University Hospital Würzburg
Department of Adult and Pediatric Gynecology, Mammology and Obstetrics (223361)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric gynecology, mammology, obstetrics
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Gynecology, Mammology and Obstetrics at the University Hospital Würzburg offers the diagnostics and treatment of all gynecological diseases. The department specializes in the treatment of breast cancer and cancer of the female reproductive organs. All traditional and modern conservative and surgical methods are used for this purpose. The department also provides reliable and individual obstetric services at the Center for Mother and Child and offers all methods of prenatal diagnostics. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Achim Wöckel.
The department is a recognized center for the treatment of cancer and other breast diseases in women. All methods of surgical and conservative treatment are offered within the certified Breast Center. The Breast Center is part of the Comprehensive Cancer Center Mainfranken, thanks to which the department provides the diagnostics and therapy at the highest scientific level. The department offers a comprehensive treatment, ranging from mammography to postoperative breast reconstruction, radiation therapy and the appointment of chemotherapeutic drugs.
Another important focus is the operative gynecology and gynecologic oncology. It offers treatment of all types of gynecologic tumors. If indicated, the surgical treatment will be performed. The combination of minimally invasive and classical surgical methods allows the doctor to perform sparing surgery, which contributes to the rapid return of the patient to everyday life. In some clinical cases, the department cooperates with the specialists in the field of surgery and urology.
Also the patients with infertility receive a competent assistance in the department. It has a specialized center for the treatment of infertility, gynecological endocrinology and reproductive medicine. All methods are offered for the treatment of infertility, including in vitro fertilization. Infertility is often associated with hormonal disorders, so there is active cooperation with the Department of Endocrinology.
The service range of the department includes the diagnostics and treatment of the following diseases:
- Diagnostics and treatment of benign and malignant diseases of the mammary gland in women (Breast Center)
- Diagnostics, treatment, and prevention of familial breast and ovarian cancer (Familial Breast and Ovarian Cancer Center)
- Diagnostics and treatment of all types of genital cancer
- Ovarian cancer
- Uterine cancer
- Cervical cancer
- Vaginal cancer, etc.
- Diagnostics and treatment of endometriosis
- Minimally invasive endometriosis surgery (Endometriosis Center)
- Urogynecology, diagnostics and treatment of pelvic floor diseases
- Urinary incontinence
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Pediatric gynecology
- Center for Mother and Child
- Fertility Center / Reproductive Medicine and Gynecological Endocrinology Center (ZERM)
- Primary infertility
- Secondary infertility
- Pregnancy planning in cancers
- Recurrent miscarriage
- Hormonal disorders
- And other gynecological diseases and pathologies
Training and Professional Experience
- 1995 - 1998 Preclinical Study of Medicine at the Martin Luther University of Halle-Wittenberg.
- 1998 - 2002 Study of Medicine (with practice) at the Free University of Berlin.
- 11/2002 Graduation from the Medical School and passing of the 3rd State Examination.
- 03/2003 Degree of the Candidate of Medical Sciences at the Charite University Hospital Berlin (magna cum laude).
- 01/2003 - 12/2003 Postdoctoral Fellow / Research Fellow at the Institute of Anatomy at the Charite University Hospital Berlin.
- 01/2004 - 09/2005 Intern and Assistant Physician in the Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics at the Vivantes Humboldt Hospital Berlin, Charite University Hospital.
- 10/2005 - 12/2006 Assistant Physician in the Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics at the St. Joseph's Hospital in Berlin, Charite University Hospital.
- 01/2007 - 10/2007 Research Fellow and Project Coordinator at the Center for Quality in Medicine, Berlin (a joint institution of the Federal Medical Chamber and the Federal Association of Sickness Fund Doctors).
- 10/2007 - 03/2010 Assistant Physician at the University Hospital Ulm (rotation in the Departments of Obstetrics, Ultrasound Diagnostics, Surgery, Oncology).
- 03/2010 Certified Medical Specialist in Gynecology and Obstetrics of the Federal Medical Chamber of Baden-Württemberg.
- 09/2010 Appointment to the position of the Senior Physician in Operative Gynecology at the University Hospital Ulm.
- 10/2010 - 07/2011 Leading Senior Physician in Gynecology at the University Hospital Ulm.
- 07/2012 - 10/2012 Temporary Acting Medical Director in the Department of Gynecology at the University Hospital Ulm.
- 10/2012 - 03/2014 Leading Senior Physician in the Department of Gynecology at the University Hospital Ulm, Head of the Interdisciplinary Breast Centre, Responsible for Healthcare Quality Management.
- 02/2013 Visiting Professor at the Medical Faculty, University of Ulm.
- 01/2014 Invitation to the position of (W3) Professor in Obstetrics and Gynecology at the Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz with the position of the Institutional Medical Director.
- 01/2014 Invitation to the position of (W3) Professor in Obstetrics and Gynecology at the Julius Maximilian University of Würzburg with the position of the Head of the Department.
- Since 05/2014, Chief Physician of the Department of Adult and Pediatric Gynecology, Mammology and Obstetrics at the University Hospital Würzburg.
Department of Adult and Pediatric Gynecology, Mammology and Obstetrics.
University Hospital Würzburg:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home