Vivantes Neukölln Hospital Berlin
Department of Adult and Pediatric Radiology, Interventional Therapy (359035)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric radiology, interventional therapy
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Radiology, Interventional Therapy at the Vivantes Neukölln Hospital offers the full range of services in these medical focuses. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Thomas Albrecht.
It offers innovative methods of diagnosis and therapy using the latest equipment: X-ray, CT, MRI, ultrasound, angiography. Interventional radiology is based on sparing treatment methods, after which patients experience minimal pain and recover quickly.
The range of medical services of the department includes:
General imaging diagnostics
- Projectional radiography, including fluoroscopy
- Sonography, including color duplex sonography and contrast-enhanced ultrasound (level DEGUM 3)
- Multislice spiral computed tomography
- Magnetic resonance imaging and MR angiography
- Digital subtraction angiography
- Percutaneous transluminal angioplasty of all vessels (in the legs, kidneys, arms, etc.)
- Mechanical vascular recanalization
- Intra-arterial lysis therapy
- Aspiration thrombectomy
- Interventional therapy for the treatment of aortic aneurysms
- Radiofrequency ablation for the treatment of liver and kidney tumors
- Transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunts (TIPS)
- Chemoembolization for the treatment of liver tumors
- Embolization for the treatment of bleeding and tumors
- Ultrasound- and CT-guided biopsy and drainage application
- CT-guided puncture and drainage
- CT-guided pain therapy (periradicular infiltration and facet joint block)
- X-ray mammography
- Ultrasound of the mammary glands with a high-resolution sensor
- MR mammography
- Fine needle aspiration
- Digital stereotactic vacuum biopsy
- Sonography in children, incl. sonography for reflux detection
- X-ray examination of the skeleton, thoracic and abdominal organs
- 1984 - 1987 Study at the Free University of Berlin, Germany.
- 1987 - 1988 Study at the University of Innsbruck, Austria.
- 1988 - 1989 Study at the University of Manchester, UK.
- 1990 Graduation and German registration.
- 1991 Dissertation and Doctorate (Dr. med.), Free University of Berlin, Germany.
- 1993 GMC registration (UK registration).
- 1994 Fellowship of the Royal College of Radiologists, London, Part I.
- 1996 Fellowship of the Royal College of Radiologists, London, Part II.
- 1999 Certificate of Specialist Training, Clinical Radiology.
- 2002 Habilitation, Free University of Berlin, Germany.
- 2007 Visiting Professor of the Charité.
- 1989 - 1990 House Officer, Departments of Medicine and Surgery at the University Hospitals of Charlottenburg and Steglitz, Berlin, Germany. Department of Diagnostic Radiology, University of California, San Francisco, USA.
- 1991 - 1992 Senior House Officer, Department of Medicine, Moabit Teaching Hospital, Berlin, Germany.
- 1992 - 1993 Registrar, Department of Radiology, Benjamin Franklin Campus, Free University of Berlin, Germany.
- 1993 - 1996 Registrar, Department of Imaging, Hammersmith Hospital, Royal Postgraduate Medical School, London, UK.
- 1996 - 1997 Senior Registrar and Research Fellow, Department of Imaging, Hammersmith Hospital, Royal Postgraduate Medical School, London, UK.
- Since 1997 Department of Radiology, Benjamin Franklin Campus, Free University of Berlin.
- Since 1998 Consultant Radiologist.
- Since 2004 Senior Consultant Radiologist.
- 1988 Scholarship of the German Academic Exchange Service for one year at the University of Manchester, UK.
- 1990 Honours degree of the Radiology Learning Center of the University of California, San Francisco, USA.
- 1997 Prize of the German Society for Ultrasound in Medicine.
- 1998 Young Investigator’s Award. 5th European Symposium on Ultrasound Contrast Imaging, Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
- 2002 “Merit Award” Poster prize of the Radiological Society of North America.
- 2003 Travel Bursary of the “Leopoldina”.
- 2003 Lecturer of the German Society for Ultrasound in Medicine.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Vivantes Netzwerk für Gesundheit GmbH
Department of Adult and Pediatric Radiology, Interventional Therapy.
Vivantes Neukölln Hospital Berlin:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.