Treatment of reflux esophagitis with fundoplication (program ID: 223585)
University Hospital Würzburg
Christoph-Thomas GermerSpecialized in: general, abdominal, transplant, vascular, pediatric surgery
Department of General, Abdominal, Transplant, Vascular and Pediatric Surgery
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- clinical history taking
- physical examination
- review of medical records
- laboratory tests:
- complete blood count
- general urine analysis
- biochemical analysis of blood
- indicators of inflammation (CRP, ESR)
- indicators blood coagulation
- abdominal ultrasound
- gastroscopy with biopsy
- analysis of hp (helicobacter pylori)
- CT/MRI abdomen
- preoperative care
- symptomatic treatment
- control examinations
- the cost of essential medicines and materials
- nursing services
- nutrition recommendations
- full hospital accommodation
- explanation of future recommendations
- Medical records
- Gastroscopy, manometry, Ph-metry (if available)
You may also book
About the department
The Department of General, Abdominal, Transplant, Vascular and Pediatric Surgery covers the whole range of services in these fields. The department specializes in the treatment of diseases of the upper and lower gastrointestinal tract, liver, gallbladder, pancreas, thyroid and parathyroid glands, adrenal glands, as well as overweight. In addition, the department is a recognized Center for Vascular and Pediatric Surgery. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Christoph-Thomas Germer.
The department successfully performs treatment of diseases of the upper and lower gastrointestinal tract. In addition to swallowing disorders and other functional disorders of the esophagus and stomach, the department offers the effective treatment of benign and malignant tumors. The department is part of the Comprehensive Cancer Center Mainfranken, thanks to which the treatment meets the highest international standards. The malignant diseases of the colon and rectum are treated within the Colorectal Cancer Center, certified by the German Cancer Society.
Other activities of the department include the treatment of diseases of the liver, gallbladder and pancreas. The department's specialists are experts in the treatment of gallbladder diseases. In addition to the treatment of gallstone disease, the surgical treatment of rare malignant diseases of the gallbladder and biliary tract is carried out here. The department also provides treatment for benign and malignant diseases of the liver and pancreas. Liver transplantation is performed within the Interdisciplinary Hepatology Center.
The spectrum of vascular surgery covers all traditional reconstructive interventions on the vessels below the diaphragm and above the aortic arch.When performing such operations, doctors use minimally invasive, endovascular methods.
Special attention is paid to pediatric surgery. The department's specialists proceed from the fact that children are not small adults and therefore need an individual approach and special treatment methods. A variety of benign and malignant diseases in children are successfully treated using surgical interventions. Along with the interventions on the abdominal organs and surgeries for inguinal and umbilical hernia, it also offers medical care in the field of pediatric traumatology (conservative and surgical treatment of bone fractures and the consequences of accidents).
The diagnostic and therapeutic range of the department includes:
- Diseases of the upper gastrointestinal tract (esophagus and stomach)
- Esophageal diseases
- Swallowing disorders
- Reflux disease (reflux esophagitis)
- Esophageal cancer
- Stomach diseases
- Gastrointestinal function laboratory
- Pathological overweight (obesity)
- Diseases of the liver, gallbladder and biliary ducts, pancreas
- Liver surgery
- Liver tumors
- Liver transplantation
- Diseases of the gallbladder and biliary tract
- Pancreatic diseases
- Diseases of the lower gastrointestinal tract (small and large bowel)
- Colorectal cancer
- Diseases of the rectum
- Diseases of the thyroid gland, parathyroid glands, adrenal glands
- Inguinal, umbilical and ventral hernias
- Vascular and endovascular surgery
- Shunting (vascular access for the dialysis patients)
- Carotid artery narrowing (carotid stenosis)
- Peripheral artery diseases
- Venous diseases
- Hybrid operating room
- Pediatric surgery
- Surgical treatment of children
- Neonatal surgery
- Malformations in infants and young children
- Abdominal surgery
- Pediatric traumatology
- Pediatric urology
- Pediatric plastic surgery
- Pediatric tumor surgery
- Pediatric thoracic surgery
- Minimally invasive surgery
- And other diagnostic and therapeutic options
Education and Professional Experience
- 1979 - 1985 Study of Medicine at the Free University of Berlin.
- 1986 - 2004 Surgical training: Department of General, Vascular and Thoracic Surgery (Surgical Hospital) Benjamin Franklin University Hospital, Free University of Berlin.
- 1986 Title of the Candidate of Medical Sciences, Faculty of Clinical Medicine.
- 1992 Certified Surgeon.
- 1994 Qualification in Vascular Surgery.
- 1997 Specialization in Abdominal Surgery.
- 1999 Doctoral thesis defense, subject: "Laser interstitial thermal therapy (LITT) as a treatment method for liver malignant tumors".
- 1999 Venia Legendi in Surgery.
- 2002 Invitation to the position of (C3) Professor of General and Abdominal Surgery at the Free University of Berlin and the Humboldt University of Berlin.
- 1993 - 2004 Senior Physician of Abdominal, Vascular and Thoracic Surgery, Outpatient Intensive Care Unit.
- 2000 - 2004 Head of the Department of Surgery I, Department of General, Vascular and Thoracic Surgery, Charite University Hospital Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Free University of Berlin and Humboldt University of Berlin.
- 2005 Additional qualification in Minimally Invasive Surgery, Surgical Working Group on Minimally Invasive Surgery (CAMIC).
- 2004 - 2008 Head of the Department of General, Abdominal and Thoracic Surgery, Nuremberg Hospital.
- 2008 Invitation to the position of (W3) Professor of Surgery at the Julius Maximilian University of Würzburg.
- 2012 Qualification in Special Abdominal Surgery.
- Since 2008, Medical Director in the Department of General, Abdominal, Transplant, Vascular and Pediatric Surgery at the University Hospital Würzburg.
Membership in Professional Societies
- Association of Bavarian Surgeons (VBC).
- German Society of General and Abdominal Surgery (DGAV).
- German Society of Surgery (DGCH).
- German Society of Coloproctology (DGK).
- Professional Association of German Surgeons (BDC).
- Berlin Surgical Society.
- German Obesity Society.
- German Сontinence Society.
- LebensBlicke Foundation.
- German Organ Transplantation Foundation (DSO).
- Surgical Working Group on Adiposity Therapy (CA-ADIP).
- Working Group on Surgical Endocrinology (DGAV).
Photo of the doctor: (c) Universitätsklinikum Würzburg
Accommodation in hospital
- Program [Description]
Treatment of reflux esophagitis with fundoplication
- Hospital: University Hospital Würzburg
- access_time Duration:
There are 99 reflux esophagitis (gerd) treatment hospitals on Booking Health websiteShow all clinics