Surgical treatment of stomach cancer with partial resection of the stomach with anastomosis (program ID: 560595)
University Hospital Ulm
Doris Henne-BrunsSpecialized in: general surgery, abdominal surgery
Department of General and Abdominal Surgery
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- clinical history taking
- physical examination
- review of medical records
- laboratory tests:
- complete blood count
- general urine analysis
- biochemical analysis of blood
- TSH-basal, fT3, fT4
- tumor markers (AFP, CEA, СА-19-9)
- indicators of inflammation (CRP, ESR)
- indicators blood coagulation
- abdominal ultrasound
- gastroscopy with biopsy
- analysis of hp (helicobacter pylori)
- CT/MRI abdomen
- preoperative care
- partial resection of the stomach with anastomosis
- histologically and immunohistochemically
examination of the remote tissues
- symptomatic treatment
- control examinations
- the cost of essential medicines and materials
- nursing services
- nutrition recommendations
- full hospital accommodation
- explanation of future recommendations
You may also book
About the department
The Department of General and Abdominal Surgery at the University Hospital Ulm offers the full range of surgical treatment of diseases of the esophagus and abdominal organs, thyroid and parathyroid glands, as well as the interventions in bariatric surgery. The surgeons of the department have a deep knowledge in all open and minimally invasive surgical techniques, perform extensive operations of high complexity with maximum safety for the patient. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Doris Henne-Bruns, who has extensive experience in performing various operations and many saved lives.
The service range of general and abdominal surgery includes:
- Surgical treatment of hernia
- Anterior abdominal wall hernia
- Inguinal hernia
- Umbilical hernia
- Bariatric surgery (obesity treatment)
- Operations to reduce stomach volume
- Combined operations (reduction of the stomach volume and exclusion of a part of the small intestine from the digestive process)
- Surgical treatment of echinococcosis
- Surgical endoscopy and proctology
- Procto-and rectoscopy
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography
- Sampling of tumors for histological examination
- All proctological examinations, including anal canal pressure measurement
- Thyroid, parathyroid and adrenal surgery (endocrine surgery)
- Appendix removal
- Surgical treatment of pancreatitis
- Operations on the gallbladder and biliary tracts
- Surgical treatment of gastric ulcers and gastric haemorrhages
- Surgical intervention on the spleen
- Surgical treatment of the adhesive bowel disease, diverticulitis, Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis
- Treatment of esophageal malignant tumors
- Treatment of stomach malignant tumors
- Treatment of pancreatic malignant tumors
- Treatment of benign and malignant liver tumors, liver metastases
- Treatment of tumors of the small intestine and retroperitoneal space
- Treatment of rectal tumors
- Sarcoma treatment
- Thyroid tumor treatment
- Other medical services
- 1980 Admission to medical practice.
- 1980 Doctoral thesis defense.
- 1987 Medical Specialist in Surgery.
- 1998 Specialization in Abdominal Surgery.
- 1999 Specialization in Thoracic Surgery.
- 1988 Habilitation, Hamburg.
- 1992 C2 Professor, Hamburg.
- 1992 Acting C3 Professor, Kiel.
- 1993 C3 Professor (for life) in Oncology and Transplantology, Kiel.
- 1993 Head of the Transplant Center, Kiel.
- 2001 C4 Professor, Ulm.
- 2011 Advanced training in Special Abdominal Surgery.
- Since 2001, Head of the Department of General and Abdominal Surgery at the University Hospital of Ulm (specialty: Oncology).
Memberships and Positions in Professional Societies
- German Cancer Society: Representative of the Surgical Working Group of the German Society of Surgery.
- Editorial Board Member, National Editor of Hepato-Gastroenterology Journal.
- Activities in the Research Council of the Oncologie Journal.
- Activities in the Research Council of the Transplantation aktuell Journal.
- Board Member at the Saarland University.
- 2005 President of the German Association for the Study of the Liver (GASL).
- Advanced Training Committee Member for an additional qualification in General and Abdominal Surgery, Medical Association of South Württemberg.
- Advisory Board of the South-West German Gastroenterology Association.
- Position in the Appeals Committee of the Medical Association of the Baden-Württemberg State.
- October 2007 Honorary Membership in the Chinese Society of Surgery.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Universitätsklinikum Ulm
Accommodation in hospital
- Program [Description]
Surgical treatment of stomach cancer with partial resection of the stomach with anastomosis
- Hospital: University Hospital Ulm
There are 40 stomach cancer treatment hospitals on Booking Health websiteShow all clinics