University Hospital Würzburg
Department of Adult and Pediatric Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Facial Plastic Surgery (223383)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric oral and maxillofacial surgery, facial plastic surgery
About the Department of Adult and Pediatric Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Facial Plastic Surgery at University Hospital Würzburg
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Facial Plastic Surgery at the University Hospital Würzburg offers the full range of surgical treatment of maxillofacial diseases and defects, head and neck tumors, and facial plastic surgery. The specialists of the department are fluent in traditional and advanced surgical techniques, thanks to which they perform both simple and extensive, extremely complex operations, such as jaw augmentation. The department has 40 beds for inpatient treatment, as well as two ultramodern operating rooms. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Dr. med. dent. Alexander Kübler.
To provide an optimal treatment outcome, the department has the state-of-art equipment, for example, digital radiography, digital 3D tomography, ultrasound machines and laser surgical systems. The modern computerized imaging programs allow to calculate the final aesthetic result with the best possible accuracy, which also plays a key role in maxillofacial surgery.
The department has been certified in the treatment of head and neck tumors. It is part of the Comprehensive Cancer Center Mainfranken and is funded by the reputable German Cancer Aid (Deutsche Krebshilfe). The surgeons of the department regularly achieve a high survival rates in patients after surgery to remove head and neck tumors.
The service range of the department includes:
- Dental surgery
- Wisdom tooth extraction
- Root apex resection
- Maxillofacial cyst removal
- Interventions on the oral mucosa
- Teeth injuries
- Diagnostics and treatment of maxillofacial injuries (soft and bone tissue injuries)
- Diagnostics and treatment of head and neck tumors, as well as reconstructive surgery and postoperative care
- Benign tumors
- Malignant tumors
- Squamous cell carcinoma
- Benign tumors
- Diagnostics and treatment of cleft lip and palate in children, adults
- Diagnostics and surgical correction of dysgnathia (abnormal bite)
- Diagnostics and treatment of craniofacial malformations
- Plastic reconstructive facial interventions
- Aesthetic facial plastic surgery
- Upper and lower eyelid lift
- Rhinoplasty (especially in patients with cleft lip and palate)
- Botox injection therapy
- Ear reshaping (otoplasty)
- Diagnostics and treatment of bisphosphonate-related osteonecrosis of the jaw
- Diagnostics and treatment of other maxillofacial diseases and malformations
Curriculum vitae of Prof. Dr. med. Dr. med. dent. Alexander Kübler
- 1991 Admission to medical practice and obtaining the title of Doctor of Medicine.
- 1992 Admission to dental practice and the title of Doctor of Dentistry.
- 1993 - 1994 Internship abroad, Roswell Park Cancer Center, Buffalo (USA).
- 1994 - 1999 Training to become a Medical Specialist, Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Facial Plastic Surgery, University Hospital Heidelberg (under the guidance of Prof, Dr. Dr. J. Mühling).
- 1998 Medical Specialist in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Facial Plastic Surgery.
- 1999 Venia Legendi in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, as well as PD position.
- 2001 Additional specialization in Plastic Surgery.
- 2003 Invitation to the position of C3 Professor in the field of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Facial Plastic Surgery, University of Cologne.
- 2004 Invitation to the position of C4 Professor, as well as the appointment as the Head of the Department of Adult and Pediatric Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Facial Plastic Surgery at the University Hospital Würzburg.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Universitätsklinikum Würzburg
Department of Adult and Pediatric Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Facial Plastic Surgery.
University Hospital Würzburg:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.