Vivantes Neukölln Hospital Berlin
Department of Adult and Pediatric Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Plastic Surgery (357442)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric otolaryngology, head and neck surgery, plastic surgery
About the Department of Adult and Pediatric Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Plastic Surgery at Vivantes Neukölln Hospital Berlin
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Plastic Surgery at the Vivantes Neukölln Hospital offers the full range of modern medical services in the relevant fields. The patients have at their disposal the latest medical equipment and a highly qualified team of experienced specialists who provide quality diagnostics and treatment in accordance with the strictest international standards. The department is headed by PD Dr. med. Volker Schilling.
The department pays much attention to surgery of the paranasal sinuses, ear, facial plastic surgery, treatment of tumors in the head or neck, as well as operations in the base of the skull.
It should be noted that an interdisciplinary approach is one of the most important components of the treatment, and therefore the doctors of the department work in close cooperation with specialists from related disciplines: oncologists, radiation therapists, ophthalmologists, neurologists, thoracic surgeons and others.
In addition, the department offers a wide range of services in the field of pediatric otolaryngology. There are 8 beds in separate rooms for children at the age of over 11, while young children live in a room with one of the parents (Rooming-in).
The therapeutic options of the department include the following types of surgical treatment:
Diseases and defects of the nasal cavity and paranasal sinuses
- Surgery to improve nasal breathing
- Functional endoscopic surgery of the paranasal sinuses (also with the navigation system)
- Functional and aesthetic surgery on the nasal cavity (e.g., septorhinoplasty, laser treatment of rhinophyma)
- Plastic reconstruction of the nose, for example, after trauma
Diseases and defects of the ear
- Drainage in chronic middle ear effusion
- Operations to improve and restore hearing, for example, laser stapedectomy
- External ear plastic surgery
- Correction of protruding ears
- Auricle reconstruction
- Surgical procedures on the palate and nasopharyngeal tonsils (tonsillectomy, laser tonsillotomy, adenotomy)
- Surgery to eliminate snoring
- Laser surgery for the treatment of the Zenker's diverticulum
Laryngeal and tracheal diseases
- Diagnostics of the larynx, trachea and esophagus under general anesthesia
- Phonosurgery (microsurgical operations for improving the voice)
- Interventions to treat laryngeal stenosis
- Salivary gland surgery
- Surgical sanitation of the inflammation foci
- Surgery to remove neoplasms in the neck: unclear enlargement of the lymph nodes, glomus tumors, etc.
- Removal of lymphatic vessels affected by a tumor (cervical dissection, parotidectomy)
- Interdisciplinary tracheal surgery
- Laser organ preservation surgery for malignant tumors of the mouth and throat
- Reconstructive plastic surgery after extensive resection of tumors (e.g., free skin flaps)
- Laser surgery and open interventions to treat laryngeal tumors before removal of the larynx with the simultaneous implantation of a vocal prosthesis
- Reconstruction of individual nerves after tumor resection, e.g., facial nerve
- Interdisciplinary surgery for the removal of tumors of the paranasal sinuses, the base of the skull and orbit
- Reposition of the nose bones in a fracture
- Treatment of soft tissue injuries in the head and neck, and reconstructive plastic surgery
- Interdisciplinary surgery for fractures of the external base of the skull
The department’s range of services in the field of conservative treatment includes:
- Treatment of inflammatory diseases of the head and neck
- Drug therapy for the treatment of facial nerve paralysis
- Treatment of diseases affecting the inner ear
- Diagnostics and treatment of voice, speech and swallowing disorders
- Diagnostics, conservative treatment and further monitoring of inoperable head and neck tumors (in collaboration with the Cancer Center of the Neukölln Hospital)
Photo of the doctor: (c) Vivantes Netzwerk für Gesundheit GmbH
Department of Adult and Pediatric Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Plastic Surgery.
Vivantes Neukölln Hospital Berlin:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.