Vivantes Humboldt Hospital Berlin
Department of Vascular Medicine (333728)
Specialized in: vascular medicine
About the department
The Department of Vascular Medicine at the Vivantes Humboldt Hospital treats diseases of the arteries, veins and lymphatic vessels. Experts of the department specialize in conservative and surgical treatment methods of vascular medicine, as well as catheter therapy. The head of the department is Prof. Dr. Carsten Bünger.
The Department of Vascular Medicine treats arterial diseases, for example, aortic aneurysms. It also treats accumulation and calcification of the pelvic arteries and lower extremities and stenosis of the neck arteries. The spectrum of treatment extends from drug treatment, surgical interventions (for example, balloon catheter stretching or stent implantation) - up to operational reconstruction and improvement of blood circulation through enucleation and shunting. In addition, the task area of the department also includes treatment of venous diseases, for example, varicose veins and thrombosis.
Directions of the department are:
- Endovascular treatment and vascular surgery
- Differential diagnosis of vascular diseases
- Open vascular surgery
- Combination of open vascular surgery and catheter treatment (hybrid operations)
- Wound therapy
- Surgical installation of vascular access
- Other options, including screening for vasoconstriction, protrusion (aneurysm), and patient counseling.
- 1988 - 1995 Studied medicine at the University of Hamburg.
- 1997 Clinical approbation, Hamburg.
- 1995 - 1996 Doctor-trainee, St. Francis Flensburg Hospital, Department of Surgery.
- 1997 Assistant Doctor, St. Francis Flensburg Hospital, Department of Internal Medicine.
- 1997 Pilgrim Clinic, Boston, Department of Orthopedics / Traumatology.
- 1997 - 2005 Department of Surgery, University of Rostock.
- 1997 Got qualified as an ambulance doctor, Bad Segeberg, Department of Intensive Surgical Medicine.
- 1999 Department of Surgery, University of Rostock.
- 2004 - 2005 Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care, University of Rostock.
- 2002 Specialist doctor, medical chamber of Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania, Rostock.
- Since 2003 Acting head physician of the Department of Vascular Surgery, University of Rostock.
- 2005 A specialist in vascular surgery, medical chamber of Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania, Rostock.
- Since 2005 Senior Physician at the Department of Surgery, University of Rostock.
- Since 2006 Coordinator of the Interdisciplinary Vascular Center of the University of Rostock.
- 2006 Internship at the Center for Interventional Radiology, University of Rostock.
- Since 2009 Head of the direction of vascular surgery in the Department of Surgery, University of Rostock.
- Since 2009 Obtained authority to provide counseling services within the framework of vascular surgery.
- From 2013 Chief physician of the Department of Vascular Medicine at the Vivantes Humboldt Hospital, Berlin Spandau.
Membership in Societies
- German Society of Vascular Surgery.
- Founding Member of the North-German Society of Vascular Medicine Specialists.
- German Union of Higher Schools.
- Union of German Surgeons.
- Association of North German surgeons.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Vivantes Netzwerk für Gesundheit GmbH
Department of Vascular Medicine.
Vivantes Humboldt Hospital Berlin:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.