012 Leading Senior Physician and Deputy Head in the Department of Gynecology at the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich.
- 2003 Habilitation, Faculty of Medicine, Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich.
- 2002 - 2005 Clinical Senior Physician, Gynecologic Oncology.
- 1997 - 2002 Research Fellow and Assistant Physician, Department of Gynecology, Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich.
- 1995 - 1997 Intern, Department of Gynecology, Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich.
- 1994 - 1995 One-year practice:
- Yale University Medical Center New Haven, USA.
- University of Michigan Medical Center in Ann Arbor, USA.
- Bellevue Hospital, New York University, New York, USA.
- University Hospital Hahnemann, Philadelphia, USA.
- 1989 - 1995 Study of Human Medicine, Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich.
Positions in the Scientific Societies and Committees
- Since 2016, Board Member of the Working Group on Gynecologic Oncology.
- Since 2016, Chairman of the Mamma Commission of the Working Group on Gynecologic Oncology.
- Since 2015, Elected as a Gynaecologicum Board Member.
- Since 2015, Advisory Council of the research project GBG Forschungs GmbH.
- Since 2015, Scientific Council of the Working Group on Health Insurance in Germany.
- Since 2015, Advanced Training Committee of the District Medical Association South Württemberg.
- Since 2014, Scientific Advisory Board of NOGGO e.V. Berlin.
- Since 2014, Scientific Advisory Board of the Central Health Insurance Authority.
- Since 2014, International Network on Cancer, Infertility and Pregnancy (INCIP).
- Since 2013, Oncology Advisory Council of the Ministry of Labor and Social Protection, Family, Elderly, Women of Baden-Württemberg.
- Since 2012, Board Member, Comprehensive Cancer Center Ulm.
- Since 2012, Steering Committee Member (Early Breast Cancer Collaborative Trialist Group), Oxford, UK.
- Since 2011, Steering Group Member, Development Commission of S3 Recommendations for Breast Cancer, German Cancer Society.
- Since 2010, Technical Committee for the Promotion of Young Scientists, German Cancer Society.
- Since 2009, Board Member of the German Cancer Society of North Rhine-Westphalia.
- Since 2009, Board Member of the German Association for Interdisciplinary Medicine (Medica).
- 2009 - 2016 Deputy Chairman of the Mamma Commission, Working Group on Gynecologic Oncology.
Awards and Honorary Memberships
- Since 2017, Member of the National Academy of Sciences Leopoldina.
- Since 2011, Elected as a Full Member of the Society of Pelvic Surgeons.
- 2006, 2004, 2002 and 2000 Honorary Award for Merits of the American Society of Clinical Oncology.
- 2001 Scientists Award, 24th Annual Breast Cancer Symposium in San Antonio, USA.
- 2000 Promotional Prize of the German Society of Gynecology and Obstetrics.
- 2000 Young Investigator Scholar Award.
Main Research Focuses
- Gynecologic oncology.
- Surgical and drug treatment of breast diseases.
- Special obstetric services.
- Systemic therapy.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Universitätsklinikum Ulm
Accommodation in hospital
- Program [Description]
Hysteroscopy In Intrauterine adhesions (Ashermans syndrome)
- Hospital: University Hospital Ulm
There are 95 intrauterine adhesions (asherman syndrome) treatment hospitals on Booking Health websiteShow all clinics