Diagnostic tests for cancer of neck of urinary bladder (program ID: 227721)
University Hospital Würzburg
Hubert KüblerSpecialized in: adult and pediatric urology
Department of Adult and Pediatric Urology
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- clinical history taking
- general clinical examination
- laboratory tests:
- complete blood count
- clinical urine test
- kidney function test (creatinine, urea)
- blood coagulation analysis (aPTT, PT, INR)
- inflammaion indicators (CRP, ESR)
- tumor markers
- pelvic ultrasound
- CT scan (on indication 650 €)
- MRI scan (on indication 1200 €)
- biopsy with histological examination (on indication 2000 €)
- nursing services
- consultation of related specialists
- consultation of the chief physician and all leading experts
- development of individual treatment plan
- written statement
- Medical records
- MRI/CT scan/US of the pelvis (not older than 3 months)
- Biopsy results (if available)
You may also book
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Urology at the University Hospital Würzburg offers the diagnostics and treatment of all diseases of the urinary system organs (kidneys, ureters, bladder, urethra, etc.), as well as of the male reproductive organs in adults and children. The department specializes in the surgical and drug treatment of oncological diseases, correction of complex malformations, and plastic reconstructive urology. The department is the certified Prostate Cancer Centre. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Hubert Kübler.
The department is especially focused on cancer treatment. Along with the surgical tumor removal using open or minimally invasive methods, the department offers the comprehensive individualized medical care. The range of services also includes reconstructive interventions, which include bladder replacement, reconstruction of the urethra, etc. In particular, the department is one of the three Penile Prosthetic Centers in Germany.
The special competence of the department's specialists lies in the treatment of prostate cancer. For this purpose, the doctors have the cutting-edge diagnostic (MRI-, PSMA PET-CT-guided biopsy, etc.) and therapeutic options (minimally invasive operations using the da Vinci surgical system).
A distinctive feature of the department is robot-assisted surgery. The use of the da Vinci surgical system allows to perform minimally invasive interventions even in the cases where an open operation was previously required. Robotic interventions are distinguished by the best possible accuracy and patient safety. Due to this, they are successfully used in the treatment of such small and inconveniently located urological tumors, such as the prostate, kidney, adrenal, etc.
In addition, the department has an impeccable reputation in pediatric surgery. It treats all malformations of the urinary system, tumors, and diseases of the kidneys, ureters, or urethra, as well as the male reproductive organs in newborns and children of all age groups.
The service range is complemented by the diagnostics and treatment of all problems in andrology. These include, for example, diseases of the male reproductive organs, sexual disorders, infertility, etc.
The diagnostic and therapeutic range of the department covers the following options:
- Diagnostics and treatment of urinary tract cancers
- Prostate cancer (certified Prostate Cancer Center)
- Bladder cancer
- Kidney cancer
- Testicular cancer
- Penile cancer
- Robot-assisted surgery
- Radical prostatectomy
- Partial nephrectomy
- Radical nephrectomy
- Kidney and ureter removal
- Modern treatment methods of urolithiasis
- Ureteral remote shock wave lithotripsy
- Catheter interventions
- Diseases of the male genital tract (andrology)
- Diseases of the male reproductive system
- Sexual disorders
- Pediatric urology
- Congenital anomalies of the urinary system
- Urological tumors
- Diseases of the kidneys, ureters, urethra, male reproductive organs in childhood, etc.
- Diagnostics and treatment of other urological problems
- Additional qualification: special urological surgery.
- Additional qualification: drug treatment of tumors.
Membership in Professional Societies
- German Society of Urology (DGU).
- Working Group on Oncology (AKO) of the German Society of Urology (DGU).
- European Association of Urology (EAU).
- Working Group on Urological Oncology (AUO) of the German Cancer Society (DKG).
- Bavarian Society of Urology.
- Working Group on the Development of the Principles for Bladder Cancer Treatments (IABC).
- German Society for Robot-Assisted Urology (DGRU).
Areas of Specialization
- Robot-assisted laparoscopic surgery (Da Vinci).
- Continental bladder stoma catheterization.
- Urologic oncology (radical treatment of tumors).
- Radical pelvic surgery with function preservation.
- And other focuses.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Universitätsklinikum Würzburg
Accommodation in hospital
- Program [Description]
Diagnostic tests for cancer of neck of urinary bladder
- Hospital: University Hospital Würzburg
There are 89 cancer of the bladder neck diagnostic hospitals on Booking Health websiteShow all clinics