Vivantes Neukölln Hospital Berlin
Department of Pulmonology and Infectology (357447)
Specialized in: pulmonology, infectology
About the department
The Department of Pulmonology and Infectology at the Vivantes Neukölln Hospital offers the full range of services in these medical fields. The medical team of the department specializes in the diagnostics and treatment of lung diseases, sleep disorders, as well as various infections. The department has two dispensaries, two stations for inpatients, special isolated rooms for patients with infectious diseases, a sleep laboratory and an intensive care unit. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Wulf Pankow.
The intensive care unit designed for prolonged mechanical ventilation and weaning provides medical care to patients for whom weaning is a difficult process or to patients with severe respiratory failure who need home mechanical ventilation. To wean the patient from mechanical ventilation, doctors develop a tailored concept, which includes adapted methods of invasive and non-invasive ventilation, as well as enhanced physiotherapy, ergotherapy and speech therapy. The success of treatment relies on daily structured therapeutic measures.
The department is equipped with the state-of-the-art equipment that allows to provide high-precision diagnostics and comprehensive treatment of even the most severe pathologies.
The range of medical services of the department includes:
- Pulmonary function tests: whole body plethysmography, lung diffusion testing, spiroergometry
- Respiratory therapy
- Bronchoscopy (flexible and rigid), thoracoscopy
- Interventional bronchology (stent implantation), laser therapy, afterloading, argon plasma coagulation
- Ultrasound / color Doppler
- Diagnostics and treatment of infections (8 isolated wards)
- Full range of diagnostic measures in the Sleep Laboratory
- Care for patients in need of prolonged mechanical ventilation
- Special outpatient clinic for the treatment of tuberculosis
- Therapeutic programs for quitting smoking
- And many other services
- 1982 - 1984 Resident, Institute of Pathology, Philipps University of Marburg, Germany.
- 1984 - 1990 Fellow in Internal Medicine, Philipps University of Marburg, Germany.
- 1990 - 2004 Senior Consultant, Department of Pulmonology and Infectology, Vivantes Neukölln Hospital, Berlin, Germany.
- 1999 Habilitation in Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Philipps University of Marburg, Germany.
- 1999 Assistant Professor of Medicine, Philipps University Marburg.
- Since 2004 Chief Physician of the Department of Pulmonology and Infectology, Vivantes Neukölln Hospital, Berlin, Germany.
- 2005 Adjunct Professor of Medicine, Philipps University of Marburg, Germany.
Membership in Professional Societies
- German Society of Internal Medicine.
- German Society of Pulmonology.
- German Sleep Society.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Vivantes Netzwerk für Gesundheit GmbH
Department of Pulmonology and Infectology.
Vivantes Neukölln Hospital Berlin:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.