Treatment of av-malformation of brain using platinum coils embolization (coiling) (program ID: 557748)
University Hospital Würzburg
Mirko PhamSpecialized in: adult and pediatric diagnostic, interventional neuroradiology
Department of Adult and Pediatric Diagnostic, Interventional Neuroradiology
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- clinical history taking
- review of medical records
- physical examination
- laboratory tests:
- complete blood count
- general urine analysis
- biochemical analysis of blood
- inflammation indicators (CRP, ESR)
- indicators blood coagulation
- neurological examination
- functionality x-ray
- CT/MRI scan
- neuropsychological tests (on indications):
- ENMG (electroneuromyography)
- EEG (electroencephalography)
- SEPs (somatosensory evoked potentials)
- VEPs (visually evoked potentials)
- BAEP tests (brainstem auditory evoked potential)
- preoperative care
- treatment of the av-malformation with coiling
- 1-day intensive care unit stay
- postoperative MRI control
- symptomatic treatment
- control examinations
- the cost of essential medicines and materials
- nursing services
- full hospital accommodation
- developing of further guidance
You may also book
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Diagnostic, Interventional Neuroradiology at the University Hospital Würzburg offers the full range of radiological studies and modern minimally invasive catheter procedures for the treatment of vascular diseases of the brain, head and neck, spine. The highly qualified team of doctors of the department specializes in the treatment of strokes, aneurysms, vascular malformations and atherosclerosis. In addition, the department is equipped with high-tech systems the special diagnostics of the central and peripheral nervous system. The department operates a national Expert Center for Radiological Diagnostics of Brain Tumors in Children. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Mirko Pham.
All diagnostic and therapeutic procedures are provided in accordance with the strict guidelines of the professional societies. In the course of treatment, there is maintained close cooperation with the specialists from related disciplines, for example, neurosurgeons, neurologists, otolaryngologists, ophthalmologists, and specialists in oral and maxillofacial surgery. The diagnostics and treatment of malformations of the central nervous system in children is also based on an interdisciplinary approach.
The service range of the department includes:
- Minimally invasive treatment of vascular malformations of the brain, head and neck, upper limb, spine and spinal cord
- Emergency medical care for stroke
- Stroke prevention (prevention of atherosclerosis)
- Cerebrovascular aneurysms
- Arteriovenous malformations of the brain and spinal cord
- Vascular malformations in the face, head, neck and body
- Vascular fistulas and arteriovenous dural fistulas
- Vascular tumors of the head and neck (for example, meningiomas, paragangliomas, juvenile nasopharyngeal angiofibromas)
- Catheter procedures to arrest bleeding in the face, head and neck
- Minimally invasive interventions on the brain veins for diagnostic and therapeutic purposes
- Minimally invasive pain therapy
- Treatment of neuropathic pain in spinal nerve lesion
- Treatment of headaches (decrease of the cerebrospinal fluid volume)
- Specialized neuroradiological diagnostics
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Computed tomography (CT)
- Angiography (digital subtraction angiography)
- Diagnostics and treatment of diseases and malformations of the central nervous system in children (in collaboration with the Departments of Pediatric Radiology, Pediatric Neurosurgery, Pediatrics)
- Other medical services
- 1998 - 2005 Medical School at the University of Tuebingen, Germany (summa cum laude).
2001 - 2002 Internship at the University Hospital Guadalajara, Mexico.
- 2013 Habilitation and Venia Legendi in Radiology, Heidelberg University, Germany.
- 2005 Doctoral dissertation: "Modulation of slow-cortical potentials by feedback of auditory stimuli" (Supervisor: Prof. Dr. N. Birbaumer), Institute for Medical Psychology and Behavioural Neurobiology, University of Tuebingen, Germany.
- 2008 - 2015 Postdoctoral Fellow and Group Leader MR Neurography at the Department of Neuroradiology (Prof. Dr. M. Bendszus), University of Heidelberg, Germany.
- 2012 Attending Physician in the Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Neuroradiology.
- 2012 Board Certification in Neuroradiology.
- 2011 Board Certification in Diagnostic Radiology.
- 2005 - 2007 Postdoctoral Fellow with Prof. Dr. L. Solymosi, Department of Neuroradiology, University of Würzburg, Germany.
Awards and Honors
- 2014 Wilhelm Conrad Röntgen Prize of the German Radiology Society.
- 2012 Senior Award of the European Society of Neuroradiology (Lucien Appel Award).
- 2012 Coolidge Award for Research in Diagnostic MR Imaging.
- 2010 Senior Award of the German Society of Neuroradiology (Kurt Decker Award).
- 2007 Best Selected Paper in Clinical Neuroradiology.
- 2006 Junior Award of the German Society of Neuroradiology (Marc Dünzl Award).
Memberships in Professional Societies
- German Society of Radiology.
- German Society of Neuroradiology.
- European Society of Neuroradiology.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Universitätsklinikum Würzburg
Accommodation in hospital
- Program [Description]
Treatment of av-malformation of brain using platinum coils embolization (coiling)
- Hospital: University Hospital Würzburg
- access_time Duration:
There are 27 av-malformation of brain treatment hospitals on Booking Health websiteShow all clinics