University Orthopedic Hospital Hannover-Annastift MHH
Department of Shoulder and Knee Surgery, Sports Orthopedics (414317)
Specialized in: shoulder and knee surgery, sports orthopedics
About the department
The Department of Shoulder and Knee Surgery, Sports Orthopedics at the University Orthopedic Hospital Hannover-Annastift MHH offers the full range of services in this fields. It uses the most modern treatments, high-quality endoprostheses of famous world manufacturers, which, in combination with the rich clinical experience and professionalism of doctors guarantees the optimal result. In addition, the department treats sports injuries of varying severity. The Chief Physician of the department is PD Dr. med. Tomas Smith.
The department’s range of services includes:
- Shoulder surgery
- Special methods of shoulder replacement surgery (for example, application of an inverse endoprosthesis, joint surface replacement, etc.)
- Operations to replace joint with implants that have an anatomical shape (partial and total joint replacement)
- Revision shoulder joint replacement
- Rotator cuff reconstruction
- Stabilization of the shoulder and other joints
- Surgical treatment of shoulder impingement syndrome
- Treatment of forearm calcification
- Other services
- Knee surgery
- Reconstructive interventions on a cruciate ligament
- Meniscus stabilization
- Meniscus replacement
- Substitution therapy for cartilage lesions (for example, cellular therapy, HemiCAP)
- Patella stabilization
- Corrective osteotomy
- Implantation of sliding prostheses
- Total and partial knee replacement
- Other services
- Treatment of sports injuries of the musculoskeletal system
- Other therapeutic options
Photo of the doctor: (c) DIAKOVERE Annastift
Department of Shoulder and Knee Surgery, Sports Orthopedics.
University Orthopedic Hospital Hannover-Annastift MHH:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.